Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

I found them FINALLY! FENDERS

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006 | 06:51 AM
PumpedVA

Default I found them FINALLY! FENDERS

After days I mean DAYS of emails to diffrent vendors I found those DoLuck fenders. happy happy !! Had to order direct from japan so OMG shipping sucks!!

Widebody here I come. Now just need new wheels in a +15 front and -5 rear offset . wonder if I could just sway my rears to the front and add a 20mm spacer?

Anybody have a idea on who to paint this kit? seeing as everything but the doors and roof will need painting (have a new hood and need to fill the holes drilled for my wing ) should I paint the whole car and would it save $$?
Old 11-01-2006 | 06:59 AM
Theatrix
Professional
Premier Member

How much of a "flare" do the DoLuck fenders give you? (10mm,20mm)
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:01 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Congrats Toby!

Hard call on painting the whole car. If I were you.. I think that I would.. just to make sure that everything matches, and you dont have any visible blend lines.

On the wheels.. not sure.. I'm personally not a fan of spacers.
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:02 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Theatrix
How much of a "flare" do the DoLuck fenders give you? (10mm,20mm)
10mm and 30mm
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:04 AM
Theatrix
Professional
Premier Member

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
Anybody have a idea on who to paint this kit? seeing as everything but the doors and roof will need painting (have a new hood and need to fill the holes drilled for my wing ) should I paint the whole car and would it save $$?
I'm thinking the same. I'm already to the point where I know I will paint the entire car for the reasons you've given (Roadster), I'm now struggling with whether I'm going to a custom color or two tone scheme. Decisions, decisions!
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:05 AM
PumpedVA

Theatrix:
Front will be 10mm wider
Rear will be 30mm wider.

Mike: I am going to talk with gene's guy because I want it done right. How much will a paint job like this run you think? probley going to get them to do the install also
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:10 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Mike: I am going to talk with gene's guy because I want it done right. How much will a paint job like this run you think? probley going to get them to do the install also
Not sure to tell ya the truth... I do know that Aurthor (Body shop mgr) is a really good guy. I'd run it by him .. I'm sure that he'd be able to advise you on what to do. The bodywork that they performed on my car was flawless.. perfect paint match and blend.. so I know he has some good folks working for him.

Again.. Gene (Frederick Nissan) Probibly won't be the least expensive... but.. they do great work.
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:14 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Not sure to tell ya the truth... I do know that Aurthor (Body shop mgr) is a really good guy. I'd run it by him .. I'm sure that he'd be able to advise you on what to do. The bodywork that they performed on my car was flawless.. perfect paint match and blend.. so I know he has some good folks working for him.

Again.. Gene (Frederick Nissan) Probibly won't be the least expensive... but.. they do great work.
yea I rather pay for great work then save a few $$ . let me know what you find out bro. thanks
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:15 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by Theatrix
I'm thinking the same. I'm already to the point where I know I will paint the entire car for the reasons you've given (Roadster), I'm now struggling with whether I'm going to a custom color or two tone scheme. Decisions, decisions!
I am going to stay with DB maybe more pearl ? I want more depth to the paint
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:16 AM
05-Z

Awesome, can't wait to see the results.

Now maybe you can get the new wheels you been thinking about....
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:20 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by 05-Z
Awesome, can't wait to see the results.

Now maybe you can get the new wheels you been thinking about....
yea If I can just find some. might just run some doluck wheels
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:32 AM
Driven1
Professional

Toby. Congrats man. Glad to see you finally found what you wanted. I wouldn't do the spacers. But thats just my opinion. What I found when I did the body kit on my car was the wheels just didn't fit the car when it was finished and they had to go. Im sure you can find someone to scoop up those wheels from you. Then give me a call and we'll find something really nice and custom for ya. You met Jason at MIR last time when he was in his Yellow Porsche (he's the owner of the wheel shop).
As far as the paint. I know someone else up here who does good work as well, so if Gene is a little too pricey I'd refer you to him. If you add pearl to the DB it just makes it lighter. The stripe on my cazr is Baby Blue pearl. We toyed with alot of mixtures when we did mine and none of them really came out like I think your looking for (depth). I would try and find a Blue candy that looks similar to the DB, that way you dont have to go bonkers in the engine bay, etc.
As far as price goes, to fit the kit, repair any belmishes/dings in the body, and paint everything from the windows down on (the top of my car is the origional DB) should run around 4K, the whole car I would say around 6K and maybe 7K because of the widebody fitting thats needed. And thats being pretty conservative. I know how you like it done and you're like me, its worth the extra to have it done right. Paying for a good body guy and painter is NEVER something to shy away from.
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:39 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

