Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Going to Japan in March and Hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 PM
vtchang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going to Japan in March and Hello

I don't believe I ever got to introduce myself to the Mid-A's. With that being said, I want to officially say Hello, my name is Ray. I've been lurking the forums for a few months and enjoyed reading a lot of stories shared by both the community as a whole and more specifically the Mid-A crew.

A little about myself. I grew up in Falls Church and made my way to Vienna where I attended Marshall High and eventually attended Virginia Tech. I graduated almost two years ago with a BS in CpE and started to work for VeriSign.

While I haven't met anybody in person, i've seen most of the area's G's and Z's (bb1314 being one of the most ridiculously riced out Z imo). I hope to make it out to one of the meets to share the love for our cars. Winter time has kept my Z garaged so you may see me in a two blue toned Jeep Cherokee for the next few months.

So Japan, a few college friends and I are going to Japan for a week to party it up. Not knowing a lick of Japanese or what else to do in Japan other than go to the clubs and fuji international raceway, i look to you guys to help aid my adventure. Has anybody been to Japan recently? If so, what is there to do there? Are aftermarket parts there any cheaper? I want to pick up a nice pair of shoes but have no idea where to go.

Help.

-Ray
Old 01-07-2009, 04:45 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by vtchang
I don't believe I ever got to introduce myself to the Mid-A's. With that being said, I want to officially say Hello, my name is Ray. I've been lurking the forums for a few months and enjoyed reading a lot of stories shared by both the community as a whole and more specifically the Mid-A crew.

A little about myself. I grew up in Falls Church and made my way to Vienna where I attended Marshall High and eventually attended Virginia Tech. I graduated almost two years ago with a BS in CpE and started to work for VeriSign.

While I haven't met anybody in person, i've seen most of the area's G's and Z's (bb1314 being one of the most ridiculously riced out Z imo). I hope to make it out to one of the meets to share the love for our cars. Winter time has kept my Z garaged so you may see me in a two blue toned Jeep Cherokee for the next few months.

So Japan, a few college friends and I are going to Japan for a week to party it up. Not knowing a lick of Japanese or what else to do in Japan other than go to the clubs and fuji international raceway, i look to you guys to help aid my adventure. Has anybody been to Japan recently? If so, what is there to do there? Are aftermarket parts there any cheaper? I want to pick up a nice pair of shoes but have no idea where to go.

Help.

-Ray
LOL thanks for the "compliment"! Have we met? BTW I used to live in the apartments right behind Marshall High School! That place was NOT ghetto compared to where I grew up...
Old 01-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome, Ray! Any pics of your Z?
Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude dont leave the house until about 1am.... no one goes anywhere before then. so if you show up at midnight...grab some coffe....they will come.

best thing to do is try to get on Facebook or some internet site and make friends with a cool local person in Japan...hopefully a chic. lol

take your wallet too.. a cheeseburger value meal at McDs is like 11 bucks and beers are a whopping 8-12 bucks... i got hendog and coke at the club and it was $18.50! Not to mention the 50 dollar cover charge just to get in.

but after my 200 night at the club...

The memories that happened after... can never be repeated... it was worth every cent.

oh and WELCOME to the craziest section of my350z. dont forget about G35driver... Nation G Club is where all the local Gs such as myself post.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:44 AM
vtchang

Originally Posted by bb1314
LOL thanks for the "compliment"! Have we met? BTW I used to live in the apartments right behind Marshall High School! That place was NOT ghetto compared to where I grew up...
No, we haven't met. I've only seen your car around the fair oaks area and once again on rt 50 in 7 corners.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 AM
vtchang

Originally Posted by Clipdin
Welcome, Ray! Any pics of your Z?
I have two albums on facebook, look me up "Ray yu Chang". my profile picture is of a monster.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:54 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

No, we haven't met. I've only seen your car around the fair oaks area and once again on rt 50 in 7 corners.
I'm officially stalked! LOL.. JK JK! Too bad I don't live in NOVA anymore. I don't even recall myself going to those places. This is truly random.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 AM
vtchang

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
Dude dont leave the house until about 1am.... no one goes anywhere before then. so if you show up at midnight...grab some coffe....they will come.

best thing to do is try to get on Facebook or some internet site and make friends with a cool local person in Japan...hopefully a chic. lol

take your wallet too.. a cheeseburger value meal at McDs is like 11 bucks and beers are a whopping 8-12 bucks... i got hendog and coke at the club and it was $18.50! Not to mention the 50 dollar cover charge just to get in.

but after my 200 night at the club...

