Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Inspections/emissions in VA

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010 | 04:23 PM
12AutoX

Default Inspections/emissions in VA

Hi, I live in Arizona in a rural area and never have to worry about emissions or inspections. I can basically do anything to my car. I have been offered a job in the D.C. area and am wondering what kind of crap I would have to go through to get my car legal. Aside from a smog test, is there anything else to worry about (non CARB parts) and so on?

I do a lot of NASA type stuff and drifting. Aside from VIR, is there a lot of motorsports stuff out there?
Old 06-25-2010 | 05:29 PM
CH³NO²
Banned

Only certain counties in NOVA require emissions testing. I have no idea what's involved because I don't live in one of the counties that requires it.....but I'm close!

VIR is the best around here. Summit Point is closer and has a lot of NASA racing but the place is a dump and the track is worn out (Main Track). There's a new facility in NJ, NJ Motorsports Park which is about a 3 hour drive from DC. Really nice tracks!

Before you take a job in DC you might want to look into how high the cost of living is here. It would blow AZ away!
Old 06-25-2010 | 06:05 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Originally Posted by CH³NO²
Only certain counties in NOVA require emissions testing. I have no idea what's involved because I don't live in one of the counties that requires it.....but I'm close!

VIR is the best around here. Summit Point is closer and has a lot of NASA racing but the place is a dump and the track is worn out (Main Track). There's a new facility in NJ, NJ Motorsports Park which is about a 3 hour drive from DC. Really nice tracks!

Before you take a job in DC you might want to look into how high the cost of living is here. It would blow AZ away!
This!!!! Cost of living here is ridiculous
Old 06-25-2010 | 06:58 PM
12AutoX

Yeah, I figured.
Thanks!