Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Import vs Domestic, Budds Creek, MD, Sunday, November 9

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008 | 06:38 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Overslept

Getting ready to drive down there as I type.
Old 11-09-2008 | 09:01 PM
davidv

It was a long day. I am dead tired.

I was surprised with the 350Z racing turnout. At least 6 350ZS raced. Some class racing. Others bracket racing.

Several members did well. I am sure they will post results once they get some sleep.

I had a difficult time with my new clutch-flywheel. I think it wall take me a couple of times racing to figure it out.
Old 11-10-2008 | 05:19 AM
bigcloud

David I was there as well. I met PolarbearPPW and redline design. Which Z were you? Every time a Z came up to the starting line I jumped up and was yelling lol. I was shocked just like you at the Z turn out. I wish we had the turnout that the civics had...lol. There was a black Z that was pretty fast there was that you? It was a good turnout and I must say the bikini contest was pretty good!!! The winner just made my jaw drop. Even the maxima's made a respectable showing as well.
Old 11-10-2008 | 06:21 AM
ajcool2

Originally Posted by bigcloud
David I was there as well. I met PolarbearPPW and redline design. Which Z were you? Every time a Z came up to the starting line I jumped up and was yelling lol. I was shocked just like you at the Z turn out. I wish we had the turnout that the civics had...lol. There was a black Z that was pretty fast there was that you? It was a good turnout and I must say the bikini contest was pretty good!!! The winner just made my jaw drop. Even the maxima's made a respectable showing as well.
That was me with the black Z. I placed number 5 in the street stock class and beat a 2004 M3, S2000, and another Z in the process. All of my maxima friends made it to the quick 16 and my friends blue max ended up eliminating me in the quick 8 round. I got a new PB of 13.51@102. I had alot of fun and accomplished what I went to do so I'm happy. I even won $25 which went right into the gas tank haha. Nice finally meeting you DavidV. It sucks you couldnt have made it further. It felt lonely being the only Z.
Old 11-10-2008 | 06:25 AM
dcmaxclub

Yeah it was a fun time. Pretty cool seeing the 180+ mph cars running.

I think AJcool was the black Z?

The bikini contest was so-so. There were a couple of nice ones but the majority were bleh.

I mean, I fapped, but there was no joy in it.
Old 11-10-2008 | 06:37 AM
davidv

Originally Posted by bigcloud
I wish. That was ajcool2. I wanted to let him toot is own horn.

And yes the Maxima performance was another pleasant surprise in Street Stock.
Old 11-10-2008 | 06:42 AM
dcmaxclub

well then again, the winner was pretty good

crappy cell phone pics, but until someone chimes in with the real pics:

A Z that nearly ran us down when we were walking

Old 11-10-2008 | 06:43 AM
davidv

Originally Posted by ajcool2
That was me with the black Z. I placed number 5 in the street stock class and beat a 2004 M3, S2000, and another Z in the process. All of my maxima friends made it to the quick 16 and my friends blue max ended up eliminating me in the quick 8 round. I got a new PB of 13.51@102. I had alot of fun and accomplished what I went to do so I'm happy. I even won $25 which went right into the gas tank haha. Nice finally meeting you DavidV. It sucks you couldnt have made it further. It felt lonely being the only Z.
You did well. I knew when they matched you against the Maxima that that was you buddy. LOL.

When you got bumped from Street Stock did you run ET?
Old 11-10-2008 | 06:43 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

I had a blast. I wish I would have gone later though as the finals started around 6pm. By 5 I was too tired to wait out for them. I agree with the rest of the field in the bikini contest being so so, but the top 4 and a few others were smoking hot. Will post pictures of top 4 later today. The 7 second viper made my jaw drop and the work van beating the civic made me lol.
Old 11-10-2008 | 06:52 AM
dcmaxclub

Originally Posted by gmueip
I had a blast. I wish I would have gone later though as the finals started around 6pm. By 5 I was too tired to wait out for them. I agree with the rest of the field in the bikini contest being so so, but the top 4 and a few others were smoking hot. Will post pictures of top 4 later today. The 7 second viper made my jaw drop and the work van beating the civic made me lol.
Yeah that viper was insane

and this mustang was nuts also

oh and one last pic from the burnout contest

I felt a little bad for the girls that got boo'd
Old 11-10-2008 | 06:52 AM
ajcool2

Originally Posted by davidv
You did well. I knew when they matched you against the Maxima that that was you buddy. LOL.