The memories that happened after... can never be repeated... it was worth every cent.

oh and WELCOME to the craziest section of my350z. dont forget about G35driver... Nation G Club is where all the local Gs such as myself post.
Thanks for all the advise. I'll start facebook stalking Japanese people today.

I figured food would cost a lot, which is why I plan on eating a lot of ramen. Thank god I am a light weight so alcohol won't hurt me too bad @ the club.

Funny you mention the National G Club, Im sure you know lek if you're apart of the club, as I am a friend of a friend.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 AM
vtchang

I'm officially stalked! LOL.. JK JK! Too bad I don't live in NOVA anymore. I don't even recall myself going to those places. This is truly random.
Comes with having a ridiculous car. But im sure you already knew that.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:04 AM
abui01

If you're in Japan, make sure to rent a car and visit Mt. Akina. I heard the tofu shops are pretty good in the area and you can even have them delivered to you.

Ethan has a ridiculously... LOUD car
Old 01-07-2009, 08:10 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Can you please take Robbie(Driven1) with you because he farted on me while I was laying down now I smell like ****.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:14 AM
vtchang

Originally Posted by abui01
If you're in Japan, make sure to rent a car and visit Mt. Akina. I heard the tofu shops are pretty good in the area and you can even have them delivered to you.

Ethan has a ridiculously... LOUD car
you said the magic word, 'tofu'. I can't wait. Thanks for the suggestion.

On a side note, I believe we attended Marshall together. I believe your family plays a large part in the viet community around here?

Your car isn't that quiet either, i've seen it on 7 and also in Dunn Loring. Le Mans Sunset, right?

Last edited by vtchang; 01-07-2009 at 08:15 AM. Reason: spelling :(
Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 AM
vtchang

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
Can you please take Robbie(Driven1) with you because he farted on me while I was laying down now I smell like ****.
Only if he forks up 1500 for the plane ticket and buys me a drink.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

On a side note, I believe we attended Marshall together. I believe your family plays a large part in the viet community around here?

Your car isn't that quiet either, i've seen it on 7 and also in Dunn Loring. Le Mans Sunset, right?
Wow you know a little bit of everything about everyone! Do you happen to know who my father was?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:21 AM
vtchang

Wow you know a little bit of everything about everyone! Do you happen to know who my father was?
I've lived here for almost my entire life, it happens?

Sure? http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...re-Posters.jpg

I love family guy
Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 AM
abui01

u grad HS in 01?

The Asian community is too small! Yeah, my family plays quite a big role around here, but don't let the public know that... I work at McDonalds biotch!

Yup, it's Lemans Sunset. In fact, I think the exhaust is too loud for me, I'm switching it out for something much quieter, it's driving me nuts.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

u grad HS in 01?

The Asian community is too small! Yeah, my family plays quite a big role around here, but don't let the public know that... I work at McDonalds biotch!

Yup, it's Lemans Sunset. In fact, I think the exhaust is too loud for me, I'm switching it out for something much quieter, it's driving me nuts.
Loud exhaust FTL! I'm gonna go for the stealthy style soon.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 AM
vtchang

u grad HS in 01?

02. Marshall Pride ? haha

The Asian community used to be nothing while I was growing up. I'd argue it has grown exponentially over the last 5 years. (crazy influx of koreans)

You want loud, I have a friend that had a STi with a APS 3" turbo back. My ears started to bleed after 30 minutes.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 AM
pchong154

Learn how to use their subway system and Shinkansen (bullet train). If you can understand how it works you can pretty much get anywhere you want.

The bullet train will take you almost anywhere you want in Japan. I would suggest you hit up the big cities first, Tokyo, Kyoto, etc....

When I went I bought a Japan Rail Pass here in the States then used it for the JR lines. You can't use the JR pass for local small subways, but anything larger should be in the JR system.....
Old 01-07-2009, 09:26 AM
vtchang

Originally Posted by pchong154
Learn how to use their subway system and Shinkansen (bullet train). If you can understand how it works you can pretty much get anywhere you want.

The bullet train will take you almost anywhere you want in Japan. I would suggest you hit up the big cities first, Tokyo, Kyoto, etc....

When I went I bought a Japan Rail Pass here in the States then used it for the JR lines. You can't use the JR pass for local small subways, but anything larger should be in the JR system.....
Thanks for the suggestion. We were thinking about printing out the directions here in the states so we can just ask people to direct us when we get there.

Quick Reply: Going to Japan in March and Hello