godamn it, lucky !!!!! do-luck is impossible to find..
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:43 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by Driven1
Toby. Congrats man. Glad to see you finally found what you wanted. I wouldn't do the spacers. But thats just my opinion. What I found when I did the body kit on my car was the wheels just didn't fit the car when it was finished and they had to go. Im sure you can find someone to scoop up those wheels from you. Then give me a call and we'll find something really nice and custom for ya. You met Jason at MIR last time when he was in his Yellow Porsche (he's the owner of the wheel shop).
As far as the paint. I know someone else up here who does good work as well, so if Gene is a little too pricey I'd refer you to him. If you add pearl to the DB it just makes it lighter. The stripe on my cazr is Baby Blue pearl. We toyed with alot of mixtures when we did mine and none of them really came out like I think your looking for (depth). I would try and find a Blue candy that looks similar to the DB, that way you dont have to go bonkers in the engine bay, etc.
As far as price goes, to fit the kit, repair any belmishes/dings in the body, and paint everything from the windows down on (the top of my car is the origional DB) should run around 4K, the whole car I would say around 6K and maybe 7K because of the widebody fitting thats needed. And thats being pretty conservative. I know how you like it done and you're like me, its worth the extra to have it done right. Paying for a good body guy and painter is NEVER something to shy away from.
yea I agree 100% Its going to be a few months (after new years for sure) before I will start this. going to take 3 months for the fender to arive. The look I am going for is how the DB looks when sun hits 10 layers of zanio that deep almost purple tone look know what I mean?

What I am thinking will need to be done is this and was thinking its a better idea to have the same bodyshop do everything.

-remove doors hinges (need a master welder I guess?)
- fill drilled holes for wing / install new wing (still looking on style might stay with DoLuck wing?)
-install widebody kit
-I will need hood, front/rear fenders,hatch, F and R bumper and side skirts painted (everything but doors and roof this is why I was saying paing the whole car)
-tons of clear coat LOL

when the time comes I will hook up with you and jason on those wheels
Old 11-01-2006 | 05:52 PM
slow_spool

Congrats man, I think you should order some new wheels to go with that sweet wide body kit. Def a -10 offset in the rear. hehe BTW how much do you want for your Volks? Let me know buddy
Old 11-02-2006 | 07:38 AM
PumpedVA

sucks volk does not make 11" rears and after look thought the wheels I can get in 19/11 I just cant seem to find something that catchs my eye. I was thinking about going DoLuck wheels but they only come in 18
Old 11-02-2006 | 10:51 AM
gringott

Doluck has, imo, the most original fenders out there. Good choice, they should look great.
Old 11-02-2006 | 05:19 PM
BamBam

Congrats Toby..sounds like you got some serious plans for the car... Good luck man
--B
Old 11-02-2006 | 05:40 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Toby if you dont mind a little drive for quality work.

Nansemond Auto Body Incorporated
5477 Nansemond Pkwy
Suffolk, VA 23435View Map

They specialize in classic and show cars. Excellent work and very reasonable. They have won many awards local and national for their paint and body work with different orginizations. I had my front fascia and hood painted by them.
Old 11-02-2006 | 05:46 PM
J-Dawg

After days I mean DAYS of emails to diffrent vendors I found those DoLuck fenders. happy happy !! Had to order direct from japan so OMG shipping sucks!!

Widebody here I come. Now just need new wheels in a +15 front and -5 rear offset . wonder if I could just sway my rears to the front and add a 20mm spacer?

TOBY, Congrats man. I tried to locate some for you like I said I would but my POC at DO-Luck is no longer there. I am happy to see that you found some.

Dude I know you love the blue but a custom color would put you over the top. I can prolly recommend a few places but it costs quite a bit. My first recommendation would be Gary Best Customs in Waldorf MD. Some of the most beautiful paint I have seen!!! Cant wait to see it when its done.

Quick Reply: I found them FINALLY! FENDERS