Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

nasty ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:13 AM
my350isblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by [MD]3FiFtY
You were having fun, knew it was wrong, cops were there, cops did their job, you got a ticket

We all have done stupid ****. It happens. Live and learn.
+1, at least they didnt arrest you on the spot, or can they do that???
Old 06-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

congrats
Old 06-04-2009, 12:34 PM
RaeZ

Dude slow down. You could have killed yourself or someone else. 67 in a 30 is unacceptable. I'm glad your okay but please slow down.

What if an emergency worker or a little kid happened to walk into the street while you were going 67mph? What would you have been saying then?

67 in a 30. I was drifting around turns on a back street. There happened to be a little 5 year old kid there.
Get a good lawyer so you don't loose your license.

I have a similar disdain for cops because I've never had a positive experience with them. I've been pulled over before for laws that actually don't exist in the state of Maryland (I didn't know any better back then). I've seen cops beat suspected criminals that turned out to be completely innocent. I once knew a cop that stole money and illegal firearms from local drug dealers. Supposedly there are good cops out there though...

Originally Posted by my350isblack
+1, at least they didnt arrest you on the spot, or can they do that???
yes

Last edited by RaeZ; 06-04-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: format error
Old 06-04-2009, 01:22 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You were having fun, knew it was wrong, cops were there, cops did their job, you got a ticket

well said, nobody is perfect and everyone screws up sometimes.

now if this was the second time, that would be different.

don't cheap out on the lawyer.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:33 PM
spddmn124

Originally Posted by russ713
congrats
haha
Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 PM
nizzy350

Originally Posted by halfass872
+1000000

This is what tracks are for. Go there, get it out of your system, and keep the roads safe!!

I drive three hours every few months to go to my nearest track. And that's enough for me for a while.
First off you have to know where I live. BFE. Back streets means no neighborhoods. Nothing. No woods, no people. 3 miles of turns.

I got out of the ticket by the way. I do volunteer work for the local pd and animal welfare league, so they knew me and threw it away. Real small town pays off again.

1)why buy a sports car if you are going to do the speed limit. Not saying speed all the time, but Every now and then you have to push your car. Thats why we all bought it.
2) The closest track is about 5 hours away and i was not drifting for 3 miles. I just wanted to play a little. Not so much that I have to buy new tires. Things are too expensive now adays. Also I have to expensive of a paint job to get to nasty with it.

Me playing around kind of goes back to the if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound ordeal. No one was around. Im one of the first ones to get upset when some young punk tears through a public area. This was in the middle of no where.

Wow, nice to know that we have so many law abiding citizens. So im supposed to drive the speed limit and im a retard for having fun. No one has ever stopped and spun tires for the thrill of it? Come on now... Some people need to be honest or sell their sports car. A Z is for more than looking at it. Drive it, have fun with it. And if you know how, get it sideways.

Maybe thats what brought out the haters, they cant drive sideways. Watch the movie Cars the hudson hornet will show you.

Last edited by nizzy350; 06-04-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:47 PM
nizzy350

Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 PM
chriskd

Waiting for the obvious question...

.....wait for it....

...wait for it....
Old 06-04-2009, 08:52 PM
nizzy350

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Im not sorry at all and im mad you still have your license. I hope it costs a lot and you miss your next car payment and they repo your car.

Why does everyone say "sorry man that sucks" when someone says "Stupid cops pulled me over for going almost 70mph sideways around a turn".

/rant
This from a guy who can’t spell Baltimore, Maryland correctly. Hmmm... your opinion counts a great deal. Wow public schools really are going down hill.

I have nothing negative to say about cops. He was doing his job. I got caught playing around.

I do go to the track to race, but not to drift. 5 minutes of drifting gets it done for me. A day of racing really does it. Especially crushing those high dollar European cars. I wont mention any, because those people are sensitive in here. Just kidding.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Sleeper01

nice that you got the ticket thrown out.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:07 PM
nizzy350

When the cops pick up animals that have been hit or found in the road walking around, I help them out. Take the dog, find the owner, get it adopted type thing.

