Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Summer Tint SPECIAL!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007 | 07:29 AM
Bill_the_Cat
One Whacked Cat

Default Got her done!

Cut out of work early yesterday and got hooked up! Doug and the guys did a wonderful job. Thanks to FDI for a clean job, and Robbie, the Driven1, for all of your help/info. If you are on the fence, just get off and do it.

No pics yet as the tint is still drying out. The Z looked darn good this morning though.
Old 04-08-2007 | 11:57 AM
Fo350z

Sweet. I need to get my windows tinted, in fact thats what I was just checking the boards for - recommended places!

So do we need to make an appointment, or can we just drop by? How much time does it take to get it done on a Z, roughly? (I can stop by before or after work, just need to schedule the right amount give or take).

Edit: Also, should we do anything special to the windows before coming? i.e. Clean them, etc, or do you guys do that before putting the tint on?
Old 04-08-2007 | 12:29 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Fo350z
Sweet. I need to get my windows tinted, in fact thats what I was just checking the boards for - recommended places!

So do we need to make an appointment, or can we just drop by? How much time does it take to get it done on a Z, roughly? (I can stop by before or after work, just need to schedule the right amount give or take).

Edit: Also, should we do anything special to the windows before coming? i.e. Clean them, etc, or do you guys do that before putting the tint on?

We operate on first come first serve, so it's whenever you can come by.Just remember we are a busy shop and a call fist would probably be your best bet if you need to try and come in on an afternoon. The best bet is to be there early so you can be in and out (as long as noone beats you there, lol).

We clean the windows so don't worry about it. To do a Z it can take anywhere from 20 mins. to over an hour depending how many people are working on it and where you are in line. We can give pretty accurate estimates when you arrive. You can also drop it off with us as well, and we'll call you when its done, so you can go grab something to eat or whatnot.
Old 04-08-2007 | 03:16 PM
Integrity
Banned

I've had two cars tinted at FreshDesigns. The quality of there work speaks for itself. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to get any kind of tint work done.
Old 04-08-2007 | 04:45 PM
Fo350z

Driven1, thanks for the quick reply! Now I just have to decide what % I want I suppose. So it's $130 for all windows but the windshield?

4Shizzil, what % tint is that?

Last edited by Fo350z; 04-08-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-08-2007 | 05:54 PM
Driven1
Professional

Yup $130 for all the windows except anything on the windshield. The only thing we don't offer for that price is the colors, mirror tint, and 5% (other than that, your choice and you can mix and match if you prefer). None of which we would recommend anyways. And 4Shizzle went with a 45% Bronze.
Old 04-08-2007 | 06:10 PM
Fo350z

Robbie can you explain to me what you mean by 'Bronze'? Is the color actually bronze and I'm just not seeing it? Or is that a style of darkness? Please forgive my noobness when it comes to tint.

Basically what I'm looking for is to have a nice darkish tint that will look appropriate with my car color (silverstone), but not so dark that I'd constantly get pulled over for it.

~ Tim
Old 04-09-2007 | 04:34 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Fo350z
Robbie can you explain to me what you mean by 'Bronze'? Is the color actually bronze and I'm just not seeing it? Or is that a style of darkness? Please forgive my noobness when it comes to tint.

Basically what I'm looking for is to have a nice darkish tint that will look appropriate with my car color (silverstone), but not so dark that I'd constantly get pulled over for it.

~ Tim

Bronze is alot more brown in color and goes very well with Pearl Whites and tans. We have plenty of stuff for you to choose from. We also carry Charcoal as well as smoke. Don't worry, we'll make that decision for you, you just choose the shade (i.e. %).

Typically we don't even say anything about whether the person wants Charcoal or Smoke unless they specifically ask about it. To the avg. person, unless you saw them right next to each other, you'd never be able to tell the difference most likely. Yes one is more brown than the other, but to the avg. person its unnoticable. Typically we just choose what is appropriate for the applicable car. Different cars have different colors tinted into their glass from the factory and we just choose based off of what will look the best and not clash. Say for instance we tint a Mercedes. Those have ALOT of green in the factory glass so we'll use a smoke to try and make that go away and blend it better. If we were to use a Charcoal (depending on the shade) it will look a brownish green, and just not flow with the color. We take ALOT of things into factor such as color of interior, color of car, and purpose for the tint (i.e increase the look of the car or privacy for the person).
Old 04-09-2007 | 06:33 AM
Black Duck

I got my Z done last Friday. Got there early as suggested by Robbie and my car was done quickly. The windows look great - I highly recommend Freshdesigns. Thankyou to Doug and the guys there. Also, Robbie has been really helpful answering all my questions (even the stupid ones!!).
Old 04-14-2007 | 12:21 PM
sg227

My brother has a Mazda RX-8, how much would that be?

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2007 | 12:41 PM
SekZee

how much for a 2 door VW Golf?
Old 04-14-2007 | 01:00 PM
Morningglorie

Can anyone else post some pics? What would you recommend for a Redline?

Visibility out the back of a roadster is tricky as is; would a tint make it even more difficult?

You can tell I'm new to this idea. ;-)
Old 04-14-2007 | 02:00 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by Morningglorie
Can anyone else post some pics? What would you recommend for a Redline?

Visibility out the back of a roadster is tricky as is; would a tint make it even more difficult?

You can tell I'm new to this idea. ;-)
I have 35% on the sides and back. Day visibility remains the same night visibility IMO is better. My reason being, the glare from other cars in the side view mirror is dulled and not as bright. You be fine with a modest tint.
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:06 AM
Driven1
Professional

How about a bump from the the dead! Still running the specials for you guys.
Old 09-18-2007 | 06:59 PM
Nowell
National Z Club

Ill say it again, you guys so need to do this. Im not bucking it because im sponsored by them. The fact of the matter is, its a LIFETIME guarantee!! How can you go wrong with that!!
Old 09-19-2007 | 04:31 AM
r0csfinest

Originally Posted by Nowell
Ill say it again, you guys so need to do this. Im not bucking it because im sponsored by them. The fact of the matter is, its a LIFETIME guarantee!! How can you go wrong with that!!

YUP! Everyone I know has gotten their tint there. A+
Old 09-19-2007 | 05:00 AM
TENGAI

Hands down, Rob's shop does the best tint work around. Fresh Designs FTMFW...
Old 09-19-2007 | 06:28 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

I'm gonna check them out my tint is starting to peel and looks like crap
Old 09-19-2007 | 07:39 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
I'm gonna check them out my tint is starting to peel and looks like crap

Uh, oh. Peeling tint FTL. If you don't have a warranty on it then Im gonna suggest you take it off yourself (the best you can) and then come to us. The reason being is you don't want to know how much it is to remove it. If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM and Ill help you out.

Robbie
Old 02-15-2008 | 09:44 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Bump for pricing on a BMW 3 series coupe.

Quick Reply: Summer Tint SPECIAL!