Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mod-friendly inspectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 12:40 PM
stopgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod-friendly inspectors?

I moved from VA to MD last year. Since my tags expire soon I've had the Z serviced in preparation for the MD state inspection.

Strangely, I was told by the service shop (very, very helpful guys BTW) that since I have aftermarket tint and Eibach springs that my car will automatically fail. The only caveat is that if I can find a MD state trooper who will test my window tint and provide verification that I'm within the limits I can get that part of the inspection waivered. But the springs are still an automatic no-go.

So, if anyone knows of a mod-friendly inspection station near Montgomery County I'd be grateful for that info. Hell, even if it means that I swap the factory springs back on just to pass the inspection.

But I'd rather not do that if you know what I mean.

What suck about all this is that the inspection is a one-off deal. That is, there is no annual reinspection so I could theoretically modify every component of the car after the inspection and not be in violation of the law. Stupid, f'ing legislators!!!

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Daewoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just find someone that will sell you and inspection ticket. the go for about $200. Kinda shady but works!