Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Look at this Rice Rocket that can zip through corners *laugh*

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:27 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 10 TIL 4
You don't want to know man.

After I parted and sold the Z, I bought my first house. I ended up getting a '99 Civic Hatch for a beater and to get me around in the meantime. Hopefully the '07 Z will get the new VQ...I'm waiting to see. If not, I'll buy something next Spring maybe.

Keep up the good work on the Z!
99 Civic HB? You have joined the dark side Randy
I looked at the platform of the 07 Z motor, looks like a great motor for a twin turbo setup! You hafta get another Z! Your Z was so friggin HOT the way you had it! I'm looking to buy a house as well, we're all getting old. So when is the wedding, the kids, and my invite?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:09 PM
whtz05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live out of my Z!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:24 PM
plumpzz

Originally Posted by abui01
The bars have nothing to do with how harsh the ride is, but it does effect how well your car corners. The stiffer the setting on the swaybar, the more force is applied to the outer wheel while cornering.
I actually think its the other way around. Stiffer means more force on inner wheel. You may be right, since you sound like a pro. But if you think it through, less roll means the weight doesn't shift to the outside
Old 10-19-2006, 05:28 PM
rockinbboy

Looking good. Didn't you have a wing at one point? I could have sworn you did.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Cyp

really enjoyed that write up!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Alang35

ah i am familiar with rough rides (ive got flex). i also have hotchkis sways. thinking about getting those gt tie bars
Old 10-19-2006, 08:28 PM
philude

Originally Posted by plumpzz
I actually think its the other way around. Stiffer means more force on inner wheel. You may be right, since you sound like a pro. But if you think it through, less roll means the weight doesn't shift to the outside
+1 i think you got it..

Last edited by philude; 10-19-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:37 PM
abui01

yeah, that's right, I get my lefts and rights mixed up all the time, comes w/ old age!

Looking good. Didn't you have a wing at one point? I could have sworn you did.
Still do! It's a veilside ver 1! =D

ah i am familiar with rough rides (ive got flex). i also have hotchkis sways. thinking about getting those gt tie bars
How are those Flex's? It's probably the most popular coilover on the forums and they sell like hot cakes. I would rate these the "girlfriend friendly" coilovers, especially with that EDFC unit!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Alang35

haha i am afraid they are not girlfriend friendly even with edfc they could gain approval from a very liberal girlfriend, but in general i think they fail. still, i love them!!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:57 PM
suprpwr

haven't been following the local conversations lately, but where'd you get the kit painted? decent deal? (sorry if that's been brought up previously)
Old 10-20-2006, 02:05 PM
abui01

haven't been following the local conversations lately, but where'd you get the kit painted? decent deal? (sorry if that's been brought up previously)
I got it done at the body shop across from the old Vertex where Vertex use to get all their bodywork and paint done at. It's called Rosenthal something something... the shop is under new management and the name may have changed. They do autobody collision and repair for jaguars, bmw's and mercedes.

The deal was average but I could probably get it cheaper there now since the guys know me there by now. When Steve (former owner of the old Vertex) was there, he tried to get their best painter to paint my kit, but the guy was out of town that weekend so they had some newb take the job and he did a hack job on the paint because I believe he was under the influence while spraying. I had a custom paint done on the rear piece and the guy taped it off and painted the lines crookid. So after sending it back to have the guy fix it, he managed to whack it up again. After a 3rd time, the original guy that was suppose to take the job in the first place did it and got it flawless in 1 shot. Overall, the experience was a little hectic but in the end, the best guy there handled my pieces and the paint match is 100% accurate.

Overall, you're looking at about $200 per piece, however nowadays I can get it for a better deal else where for the same quality.

Last edited by abui01; 10-20-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Zincognito

im envious!! lol, sweet setup
Old 10-20-2006, 08:09 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<SNIP> I'm looking at Brent's Cobra/Corbeau er... whatever brand it is... looks sick because of the orange leather and carbon fiber back. I think I have a pic of it somewhere on my computer so I'll hafta post up for you guys to see, but I hear they're a grand a pop. <SNIP>
Hey man, I gotta tell you honestly, I love my seats, but because they are 2 pieces, the back moves around a bit too much for hard corning. If you REALLY are throwing the car around curves that hard, I recommend getting a one piece bucket, non-adjustable seat. You can get Cobra seats in any color combo you want. And it is no cost to mix colors. I know Cobra makes bucket racking seats also. But my big American butt has a tough time getting into them.

I am not sure how I missed this thread, but AWESOME job man. Suspension is my next & FINAL thing I want to address on the Z to give it a good balance.

Great work and look forward to seeing it in person soon.
--B
Old 10-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Mazinger Z

Those are awesome mods +1 for being original!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:41 PM
abui01

Originally Posted by BamBam
Hey man, I gotta tell you honestly, I love my seats, but because they are 2 pieces, the back moves around a bit too much for hard corning. If you REALLY are throwing the car around curves that hard, I recommend getting a one piece bucket, non-adjustable seat. You can get Cobra seats in any color combo you want. And it is no cost to mix colors. I know Cobra makes bucket racking seats also. But my big American butt has a tough time getting into them.

I am not sure how I missed this thread, but AWESOME job man. Suspension is my next & FINAL thing I want to address on the Z to give it a good balance.

Great work and look forward to seeing it in person soon.
--B
Oh yea, I hear the seats are a bit... heavy as well? You may be right though about the one piece bucket, but many ladies come and sit in the passenger seat and I think I'd like to have a reclinable version for them and perhaps a bucket version for me. For all of you guys that have no idea what we're talking about or that have never seen Brent's seats; here they are:

*drool...* those things are so hot... but anyways, what did you mean by them "moving around a bit much?" I figured if you paid the price you paid, they would stay pretty solid in any type of cornering!
Old 10-21-2006, 12:37 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yea, I hear the seats are a bit... heavy as well? You may be right though about the one piece bucket, but many ladies come and sit in the passenger seat and I think I'd like to have a reclinable version for them and perhaps a bucket version for me.
<SNIP>
what did you mean by them "moving around a bit much?" I figured if you paid the price you paid, they would stay pretty solid in any type of cornering!
Well, it could just be that mine need to be tightened down a bit, but I have definitely noticed in the last couple of months that when I make hard turns, that back moves about 1/2 inch side to side.
As for the weight, I know they are less then 1/2 the weight of stock seats. But probably not as light as 12 lbs. I thought somewhere around 20..? It's leather all around, so you might want to look into a fabric that is lighter.
--B