Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Bugs and Snakes, Snakes and Bugs..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:54 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bugs and Snakes, Snakes and Bugs..

Since Juan posted up his hot *** CTS-V, I figured I'd show off the new ride...Do I know how to accessorize or what?

425 BHP, 20" wheels, 6.1 liter V-8....Straight YELLOW!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Nihilation

Bumble bee convention?

There's more hp in your two cars than some manufacturer's have in their entire model line-up combined.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeeeeeeeeeez kelly stop making me so jealous
Old 02-26-2007, 08:32 PM
widebody350

Nice cars Kelly. The other day I saw a red version of your Charger with black spokes w/ a red lip and about a 5% tint. It looked sick.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:42 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by widebody350
Nice cars Kelly. The other day I saw a red version of your Charger with black spokes w/ a red lip and about a 5% tint. It looked sick.
Thanks Ian. The one you saw, was it an SRT8?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:46 PM
widebody350

It might have been. To be honest it was moving and hard to really tell. I think yours is much more tasteful but that car did look pretty bad*ss. Also, are you on viperclubofamerica.com? It won't let me sign up with a hotmail e-mail or something. I'm trying to start doing some research so I can join you in the Viper ranks.--Not looking to get a limited edition like yours though b/c that would cut into money for mods and I will mod which will de-value the car anyways.

Last edited by widebody350; 02-26-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 PM
kcobean

It might have been. To be honest it was moving and hard to really tell. I think yours is much more tasteful but that car did look pretty bad*ss. Also, are you on viperclubofamerica.com? It won't let me sign up with a hotmail e-mail or something. I'm trying to start doing some research so I can join you in the Viper ranks.--Not looking to get a limited edition like yours though b/c that would cut into money for mods and I will mod which will de-value the car anyways.
The site you want is viperclub.org. That's the national site. I'm a moderator there too. . You gotta sign up with a non-free (hotmail/yahoo, etc) email account (like the one you get via your ISP or something) if I recall correctly. If you need one, let me know...I run a cool mail server.

The prices on Vipers seem to really be down right now. It's a great time to buy. Let me know if you need any help in that process as well.

Kelly
Old 02-26-2007, 09:08 PM
widebody350

Thank you very much. I wish I was in the position to buy right now. I'm hoping within the next 6 months or so to be able to get one. Some of my buddies are pushing me towards putting a down payment on a GTR or going with a used NSX but I'm pretty sure it's the Viper or a used 348(I'm doubtful due to maint.).
Old 02-26-2007, 10:09 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you very much. I wish I was in the position to buy right now. I'm hoping within the next 6 months or so to be able to get one. Some of my buddies are pushing me towards putting a down payment on a GTR or going with a used NSX but I'm pretty sure it's the Viper or a used 348(I'm doubtful due to maint.).
I'm not trying to be a "hater", but at your age, how can you afford any of these cars? Did I miss the memo on striking oil at a young age?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:38 PM
widebody350

lol not hating at all man...I financed the Z(no money down) in TX while visiting my Grandparents and the next morning I woke up with the title in my hand(my Grandmother went back and wrote a check for it and I know I'm lucky and appreciate my car a lot). I had money from working and playing soccer(my coach paid myself and another member of the team) then my parents hooked me up with some money since they didn't have to help buy me a car or (had scholarship offers for soccer as well). I took that money plus the money I had saved up and invested in a friend (I've known since I was born, so I trusted him) to start up a company setting up networks and selling computer stuff for/to big companies/businesses. One of my Father's friends is a stock broker and money was put into stock in my name so I see the benefit(depending on the market) of that but have no control over it.
I'm a modest person though. I think we've met at a chic-a-filet meet when I was driving a Cobra and I don't think that I act like a young *sshole who tries to flaunt my car or anything like that. I try to be humble and modest because otherwise I know that it is very easy for someone to percieve myself as someone who needs to get their *ss kicked. If I ever do act like an *ss please let me know because I certainly don't want to come off like that.
Sorry for the long story but just wanted to explain a good portion of it. Hating would have been jumping on my *ss or telling me that I don't deserve it or something else along those lines. Some people probably don't feel that I deserve my Z and that is fine, it is your opinion, you are entitled to it, but I did finance it at first, with the intention of paying it off myself, but when a title was handed to me, should I have refused it? I didn't and I doubt anyone else would have either.

