Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

I got rejected

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:34 AM
tmounk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I got rejected

My wife took the 97 accord to get the safety inspection done and I totally forgot that I never had that car inspected "legit". Well, he said that the car was too low, the rear suspension was to stiff, all my turning signals needs to be amber and the brake lights on the spoiler is not working.

My question is: Can I take my car to another shop that would basically just give me a sticker without inspection?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:35 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

Originally Posted by tmounk
My wife took the 97 accord to get the safety inspection done and I totally forgot that I never had that car inspected "legit". Well, he said that the car was too low, the rear suspension was to stiff, all my turning signals needs to be amber and the brake lights on the spoiler is not working.

My question is: Can I take my car to another shop that would basically just give me a sticker without inspection?

you gotta know someone for that-best thing is to fix the lights,and take it to a "Back yard Bob" kinda place
Old 02-13-2008, 06:40 AM
rkemp1

I would tell you to go to my freind's shop but just realized your in VA
Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 AM
skr00ball

That's a big reason I got rid of my 93 Accord, it was gonna be too much of a pain in the @ss
Old 02-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In MD most pass anything inspections are $250-300, but dont ask me how I know that. Start looking around....
Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 AM
tmounk

I spoke to my mechanic who always does my inspections, I mean always passes me, and he said that it might be hard for him to do it now since they already rejected it. Once it is rejected the a-hole would put the VIN number and plates in the DMV database in case I get pulled over during the grace period.

The thing that pisses me off about this is that he's a rice hater, "It's too low and stiff, so the shocks needs to be replaced, put back on the original wheels and tires, and the brake lights on the spoiler...." Give me a freakin break red neck, I'll buy a spoiler with no LEDs, then what.

Just venting, I've never had someone hate on my car soo bad. I just got an alignment done a PTunning last week and a new boot installed. Since then, the car drives great. I take great care of my cars and I invest alot of time and money in the best parts and lubes to retain the quality of the car and for some punk bastard to sh-t on it, really fires me up.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Driven1
Professional

If you're near function tuned at all there is a place next door to them that has been great with inspections for a few guys. They don't really take bs and wont necessarily pass anything but they are honest and forgiving for the most part.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:50 AM
tmounk

Originally Posted by Driven1
If you're near function tuned at all there is a place next door to them that has been great with inspections for a few guys. They don't really take bs and wont necessarily pass anything but they are honest and forgiving for the most part.
Thanks, if I can't go through my mechanic, I'll definately check them out.