Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Clear Bra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009 | 05:12 PM
FelxCJ

Default Clear Bra?

I bought the car used about a month ago, and in some cases you can tell that the bumper is a different shade color (PPW) then the rest of the car appears.... Is there a way to tell.. if possibly there was a clear bra applied to the bumper.... or if it has just been repainted? Also would there even a noticeable difference if their was a clear bra applied?
Old 04-15-2009 | 05:32 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

The best solution is... get an aftermarket bumper
Old 04-15-2009 | 05:35 PM
FelxCJ

I am looking! Can't decide on which look i want to go with... Any kits to stay away from? Any that are really good?
Old 04-15-2009 | 05:37 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Depending on budget to be honest. Body kits could cost a fortune. Do you want to go aggressive or subtle? Do-Luck is always one of my favorite but I could never afford it.
Old 04-15-2009 | 05:41 PM
KAT_Ayanami

^^^^ Wow, he is Asian, if he could never afford it, just not even take a look at it!
Old 04-15-2009 | 05:42 PM
HeyItsDan

^^ haha. Go for the next best thing... buy my Nismo V2 replica kit!
Old 04-15-2009 | 05:48 PM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

PPW is a hard one to match. If you are only gonna do a front bumper and no sides or rear -- Nismo V1.
Old 04-15-2009 | 06:06 PM
FelxCJ

Debating between complete kit vs. just front bumper... really like the nismo look, so is the replica just cheaper, i mean is the quality still decent? The back also has some "damage" (got it like this) its basically marks from people parallel parking and there tag bolts/screws hitting the bumper. So i will prob pull the front and back bumpers off to paint them... (doing it in house, dad used to paint funny cars)... so i may just go with an entire kit...but then it comes down to i still have the stock wheels haha (got car a month ago) lol so yea
Attached Thumbnails Clear Bra?-333333.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009 | 08:28 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

You know M1 has a do-Luck replica
Old 04-16-2009 | 05:17 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by FelxCJ
Debating between complete kit vs. just front bumper... really like the nismo look, so is the replica just cheaper, i mean is the quality still decent? The back also has some "damage" (got it like this) its basically marks from people parallel parking and there tag bolts/screws hitting the bumper. So i will prob pull the front and back bumpers off to paint them... (doing it in house, dad used to paint funny cars)... so i may just go with an entire kit...but then it comes down to i still have the stock wheels haha (got car a month ago) lol so yea
This is purely my opinion. If I'm gonna do a body kit, I'd do a full kit. Not that I'm a perfectionist, but don't you think having just an aftermarket bumper is weird? The front would become so much closer to the ground compared to the rest of the car, it's just unbalanced and looks weird. I heard M1 makes pretty good replica kits. Do some research and you'll find the info. And please do not go with the nismo look, your car will look like the other 100000000 Z's out there that also like the nismo look just because it's nismo.
Old 04-16-2009 | 05:21 AM
HeyItsDan

Originally Posted by bb1314
This is purely my opinion. If I'm gonna do a body kit, I'd do a full kit. Not that I'm a perfectionist, but don't you think having just an aftermarket bumper is weird? The front would become so much closer to the ground compared to the rest of the car, it's just unbalanced and looks weird. I heard M1 makes pretty good replica kits. Do some research and you'll find the info. And please do not go with the nismo look, your car will look like the other 100000000 Z's out there that also like the nismo look just because it's nismo.
Thanks Etan. Way to ruin my sale.
Old 04-16-2009 | 05:30 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by HeyItsDan
Thanks Etan. Way to ruin my sale.
LOL I'd say the same thing even if I'm selling a nismo kit myself
Old 04-16-2009 | 05:34 AM
FelxCJ

Originally Posted by bb1314
LOL I'd say the same thing even if I'm selling a nismo kit myself
How much?? Also where are you located?

I understand "being different" but i do like the nismo look lol
Old 04-16-2009 | 05:42 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

How much?? Also where are you located?

I understand "being different" but i do like the nismo look lol
I'm not selling any kit right now. I have 2 my350z.com stickers for sale if you're interested! I live in Columbia, MD. But I'm usually in Rockville, MD over the weekends. In fact I went to College Park for school for 1.5 years.

You can be the judge yourself..

Do-luck

Nismo

Last edited by bb1314; 04-16-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-16-2009 | 05:45 AM
HeyItsDan

I have one I'm looking to sell! Front is an Aerosync painted SS and the sides and rear... I'm not sure who made them, but they're brand new, never painted. I'm around Rockville as well
Old 04-16-2009 | 08:39 AM
Mz.Bernadette™

I bought the car used about a month ago, and in some cases you can tell that the bumper is a different shade color (PPW) then the rest of the car appears.... Is there a way to tell.. if possibly there was a clear bra applied to the bumper.... or if it has just been repainted? Also would there even a noticeable difference if their was a clear bra applied?
Unless the whole car is done in clear bra i think its easy to tell. The cars that i've seen that only have bumpers, fenders, etc done you can see where the clear bra stops...barely a diff in the way the paint looks..but if you look, its visible. If you touch it, you can also feel a difference.. When you touch the body of a non-clear bra car you feel paint/metal..its like its naked. But when you touch a car that has clear bra..it almost feels...like theres this mini thick barrier in between ur finger and the paint&body itself. Kinda like a thicker cling wrap has been tightly wrapped around it. Make sense?..sorta?
Old 04-16-2009 | 09:02 AM
FelxCJ

Unless the whole car is done in clear bra i think its easy to tell. The cars that i've seen that only have bumpers, fenders, etc done you can see where the clear bra stops...barely a diff in the way the paint looks..but if you look, its visible. If you touch it, you can also feel a difference.. When you touch the body of a non-clear bra car you feel paint/metal..its like its naked. But when you touch a car that has clear bra..it almost feels...like theres this mini thick barrier in between ur finger and the paint&body itself. Kinda like a thicker cling wrap has been tightly wrapped around it. Make sense?..sorta?
Yea that makes sense! Thx.

I have one I'm looking to sell! Front is an Aerosync painted SS and the sides and rear... I'm not sure who made them, but they're brand new, never painted. I'm around Rockville as well
Price? Pics??
Old 04-16-2009 | 09:10 AM
Mz.Bernadette™

[QUOTE=FelxCJ;7213690]Yea that makes sense! Thx.

Your Welcome
But i agree with everyone else, maybe you should just body kit that joint up
Old 04-16-2009 | 09:12 AM
FelxCJ

But i agree with everyone else, maybe you should just body kit that joint up
I agree just trying to figure out which one i like... hmmmm and waiting to hear back from HeyItsDan...about his kit he has.... so we will see what happens...
Old 04-16-2009 | 09:12 AM
abui01

If your car is white, then you're going to have to repaint lots of it in order to get that sucker to blend correctly. + 1 on just getting a whole bodykit

Quick Reply: Clear Bra?