Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Wheel shops & detailing in Hampton Roads

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Cube

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel shops & detailing in Hampton Roads

When searching, no real replies were made when this question was asked.

Where's the best place that'll guarantee your rims don't get damaged during tire installations, whether low-pro or not, in the Hampton Roads area?

Best that anyone could come up with was Wheel Doctor in VA Beach that nobody could get a hold of, and some guy out of Millenium Autosports in Norfolk that repairs rims. No real experiences or recommendations given.

Also, no word on a good quality detailer in the area either. Some of us (as stated in another post) don't have experience with a buffer and can't get minor scratches out without ruining the paint on that body piece.

So, can we finally get some answers? There's got to be someone around that has gotten tires put on their rims and had a good experience, or had some flawless detail job done without having to go up to the DC area?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:13 AM
kyleturner

I'm looking for a quality hand washing/detailing place as well.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Bucknastys'Z

For your rims goto the nissan dealership in Chesespeke hall nissan ask for Dave he does my 19in Volk and does a perfect job each time on both sets. On the cleaning of your car I wouldn't trust to many people around here if you don't mind the drive up to sterling one guy on the boards here is a rep for meguires and does a spectacular job. Or if you want I have all the tools for what your looking for and can give you a hand just hit me up if you would like.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:27 PM
bigrobg757

Rims I john at Jand M tire on little creek. He does all my rim work my 20s and 19s. Also the price is always right
Old 05-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Zincognito

i hate to say it but i would stay clear of Millenium........
Old 05-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Chugg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want some one to clean your car and detail it...go to shine car shine its in va beach in the kempsville area, they do great work and if you go on Saturdays ask if john can clean your car his passion is to clean cars at his dads shop and spends hours and hours because he loves it, he cleaned my sisters car with a q-tip to get all the cracks.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Cube

Originally Posted by Chugg
ask if john can clean your car his passion is to clean cars at his dads shop and spends hours and hours because he loves it, he cleaned my sisters car with a q-tip to get all the cracks.
Wow... that's... borderline scary... does he like to use Zaino?

I've never used Zaino, just some of their European counterparts, but I always liked the mirror-like look of Zaino over the glossy/wet look of the products I use. There seems to be a distinct difference between the two, but maybe, just maybe, I can put my stuff on over the Zaino to get both looks (I've seen plenty of Zaino jobs that don't look glossy, they just end up looking like a mirror... which is nice in itself don't get me wrong).

Thanks for the info guys, glad this didn't just dissapear like most of the other threads created about these 2 things on this forum.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:11 AM
zdatsun

Call Joe's tire in VA Beach. Have had a few sets of wheels installed (custom) with no scratches or problems. CAll 623- TIRE and talk to Billy (owner), he will make sure you're treated right....... As far as detailing shops, can't help you.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Zincognito

hey now, i use Zaino.........FTMFW!!!
stop by if you ever wanna get Zaino lessons...lol.

Originally Posted by Cube
Wow... that's... borderline scary... does he like to use Zaino?

I've never used Zaino, just some of their European counterparts, but I always liked the mirror-like look of Zaino over the glossy/wet look of the products I use. There seems to be a distinct difference between the two, but maybe, just maybe, I can put my stuff on over the Zaino to get both looks (I've seen plenty of Zaino jobs that don't look glossy, they just end up looking like a mirror... which is nice in itself don't get me wrong).

Thanks for the info guys, glad this didn't just dissapear like most of the other threads created about these 2 things on this forum.