When you got bumped from Street Stock did you run ET?
Yeah the worst part about losing to him is that he broke at the end and I started gaining on him. No I didnt run ET. I decided to sit back and enjoy the rest of the races.
Old 11-10-2008 | 06:54 AM
ajcool2

That twin turbo viper was insane!!
Old 11-10-2008 | 07:17 AM
bigcloud

Yeah I went up and looked at that viper and I couldn't see the T88 Snails that they said it was running. That completely emissions legal stock block twin turbo viper was insane.

I was at the huge clutchmasters trailer if anybody remembers it.

I walked right by that blue Z as we were leaving the event.

David all of the Z's ran really well. I wish I could have ran as well.

ajcool2 congrats man!!!!
Old 11-10-2008 | 07:19 AM
PolarBearppw
Just a radiator

I haven't seen MIR that packed in quite a while. Saw Davidv and Ajcool2 running down the track a few times. I walked around in the pits for a bit looking for people I knew but unfortunately didn't see anyone. Met Bigcloud just as I was getting ready to leave. My track day didn't go nearly as well as I'd hoped it would and may have convinced me to just enjoy my car off the track every now and then.
Old 11-10-2008 | 08:10 AM
davidv

Originally Posted by PolarBearppw
I haven't seen MIR that packed in quite a while. Saw Davidv and Ajcool2 running down the track a few times. I walked around in the pits for a bit looking for people I knew but unfortunately didn't see anyone. Met Bigcloud just as I was getting ready to leave. My track day didn't go nearly as well as I'd hoped it would and may have convinced me to just enjoy my car off the track every now and then.
I saw your car parked but must have missed you.

You must have a tolerance for teenage foolishness to race Import Domestic Day.

I pitted my car and removed the spare tire. Each time I returned from a run my pit spot was taken by a ET16 ricer. I was so pissed I could have killed someone.

The pit area was crowded to be expected. But about a third of the pitted cars were spectators (no numbers). What the hell were spectator cars doing in the pits?

The staging lanes were crazy. 100 staged cars is OK but there were 500 fan boys roaming. And the punk fan boys would not get out of the way so you could move your car forward.

“Courtesy staging” was beyond the grasp of the ricers.
Old 11-10-2008 | 08:20 AM
ajcool2

Did anybody get any pics of my car? I left both my cameras home.
Old 11-10-2008 | 08:39 AM
PolarBearppw
Just a radiator

Originally Posted by davidv
I saw your car parked but must have missed you.

You must have a tolerance for teenage foolishness to race Import Domestic Day.
Yeah for some reason I thought it'd be a good idea to run a TT z on street tires at that busy of an event.
Old 11-10-2008 | 10:21 AM
RedlineDesign
DO WORK!

That is probably one of MIRs biggest events, always a goat screw, always packed, always crowded but always good racing. Did anyone see the clutch masters car do the endo on the track. That was amazing. It was nice meeting you bigcloud and I saw PolarBearppw, but didnt get a chance to say hey. Either way it was a long day, but had a good time. I'll try and have my pics up tonight.
Old 11-10-2008 | 11:20 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Originally Posted by dcmaxclub
I felt a little bad for the girls that got boo'd
Yeah, and some of the comments people were making were downright rude . If you don't like a contestant, than don't cheer for her, don't sit there and rudely insult them. At least they got up there (Eventhough some of them should have never made it up there after seeing what they were up against)
Old 11-10-2008 | 11:35 AM
ajcool2

Yeah I left early in the bikini contest. I was tired of the skinny little girls.

Last edited by ajcool2; 11-10-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Import vs Domestic, Budds Creek, MD, Sunday, November 9