Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

One more reason I can't wait to PCS....

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 03:32 PM
SHIROZE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Armed Ferret
Easy there, killer. Just because you work with some of the asshats in my profession, don't lump me in with them.

I make a very concerted effort to only be in uniform to, at, and from work, unless my chain sends me on an errand off-base during the duty day. And I DAMN sure don't expect anyone to kiss my *** just because of the job I chose. I didn't enlist so people would kiss up to me, but I do take exception to people assuming I did. I take even more exception to people like pothead mcslackerpants in Nebraska deliberately going out of their way to attempt to belittle me in public because of said career choice. Deliberate rude behavior in public is one of the few things I simply do NOT tolerate, and will gladly go toe-to-toe with someone who feels the need to air their grievances against the government with someone like me who has absolutely ZERO to do with government policies, and even less to do with those who set them. Assuming a random USAF E-5 has anything to do with that is not just plain ignorant, but we also all know that when you assume, you get *** from ME.

....wait, that's not right....

First, thank YOU for your service!

Second, I never thought it too intelligent to pick fights or what could be construde as a fight with a trained killer. (applies to untrained killers that still kill)

Third, I know that people have been tracted down because of what has been said over the internet, so "killer" might deploy additional diplomacy when conveying certain thoughts. We're all invincable up to the point when we hear ourselves say "oh sh*t."
Old 07-18-2010, 03:43 PM
jasabeast

Easy there, killer. Just because you work with some of the asshats in my profession, don't lump me in with them.

I make a very concerted effort to only be in uniform to, at, and from work, unless my chain sends me on an errand off-base during the duty day. And I DAMN sure don't expect anyone to kiss my *** just because of the job I chose. I didn't enlist so people would kiss up to me, but I do take exception to people assuming I did. I take even more exception to people like pothead mcslackerpants in Nebraska deliberately going out of their way to attempt to belittle me in public because of said career choice. Deliberate rude behavior in public is one of the few things I simply do NOT tolerate, and will gladly go toe-to-toe with someone who feels the need to air their grievances against the government with someone like me who has absolutely ZERO to do with government policies, and even less to do with those who set them. Assuming a random USAF E-5 has anything to do with that is not just plain ignorant, but we also all know that when you assume, you get *** from ME.

....wait, that's not right....

Thats why i said the ones i have met on here or talked to on this forum seem down to earth.. not douches..

I hope that internet comment wasnt towards me.. i said nothing to insult anyone... everyone knows there are *******s everywhere you go.. may it be military, civilian.. i was just referring that to the "Civilian" comment.... before anyone was enlisted they were a civilian.. and when you retire. yup your a civilian again.. so there for talking trash upon a non-military individual puts you right in the same category..
Old 07-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Greddytwin350Z

Wow this got so off the original topic. I dont work with or have ever really been around anyone in the military.

But I want to start off by saying thank you for allowing me to feel safe. How anyone could ever belittle anyone else is beyond me. I was taught to respect everyone for thier likes and dislikes. I just turned 30 on Thurs but my dad (64) would still beat the snot out of me for being so disrespectful. I will say there are ignorant people no matter where you go. Maybe some places seem to have more abundance than others. I hate what the town I live in has become. As far as roads I belive PA has the worst I have ever been on. I pick them out because they are always working on the same points on the same highways for years now.

Guys we are all here with one common intrest. We all enjoy our cars. Can we just show each other the respect we want in return. Robert
Old 07-18-2010, 07:08 PM
NNOCENT

when you make a thread basically saying "MID-ATLANTIC SUCKS AZZ" and post it IN THE MID-A FORUM...

be prepared for some backlash OP
Old 07-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FACT.... PA is usually voted as having the worst roads in the country by an annual OTR truckers poll. Almost zero weight enforcement and one of the lagest trucking hubs in the northeast = horrible highways. We don't even pave backroads around where I am, they put down oil and cinders and just let the cars grind them in to smooth out the surfave.

Oh, MD is downright progressive compared to PA. I've lived in 6 different states and PA has the dumbest, laziest, ugliest, most closed minded people I have ever run across. Unfortunately I married a girl whose whole family lives here, so I'm probably here for life

At least we have legalized poker and table games now and I make a living feeding the fat people
Old 07-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Armed Ferret

Originally Posted by NNOCENT
when you make a thread basically saying "MID-ATLANTIC SUCKS AZZ" and post it IN THE MID-A FORUM...

be prepared for some backlash OP
I never once said "Mid-Atlantic sucks azz", nor did I title this thread as such. I was illustrating the much higher rate of criminal behavior and general jackassery that abounds in Maryland as opposed to previous duty stations to which I've been assigned. That you instantly considered this thread as an insult illustrates that either your reading comprehension skills may need a bit of a polish, or you're one of the criminals/jackasses causing so much disappointment with this area of the country. I'm not making any assertions, just an objective observation.

Well, either that, or you've got really sensitive feelers. In which case, perhaps the internet isn't the best place for you if you take everything everyone says that personally.

I hope that internet comment wasnt towards me..
Nope. More a general statement than singling anyone out.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Jgrizzle

Having an amphibious marmot.... inside the city limits.... that aint legal either dude.

What are you a F*cking park ranger now?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

I am military and have had zero of the issues that you guys are talking about in this thread... Have you ever thought it may be the way you have carried yourself and they way YOU act.

