Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Looking For Meet Location

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007 | 06:32 AM
Kempo98

Default Looking For Meet Location

I am in the process of locating a place to hold a meet on the level of the U of MD car meet held this year. I have the infrastructure ready but have yet to secure a place. The meet would be in conjunction with a charity drive for a local food bank and the Brave Dave organization.

I would like to hold the event on a Saturday during the month of September. I have been in contact with Fed Ex Field, Camden Yards and the Bowie Baysox stadium. Either I couldn't get a primary date with a rain date or the rental fee was too high with food vendor restrictions attached. The Baysox location is still in negotiations but I would like to have a backup in case this falls through.

If anyone knows a place please let me know. I would like to make this an annual event.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2007 | 06:50 AM
4SHIZZIL

I wonder if you could rent out a park and ride lot...they are rarely used on weekends...There is one behind AOL, that is out of the "main stream" eyesight, yet not too hard to find. Looking at a Map it is located south and west of the AOL campus in Dulles...exit Old Ox West off of Route 28....the park and ride lot is about 3-4 lights down on the right....you have to take a right onto road X before you can see the lot on the left.
Old 07-09-2007 | 06:53 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
I wonder if you could rent out a park and ride lot...they are rarely used on weekends...There is one behind AOL, that is out of the "main stream" eyesight, yet not too hard to find. Looking at a Map it is located south and west of the AOL campus in Dulles...exit Old Ox West off of Route 28....the park and ride lot is about 3-4 lights down on the right....you have to take a right onto road X before you can see the lot on the left.
You know an awful lot about AOL, spy? Or are you still stalking me! I know you want this but you can't have it!
Old 07-10-2007 | 02:09 PM
4SHIZZIL

Default I used to work for AOL

Originally Posted by Nowell
You know an awful lot about AOL, spy? Or are you still stalking me! I know you want this but you can't have it!
I was part of the development team for the new secure messenger that is coming out lol.

No stalking here..... I have hit my fair share of deer back there too....doh!
Old 07-10-2007 | 02:57 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman
Premier Member

anything since aim triton inclusive sucks!
Old 07-16-2007 | 08:27 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Bump-no more ideas guys?
Old 07-16-2007 | 09:12 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Out of ideas now for sure!!!!

Originally Posted by Alberto
Bump-no more ideas guys?
I did an Autocross on Sat at Ripkin Stadium....I am sure as long as there is no racing events....just parking and vendors....it should be all good.

I also attend Mclean Bible Church in Mclean, VA (tysons corner basically) and they have a huge parking dec...only thing is..services are on Friday evening, saturday evenings, and all day sunday.

Saturday morning should be OK, however it is a church so you can forget about have half naked girls walking around.

Also, old airports have plenty of space. Most industrail buildings are closed on weekends. Again as long as cars are stationary everything is cool.

I looked at renting some space with another guy from AOL, not NOWELL, lol last summmer near the Lifetime fitness center at Route 28 and rout 29....there were cool with it however it conflicted with a drive in movie thing that they put on during the summer. Parking lot will hold about 400 cars...its not lifetime fitness its the office space across the street. Its sort of behind the "fast eddies" bar and grill.

there are also plenty of closed down Chucky cheeses and bowling alleys....

Most highschools will rent space also.... Manassas Highschool had an autoX event two saturdays ago.... I would look at the autox link, then contact the folks there. cant be too much just to set up and hang out for a bit?

ok my red bull rush has ended...catch you next can....lol.

Hey maybe ask Dave at functionT...The main set up could be near his place..and the roads are all public around that area, so we could all pimp park at an angle along that street for about a half mile all the way around the block. Its not a central parking, but central location to chill.

my two times two cents.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 07-16-2007 at 09:15 AM.