I also build carputers for them and hook up their laptops.
Believe it our not War Driving was invented by cops that were bored.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

must be nice living in small town
Old 06-05-2009, 12:56 AM
terps

glad you got off, wish I had a cop hookup. def. got tailed for 10+ miles yesturday on 95 towards bmore. complete b.s. I was going 65 in the second to left lane and wasn't driving aggressivly or tailing. frankly I was hungover(hadnt drank in 12+ hours but was really tired) and was doing the 10 and 2 position and driving very carefully since I knew I wasn't rested. cars were blowing by me and he didn't care, ran my plates, but have a clean record. apparently a car with exhaust raises question when obeying the laws.

needles to say he eventually blew by me since he had nothing on me after following me for 15+ minutes.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:19 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by nizzy350
Believe it our not War Driving was invented by cops that were bored.
Hmm...sure about that? Maybe I'm thinking of another type of Wardriving lol.

Last edited by MDHRZ; 06-05-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Im not sorry at all and im mad you still have your license. I hope it costs a lot and you miss your next car payment and they repo your car.

Why does everyone say "sorry man that sucks" when someone says "Stupid cops pulled me over for going almost 70mph sideways around a turn".

/rant
I just saw you sig and almost spit coffee all over my laptop...
Old 06-05-2009, 03:35 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by chriskd
Waiting for the obvious question...

.....wait for it....

...wait for it....
What, this one?

OP: age?

Old 06-05-2009, 05:05 AM
KAT_Ayanami

Me playing around kind of goes back to the if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound ordeal. No one was around. Im one of the first ones to get upset when some young punk tears through a public area. This was in the middle of no where
Yes, the problem comes up if the tree falls on top of a camper in the middle of the forest

Some of us have done back road runs. But even then, we try to control the car on our line. Drifting takes both, in the corners, which makes it even more dangerous.

Besides, you should not be a hypocrite. You **** on the cops for doing their job when they did not even give you the ticket. (which sounds weird having in mind your topic title).

Wow, nice to know that we have so many law abiding citizens. So im supposed to drive the speed limit and im a retard for having fun. No one has ever stopped and spun tires for the thrill of it? Come on now... Some people need to be honest or sell their sports car. A Z is for more than looking at it. Drive it, have fun with it. And if you know how, get it sideways.
Really man.

You have fall on one of the more "easy going" forums for this type of crap (my350z ->Mid-A).

In here, 90% of users understand you. That does not mean that they are going to be on your side, specially if you went so much out of what the law says.

Do you want to see some topics I created on newCelica, nasioc, or clubwrx???
My God, they wanted to flame me there just because I explained how was driving on a HOV line by mistake (didnt noticed since I was on the phone) and a old guy was giving me the finger, honking and cutting me just because I had no passenger.
They took his side, which was reckless driving and unnecessary use of a horn.

Those places are REALLY full of "war" heroes, night defenders and e-thugs. This one? Just friends.

Maybe thats what brought out the haters, they cant drive sideways. Watch the movie Cars the hudson hornet will show you.
LOL, you are WRONG there. It is funny that the people who are going to flame you are the ones that have more mods and more experience. Yes yes, the type of driver that tells you: "not double clutching like you should"!

Im sure you would want to drift circles around their cars, but that is only because you will want their phone number

My point?
Well, I just think you are taking a wrong approach to the community.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 AM
350Ricky
I like Rice

Got pulled over yesterday.

67 in a 30. I was drifting around turns on a back street. There happened to be a rescue squad on the road with cops there.

They are never there.

Bad thing is I had no clue how fast I was going because the tires were loose.

Guess Ill stick to parking lot drifting.
I dont know if you already answered this question, and I dont feel like reading 2 pages because Im too lazy.

Did you ever figure out why the cops and rescue squad was there?
Old 06-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Asian Invasian

I started out very angry when reading this thread because of the stupidity of the OP, then I saw your avatar and wasn't angry anymore..
Old 06-05-2009, 09:36 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by Asian Invasian
I started out very angry when reading this thread because of the stupidity of the OP, then I saw your avatar and wasn't angry anymore..
I've been staring at the clock and looking at that picture all day

Quick Reply: nasty ticket