Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Altered Atmosphere '09 KickOff Meet & Welcoming Party

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:19 AM
sbZenth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jon im working today man. sorry
Old 01-31-2009, 05:22 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright guys, I have hung out with Jeremy when I was working down in FL... I know he is a good guy, works hard and definitely knows how to tune the 350's for maximum performance. He did some pretty radical stuff down in Orlando, so lets give him a break, let him get settled and see how things settle out before any judgments are passed again.

This is AAM's thread about a meet. Let's try to keep it civil and on topic so new opinions can be formed. The past is the past, and anyone who is interested can look it up and use whatever knowledge they gained to help make future decisions. But in the meantime, lets give Jeremy a chance before any pouncing is done.
Just my .02 of course, everyone had their own mind to do as they please.
--B
Old 01-31-2009, 09:35 PM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

dang it, i woulda loved to come out! but im being flown out to ohio that weekend!! SHAAT!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:26 AM
JBMWm318

I'll be there!!! Looking forward to a great event with the best in the MID A! Thanks guys for all of your help!!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:58 AM
Jon@Altered
Banned

To the top!

Originally Posted by .steeeeZ33.
jon S2k Love homie.
Thanks. At least somebody up in here can show some love for my Honda...

Originally Posted by SC 350Z
so we cant dyno my wrx? o well ill bring the GTO cuz i will have it by then
No, no we can defintiely dyno the rex. I should have worded that last sentence a little differently; what I meant was the shop GT-R will be the only GT-R we're putting on the dyno for the event. I know we'll have a couple of our GT-R customers at the meet, but because the new GT-R's have the diffusers underneath the car and a couple other additional critical points to setup for dyno, it takes extra time to load those cars up. So we'll only be doing the shop GT-R this time around.

Possibly later in the summer we'll have a GT-R specific dyno day or something. But we've done lots of Impreza's so definitely bring her by. Bring the goat too if you want, any and all makes and models are welcome! Unfortunately my stock S won't be making an appearance on the dyno...
Old 02-02-2009, 06:01 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by Jon@Altered
To the top!

Thanks. At least somebody up in here can show some love for my Honda...

No, no we can defintiely dyno the rex. I should have worded that last sentence a little differently; what I meant was the shop GT-R will be the only GT-R we're putting on the dyno for the event. I know we'll have a couple of our GT-R customers at the meet, but because the new GT-R's have the diffusers underneath the car and a couple other additional critical points to setup for dyno, it takes extra time to load those cars up. So we'll only be doing the shop GT-R this time around.

Possibly later in the summer we'll have a GT-R specific dyno day or something. But we've done lots of Impreza's so definitely bring her by. Bring the goat too if you want, any and all makes and models are welcome! Unfortunately my stock S won't be making an appearance on the dyno...

Can you explain why the GT-R's are a little more tedious to go on a dyno, just curious.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:06 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by BamBam
Alright guys, I have hung out with Jeremy when I was working down in FL... I know he is a good guy, works hard and definitely knows how to tune the 350's for maximum performance. He did some pretty radical stuff down in Orlando, so lets give him a break, let him get settled and see how things settle out before any judgments are passed again.

This is AAM's thread about a meet. Let's try to keep it civil and on topic so new opinions can be formed. The past is the past, and anyone who is interested can look it up and use whatever knowledge they gained to help make future decisions. But in the meantime, lets give Jeremy a chance before any pouncing is done.
Just my .02 of course, everyone had their own mind to do as they please.
--B