Last edited by widebody350; 02-26-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:22 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
I'm not trying to be a "hater", but at your age, how can you afford any of these cars? Did I miss the memo on striking oil at a young age?
Admit it! You're just jealous!

But darn, I wish I had a Z when I was 18 or 19 oh so long ago! widebody, you say you appreciate your Z... so why are you looking at a new car in 6 months? After all that work you did to it, I would have thought you'd keep it forever.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:18 AM
valdeztke

Wow - very nice Kelly.

Wait till I have my C6 Z06 lined up next to my supercharged CTS-V

There is one thing I think I would change on the Charger. I would lose the rear quarter panel vinyls and just do the standard dual black racing stripe.

Well def have to take our overweight overtorque sedans to the track this summer when this baby Z guys are up to it
Old 02-27-2007, 02:26 AM
LvntheZ

i wish one day i can buy whatever the hell i want
Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 AM
q8z

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccccck
Old 02-27-2007, 04:08 AM
Hot Cu
SlammednFlush

All I have to say Kelly is that is absolutely awesome!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:58 AM
widebody350

Originally Posted by abui01
Admit it! You're just jealous!

But darn, I wish I had a Z when I was 18 or 19 oh so long ago! widebody, you say you appreciate your Z... so why are you looking at a new car in 6 months? After all that work you did to it, I would have thought you'd keep it forever.
Just like all that was said in Toby's thread about possibly selling his. All of the headache and everything just gets to you and when you've been w/o your car for so long you just kind of loose interest. As well, when I was supposed to get the Targa top I got really hyped up for it and then it never happened which was a bummer. I'm starting to get really excited about my car again because it's getting so close to being finished. I think the finished product with some boost will be able to keep me in the Z for a little while longer. Any of the other cars that I'm thinking about are very hard to resist, especially the Viper because of the bang for the buck. The Viper's bang for buck is also ideal when you get to the F/I as well. With Heffner's basic kit you are looking at about 720rwhp and 670rwt and that runs about 16Gs which isn't far off(price wise) from what people with a built motor+F/I are looking at in a Z.-That's hard to resist.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 AM
spacemn_spiff

Congrats Kelly, well done !!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:32 AM
mdracer76
Banned

"You can have any color you want,... as long as its Yellow" -->

I'd race ya' but I think yer'yeller'

Congrats Kelly.. damn thats a nice new beast!
Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 AM
kcobean

Thanks guys. The difference between the Charger and the Viper is HUGE. The Charger is disappointingly quiet for a 6.1 liter V8, so some exhaust mods will eventually come to fix that. The Charger feels absolutely massive inside with a dash about 2-feet deep, back seats big enough for an average sized adult (I have leg room back there, but not near enough headroom at 6'4") and a trunk big enough to hold at least 3 of Mike's girlfriends....maybe 4.

It's only available with the "auto-stick" 5-speed AT. It takes some getting used to, but it shifts really quick and is quite intelligent. For a 4000+ pound sedan, the suspension is really good...very little body roll, enough feedback to feel connected to the road, and the 20" low profile tires prevent that "mushy feeling" you get from too much sidewall.

At WOT (which I've only done a couple of times because it's still breaking in), this thing really wakes up. The steady torque combined with the quick shifting tranny will put the car over 100 MPH faster than you can say "was that a cop?". The brembos have probably already prevented their first accident before I even bought the car. Out on the test drive, there was a car stalled on the rt-15 entrance ramp (which I was rounding at a good clip), and I hit the brakes hard enough to activate ABS. The salesman will never be the same.

All in all, it's just a really fun family hauler, which is what I really wanted/needed to play backup to the Navigator. It's got all the bells and whistles inside...blue-tooth, NAV, dual-climate control, heated seats, Sirius, in-dash 6-disc changer, kicker sub in the trunk, etc.

And with every SRT purchase comes a free attendance at the SRT Track Experience. A travelling event where you get to go flog the entire SRT lineup of vehicles from the Neon SRT4 to the Viper SRT10. The event is actually at Summit Point March 10th, so I think I might go.

I'll bring this thing out to CFA Fridays once the weather warms up, if I can bring myself to leave the Viper at home on a nice Spring night...
Old 02-27-2007, 07:38 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should've worn black jeans in this picture to complete the look

Quick Reply: Bugs and Snakes, Snakes and Bugs..