Notices

Texas A&M Sports Car Club: 2013 Events

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 PM
MichaelTAMSCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas A&M Sports Car Club: 2013 Events

Howdy! I’m Michael, the Social Media Chair on behalf of the Texas A&M Sports Car Club. We hold many events in and around College Station, Texas including autocross, road rallyes, drag racing, and group drives through curvy back roads.

Autocross: 3/16/13 is Offensive Driving 101 and 3/17/13 is the first Autocross event of the semester
Just minutes from the Texas A&M campus, we have access to the Riverside Annex, a decommissioned air base with two criss-crossing airstrips meaning a sea of flat concrete. It is the largest autocross site in Texas.
http://www.tamscc.org/forum/content....bout-Autocross

Road Rallyes:
These events are time-speed-distance competitions held on public roads at legal speeds. The objective is to come as close as possible to the optimal travel time between checkpoints hidden along the the rallye route. The second, but very important objective is to not get lost while following the coded instructions around town!
http://www.tamscc.org/forum/content....-Rallye-Events

Drag Racing:
Events are open to all members, regardless of how fast their car may be. Using a standard "bracket" format, faster cars are given a handicap to level the playing field, allowing a good driver in a slow car a chance to win against a weaker driver in more powerful one. Thus, the club's drag events are kept approachable to members of all levels of experience. We will carpool to Texas World Speedway.
http://www.tamscc.org/forum/content....ut-Drag-Racing

Memberships are $15/semester, $25/year, and $100/life and are open to everyone, not just TAMU students! While you do not have to be a member to participate in TAMSCC events, a membership knocks $5 off every event. On top of that, there are discounts at participating College Station businesses for TAMSCC members.
Join our forum at tamscc.org to get more information. We have Monday Night Dinners at various restaurants around town (the location is posted on the forum) and feel free to ask members questions and introduce yourself! We aren’t here just to race, we’re a social club as well! Hang out and talk gearhead with a great group of people!

TL;DR:
-Join the Texas A&M Sports Car Club for events and a hell of a lot of fun
-cheap autocross
-challenging road rallyes
-fun drag racing

Old 03-13-2013, 04:39 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I was closer to College Station. Sounds like a fun group to be a part of. Gig 'em!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 PM
MichaelTAMSCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
I wish I was closer to College Station. Sounds like a fun group to be a part of. Gig 'em!
Its a blast! Maybe next semester ya'll can group drive down! It'd be great bragging rights at the local 350z meets
Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We may have to work something out.