Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Making some money racing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 09:46 PM
hurahn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making some money racing?

My roommate's friend was asking me if any stupid people race for money.(i.e. more show than go) He's from Sacramento and has some old American muscle that looks and sounds like a beater but......you know the rest. Seeing how I haven't been to any races, legal or illegal, in about 3 or 4 years I told him I'm not sure. I did let him know that a lot of people around here are ballers(with the cashflow to put into their cars) and take their racing seriously and that he probably wouldn't be surprising that many people. Oh, and to keep that **** outta VA!!! Was I right in my assumption? Anybody here races for cash? Feel free to PM me, no need to air your business publicly.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:34 AM
pdjafari

Only when the competition is worthy of my 5AT shifts (ie all scions, saturns, kia's, daewoo's, dump trucks)!! jk

There was a place in maryland (i think) called 'Metro??' at the new carrolton metro stop, BUT b4 people flame me, I only went once and I dont recall people racing for cash, mostly to show off the whips/rides. But that place used to get busted by 5-0 all the time, and this is like...6-7 years ago so I dont know if its even the 'spot' anymore. I didnt think ppl raced around here for $$, i mean im sure there are underground spots where people do, but prob not in front of the public (like Fast N Furious). But I would personally never risk my car/others lives nor my own life for the sake of $$ on public streets (as you can see first on the list was 'car' then taking lives!!) Id much rather work construction, hard labor, burger king and make money and NOT have to deal w/ taking a life, even if I KNEW i had the fastest G35 on the east coast. I guess I dont feel the need to prove anything, just to look good while Im driving!!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:47 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pdjafari
I would personally never risk my car/others lives nor my own life for the sake of $$ on public streets (as you can see first on the list was 'car' then taking lives!!) Id much rather work construction, hard labor, burger king and make money and NOT have to deal w/ taking a life, even if I KNEW i had the fastest G35 on the east coast. I guess I dont feel the need to prove anything, just to look good while Im driving!!
I'll second that!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:57 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

check out malek's pizza place in springfield, va. i'm pretty sure they have people that only race for money. and get mad and will fight you if you will not race them.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:50 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Pink slips only here ... know what am I gonna do with THIS civic?

hehhe..

seriously, if your buddy wants to race for money.. then you'll find plenty of kids willing to give up thier cash at any car hangout in NoVa.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:08 AM
g6g35

Originally Posted by EnthuZiastDrive
check out malek's pizza place in springfield, va. i'm pretty sure they have people that only race for money. and get mad and will fight you if you will not race them.
That's funny cause some of the people over there actually do that.