Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Custom Speaker Boxes???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006 | 06:24 AM
phase1

Default Custom Speaker Boxes???

I have been searching around for a place that can make custom speaker boxes to fit in the rear hatch of my Z, but have not had muck luck on finding anything.

I did find a website of some guys up in Canada that makes a triple 10" inclosure, but when it sits in the hatch it faces towards the driver and passenger.

So does anyone know of any local custom fiberglass speaker box builders (NOVA, D.C., Marlyand area)?

Thanks,
R.T.
Old 09-28-2006 | 06:31 AM
momo 350z

Originally Posted by phase1
I have been searching around for a place that can make custom speaker boxes to fit in the rear hatch of my Z, but have not had muck luck on finding anything.

I did find a website of some guys up in Canada that makes a triple 10" inclosure, but when it sits in the hatch it faces towards the driver and passenger.

So does anyone know of any local custom fiberglass speaker box builders (NOVA, D.C., Marlyand area)?

Thanks,
R.T.
the same guy you are refering too in canda does make a fiberglass sub box for 2 10" subs that fit under the rear strut brace and cutom painted..i bought mine from this guy..cost me around 300 bucks painted and shipped...
Old 09-28-2006 | 06:38 AM
savvy

Nazar from www.wickedcas.com makes all sorts of cool stuff for Z enclosures
Old 09-28-2006 | 07:06 AM
Driven1
Professional

We're in College Park, MD. Closer than those other places. We can do a custom fiberglass enclosure for you. Just let us know what you're looking for.

www.FreshDesignsInc.com

(Ask for Doug or Ryan) tell them you got there info from me on the forum. We hook you guys up with special pricing.

I just want to give you a little warning about some of those enclosures you're seeing on the internet (i.e. the 2 10' W7 enclosure) Those enclosures are WAY too small for the specified subs. They sound good to the avg. person, but when put against what the specs call for from the manufacturer, they get blown out of the water. One 10 W7 in a properly sized box will sound louder and better than the 2 in the smaller box under the strut bar. Under no circumstances is a box under the strut bar going to have enough airspace for 2 subs. It can be done, and it looks nice and semetrical, but you're losing an incredible amount of sound (both volume and frequency sensitivity) and wasting money on unnecessary stereo components (i.e larger than needed amp, and addition subs).

Here's a pic of my trunk that we did not too long ago. Not finished yet, but the amp rack is next

http://www.dubmagazine.com/DC_galler...%20-%20035.htm

http://www.dubmagazine.com/DC_galler...%20-%20034.htm

Robbie
Old 09-28-2006 | 07:14 AM
BamBam

Originally Posted by savvy
Nazar from www.wickedcas.com makes all sorts of cool stuff for Z enclosures
These are the guys who did my setup and they had preformed enclosures that are perfect fits for our cars. These can be shipped to you as is (just the enclosure) or even pre assembled (includes speakers and amp in the box when you receive it)

Great quality workmanship.
--Brent
Old 09-28-2006 | 09:59 AM
momo 350z

Originally Posted by Driven1
We're in College Park, MD. Closer than those other places. We can do a custom fiberglass enclosure for you. Just let us know what you're looking for.

www.FreshDesignsInc.com

(Ask for Doug or Ryan) tell them you got there info from me on the forum. We hook you guys up with special pricing.

I just want to give you a little warning about some of those enclosures you're seeing on the internet (i.e. the 2 10' W7 enclosure) Those enclosures are WAY too small for the specified subs. They sound good to the avg. person, but when put against what the specs call for from the manufacturer, they get blown out of the water. One 10 W7 in a properly sized box will sound louder and better than the 2 in the smaller box under the strut bar. Under no circumstances is a box under the strut bar going to have enough airspace for 2 subs. It can be done, and it looks nice and semetrical, but you're losing an incredible amount of sound (both volume and frequency sensitivity) and wasting money on unnecessary stereo components (i.e larger than needed amp, and addition subs).

Here's a pic of my trunk that we did not too long ago. Not finished yet, but the amp rack is next

http://www.dubmagazine.com/DC_galler...%20-%20035.htm

http://www.dubmagazine.com/DC_galler...%20-%20034.htm

Robbie

nice looking set-up robbie...looks like im going to have to come visit you again to get some work done on my g...
Old 09-28-2006 | 10:08 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by momo 350z
nice looking set-up robbie...looks like im going to have to come visit you again to get some work done on my g...
Anytime man. Thanks for the compliments. We've been working on getting the mixtures just right for a little while now and I think we've got it. So now we can do customers cars. Doug and Ryan have been working hard at it, and you should see some of the stuff they're doing now. Quite impressive IMO. You really have to see it and touch it in person. I always questioned the durability and reliability of fiberglass, but when I saw Ryan stand on my enclure and jump up and down on it to prove it was strong enough (before it was painted), I was quite pleased. And it sounds 100 times better than the 2 10's I had in the flush mount box under the rear bar. Like I said above the amount of airspace is key for proper sound.