Notices

Houston Z's & G's 1st Annual Spring BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:42 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrispy
u gonna make it out for the bbq george? the car doesnt have to be done to eat some cue and have a few drinks.
Maybe since George won't have any seats in his car he can fit a picnic table in there now...
Old 04-16-2008, 07:17 AM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vo7848
Maybe since George won't have any seats in his car he can fit a picnic table in there now...
Yep, then I won't need my driver's bucket anymore. I'll just sit on the table to drive out there. Who needs seats or seat belts when you have a picnic table to sit on?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:39 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by TruBluZ
Yep, then I won't need my driver's bucket anymore. I'll just sit on the table to drive out there. Who needs seats or seat belts when you have a picnic table to sit on?
Old 04-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Red04350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe, is it just for 350Z guys and gals or can anyone go?

Gonzo
Old 04-16-2008, 12:30 PM
R3VAN
Banned

how many of teh chickzorz are goin?
Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Chrispy
GURU

Originally Posted by Red04350Z
Maybe, is it just for 350Z guys and gals or can anyone go?

Gonzo
as always, anyone can go. however we do ask to keep the audience respectful. we have some wives and girlfriends as well as some lady z drivers, so we want to make sure we have a mature crowd. having a 350z or a g is not a requirement. we are just a good bunch of guys and gals getting together for a little cue , a little football,and a few drinks.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:50 AM
VO...
Administrator

however we do ask to keep the audience respectful.

so we want to make sure we have a mature crowd.
+1 & +1

It's a very mature crowd and somewhat family orientated. Absolutely no kiddy BS in the parking lot...
Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Chrispy
GURU

+1 & +1

It's a very mature crowd and somewhat family orientated. Absolutely no kiddy BS in the parking lot...
exactly! hey where is this spot you were telling me about for this event? could you post up directions so i can go scout it out.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:55 AM
VO...
Administrator

exactly! hey where is this spot you were telling me about for this event? could you post up directions so i can go scout it out.
Give me a second Chris, I'll look it up...
Old 04-17-2008, 10:04 AM
VO...
Administrator

exactly!
I guess the mesage we're trying to relay is that this isn't an ordinary car meet where everyone and their mother comes, but more of a social gathering where fellow car people come out to make long term friends. We bring our wives and GF's so they can make friends with other spouses/significant others too.

It's not a K-mart parking lot gathering where people come and go, or just stop by to check out cars, hang out in their own little clicks, then leave when the cops arrive. It's more personal than that. I've personally met some great people at the few meets we've had and have stayed in contact with most of the guys in one way or another.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 AM
TruBluZ

^ So, this is what this meet is all about?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:25 AM
VO...
Administrator

could you post up directions so i can go scout it out.
I made this map. Go ahead and post it in the original post Chris..

Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by TruBluZ
^ So, this is what this meet is all about?
The meet at Slicks was a good meet, but the BBQ meets are alittle more family orientated IMO. You know, everyone chips in and brings something, you can bring your little kids, or bring pets with you. That type of meet. It's not really a bunch of guys standing around looking at eachother's engine bays. At least that's how I see it...
Old 04-17-2008, 12:18 PM
TruBluZ

The meet at Slicks was a good meet, but the BBQ meets are alittle more family orientated IMO. You know, everyone chips in and brings something, you can bring your little kids, or bring pets with you. That type of meet. It's not really a bunch of guys standing around looking at eachother's engine bays. At least that's how I see it...
It was a joke man.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Chrispy
GURU

man listen to this guy, he'll be chasing kids around before u know it.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:33 AM
VO...
Administrator

he'll be chasing kids around before u know it.
I already do

Last edited by VO...; 04-19-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Chrispy
GURU

ok, so i went out to the park today in the z to give it an official once over, and i believe this spot will work just fine. the roads in and out are ok for dropped z's and g's and the parking should be sufficient. over on picnic lane there is parking on the side of the street that would be even better. the ground is nice and even and not crazy ruff at all. we will post up the pits and tent over on the volleyball side of the streets. originally i posted this meet to start at 3 pm but i getting off of work earlier than i thought, so lets push the start time up to 2pm and anyone who wants to be there earlier, i will be out there getting the food going and chilling out with a few cold ones. as of right now we are supposed to have cloudy weather,but i dont think this will be a problem. so get out your sunscreen, grab the old lady/old man , your favorite food and drink and come on out for an afternoon of sh*t talkin, cue , and good friends! oh and be sure to make it out to witness the slaughter of filipino bbq! texas cue ftw!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 AM
TruBluZ

Oh hell...that's THIS weekend? Man, you guys are cutting into my fishing time!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 AM
VO...
Administrator

ok, so i went out to the park today in the z to give it an official once over, and i believe this spot will work just fine. the roads in and out are ok for dropped z's and g's and the parking should be sufficient. over on picnic lane there is parking on the side of the street that would be even better. the ground is nice and even and not crazy ruff at all. we will post up the pits and tent over on the volleyball side of the streets. originally i posted this meet to start at 3 pm but i getting off of work earlier than i thought, so lets push the start time up to 2pm and anyone who wants to be there earlier, i will be out there getting the food going and chilling out with a few cold ones. as of right now we are supposed to have cloudy weather,but i dont think this will be a problem. so get out your sunscreen, grab the old lady/old man , your favorite food and drink and come on out for an afternoon of sh*t talkin, cue , and good friends! oh and be sure to make it out to witness the slaughter of filipino bbq! texas cue ftw!
Cool. I'm glad you liked the spot. Hey Chris, the old lady is bringing some vegitarian meat she bought. It's the only meat she'll eat, besides mine. Make sure and cue it up Texas style!

Has anyone been by the Academy store to pick up some flag football belts?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Chrispy
GURU

Cool. I'm glad you liked the spot. Hey Chris, the old lady is bringing some vegitarian meat she bought. It's the only meat she'll eat, besides mine. Make sure and cue it up Texas style!

Has anyone been by the Academy store to pick up some flag football belts?
vegetarian meat? haha i will leave it up to you to cook that. ill go by academy and see how much they are. shouldnt be that much.

Quick Reply: Houston Z's & G's 1st Annual Spring BBQ