Awesome man!! Thanks for the kind words, we will have to meet up again soon...
Old 02-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
Can you explain why the GT-R's are a little more tedious to go on a dyno, just curious.
Well being that we have an AWD Dynojet 448xlc dyno, it is located fully in ground. The way that the dyno works is that the front wheels actually adjust for the different all wheel drive cars. The 2009 Nissan GT-Rs have the complete underside of the car covered for less wind resistance and there are panels that have to be removed. So, when strapping down a GT-R onto the dyno you have to put the car on a lift first and remove proper paneling. Then after the car is finished on the dyno, you have to set it back up on the lift and replace the panels. Hope this explains your curiosity and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to give us a call.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:20 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Well being that we have an AWD Dynojet 448xlc dyno, it is located fully in ground. The way that the dyno works is that the front wheels actually adjust for the different all wheel drive cars. The 2009 Nissan GT-Rs have the complete underside of the car covered for less wind resistance and there are panels that have to be removed. So, when strapping down a GT-R onto the dyno you have to put the car on a lift first and remove proper paneling. Then after the car is finished on the dyno, you have to set it back up on the lift and replace the panels. Hope this explains your curiosity and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to give us a call.
Damn that is a bit of work just to get some numbers.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Very true. The GT-Rs are simply amazing cars though. We have developed custom downpipes, custom high flow cats, custom mid pipes and have tuned a good handful of them.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:47 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Very true. The GT-Rs are simply amazing cars though. We have developed custom downpipes, custom high flow cats, custom mid pipes and have tuned a good handful of them.
I am assuming they are all titanium, I have seen the prices on www.gt-rr.com and it is crazy.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:41 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Interesting... I did not see you guys on any of the GTR boards, and the one big one, the owner sad you would not be sponsors on.. so .. how are you picking up these mystery GTR's?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Funny we are a sponsor one of the big GT-R forums. Thanks
Old 02-02-2009, 07:58 AM
r0csfinest

is that blue GTR a photoshop? if not lets see some more pics of it!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:30 AM
idrive_MD

i could be down for this, might see if anyone else my way is interested, never seen the shop so im interested.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:33 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idrive_MD
i could be down for this, might see if anyone else my way is interested, never seen the shop so im interested.
Besides Jon's S2000, the shop's packed with nice cars and fancy machines!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Jon@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by bb1314
Besides Jon's S2000, the shop's packed with nice cars and fancy machines!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 PM
McDubbin

man why do people come into a meet thread and try to pick apart a decent shop with the 20 questions game about GTR sponsors?

just dont show up.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:48 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by McDubbin
just dont show up.
Thats the plan for the majority of locals
Old 02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Merlyn

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Thats the plan for the majority of locals
at you being a complete ****ing moron...

Just go away, you have never had anything nice to say about AAM. Obviously you and your friends had a bad experience and care to share it with the world, even though most people don't care nor seem to hold interest into what you say.

Obviously they are doing something right since they are still in business during this tough time.

It just amazes me because you really don't know anything. Maybe some of the locals look to you for "advice" or "opinions" but in reality you consider doing donuts drifting... you spin around in a circle and think you are drifting.. you take you car to a shop to have bolt-ons installed... I mean jesus christ dude... you are a 32 year old loser with a some what decent car that has some not so decent modifications on it thinking your opinion is god...

I don't know what it is with you but you just can't seem to let things go... obviously things happened in the past.. that doesn't mean you should hold it agianst them today. Did you ever do anything bad in your life? Ever steal anything? Ever lie... is that held against you EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE... let the past be the past and let this crap die. OH NO your friends car died, thats part of modifying Cars... I blew 3 transmissions in my last car, it was MY FAULT not Nissans... not my friend for helping me install it... IT WAS MY FAULT... your friends motor blew... maybe it was their own damn fault... in this field (automotive modification) **** happense. I know you are going to jump in and say "WELL OMG HAMMER OMG...". That wasn't Mike sitting there with a Hammer, it was an employee. And you do realize that a rubber mallet is considered a hammer... and sometimes rubber mallets are used in automotive shops to help in installation... Hell I just did some work on my car this weekend, and OMG I had to use a rubber mallet to help remove a part.
The way you make it sound, its like the person went raging on the head with a hammer when in reality, sometimes a rubber mallet is used to help in the seating process. Anyway... that is my 2 cents... I spent 9 months watching you bash the company I worked for and kept my mouth shut as to not effect the view of the company I worked for, but now I don't work there anymore and personally hate you and figured I would speak my piece about you...

Obviously none of this will make an impact in what you think, but hopefully some of the less educated people on these forums can see past your ricey exterior and tell that you really know nothing about cars, nor what goes into making them fast because well.. I think your car and the way you drive it is an example...

I just fed the troll but I figured I would speak my mind. Not like I post here much anyway...

If anyone at AAM wants me to remove this post give me a text / call and I will, I just wanted to speak my peace...

Last edited by Merlyn; 02-02-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Altered Atmosphere '09 KickOff Meet & Welcoming Party