I have had nothing but people thank me for my service, offer me discounts and services, and treat me with respect and I always return the favor and give them the respect they deserve and ALWAYS am very grateful for any special treatment since it is a privilege and is NOT the reason I joined the military.

If you think that its MD is the reason you have had your car ****ed with maybe you:
A: bought a cheap *** ghetto house in a dump
B: **** people off
C: have had bad luck
D: didnt do your research on the area you decided to live in.

If you do all the same things at your next duty station you may have good luck and the same things dont happen, you may get a place that has a lower cost of living soo you can afford to live in a better area, or you could have all the same problems.

Take the steps to improve your own situation and quit bitching.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:39 PM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by Barnabas
I am military and have had zero of the issues that you guys are talking about in this thread... Have you ever thought it may be the way you have carried yourself and they way YOU act.

I have had nothing but people thank me for my service, offer me discounts and services, and treat me with respect and I always return the favor and give them the respect they deserve and ALWAYS am very grateful for any special treatment since it is a privilege and is NOT the reason I joined the military.

If you think that its MD is the reason you have had your car ****ed with maybe you:

If you do all the same things at your next duty station you may have good luck and the same things dont happen, you may get a place that has a lower cost of living soo you can afford to live in a better area, or you could have all the same problems.

+1..
Old 07-20-2010, 05:11 AM
hottoddyo

Originally Posted by Barnabas

Well said. I was in the Air Force for 10 years. My father was in the Air Force for 28 years and I've been all over the world. Truth be told perception is everything. And how you handle a bad situation reflects not only on you, but how you and your peers will be judged. Being in the military you are held to a higher standard. You not only learn respect and decipline, you learn to be a better person. Be proud of what you are doing for your country. Hold your head up high, be grateful for what you receive, but expect nothing from anyone. My thoughts and prayers are with every member of the military every day. I have 2 step sons in the military now. I've raised them since they were 3 & 5. And I am a proud parent of my children now serving in the USAF and the USMC!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:23 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

^^+1 Just out of curiosity, what rank are you guys? Unless they've increased military pay dramatically within the last few years I know i would've barely been able to afford a Z and i got out as a Spec-4 back in
'94.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

I am a spc (E4) ANd yes the pay is not great at all lol thats why I am not active duty.

but it has come a long way from the pay in the 90's
Old 07-20-2010, 10:55 AM
AmnCruzie

^ SrA soon to be SSgt, hopefully (e4 and e5 respectively). And yeah, active duty doesn't pay too much, the average single e-4 makes about 30-40k a year depending on situation, duty station and all that. The only reason I can afford my Z and all I've done to her is cuz I get special allowances from the USAF that bump my yearly salary up to roughly 50-60k... Before I started getting those, I could barely afford my RSX LOL

Last edited by AmnCruzie; 07-20-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:04 PM
WYZIWYG

When I was active duty, most of the guys who did have nice cars were dirt poor and lived check to check. If it weren't for the mess hall half of them would've starved to death when we were back in garrison.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Armed Ferret

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Having an amphibious marmot.... inside the city limits.... that aint legal either dude.

What are you a F*cking park ranger now?
care to rewrite that, but this time making sense?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:18 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
Hell in Italy they dislike you purely for the fact you are American, even more so that we are military. Can't wait to get outta Europe and back to the US. If I ever come back to Europe, it will be Germany only. Btw, judging by your sig your Z is coming along nicely with mods. Good luck.

but if your African American like me, the ladies sure compensate for all that!

ITALIAN WOMEN FTMF_ AirForce_ W!

lol
Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 PM
BornSlippyZ

I felt the same way when I was serving in the AF stationed in SC. I got my car broken into on base, my bike got pushed over on base, my car got stolen/recovered off base and finally I was in a serious accident near the base that was not my fault. I am originally from CA and I felt the need to get PSC'ed either out or to a different base.

That all happened within my first two years in the AF, rest of the time there was good and negative things rarely happened. This kind of stuff can happen at any other base too. Just my 2 cents.

BTW I was in during the early 90's and I got out as an E-5. But I did not make enough to afford a Z. Things have definitely changed.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:36 PM
350zfan1

E4 here and active duty the z was passd to me when my grandfather died a few years ago.

Yeah i didnt real go active to get all the "Money" people think the army has.

I did it because the training i got at my ait school will score me a pretty sweet editing job in the film industry when i get out .

And the chance to deploy and get a good chunk of money tax free.

Personally have had nothing but negative experiences since i have come to this state unfortunetly.

Including a drunk driver almost totalling my z.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:22 AM
Jgrizzle

care to rewrite that, but this time making sense?
Ever seen the Big Lebowski? Its a quote from the movie.

Heres the the exact quote:

Walter Sobchak: Also, let's not forget - let's *not* forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city - that aint legal either.
The Dude: What are you, a ****ing park ranger now?
Walter Sobchak: No, I'm...
The Dude: Who gives a **** about the ****ing marmot!

(This is the morning after the Nihlists throw a Ferret in The Dudes tub.)

Last edited by Jgrizzle; 07-21-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:55 AM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Ever seen the Big Lebowski? Its a quote from the movie.

Heres the the exact quote:

Walter Sobchak: Also, let's not forget - let's *not* forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city - that aint legal either.
The Dude: What are you, a ****ing park ranger now?
Walter Sobchak: No, I'm...
The Dude: Who gives a **** about the ****ing marmot!

(This is the morning after the Nihlists throw a Ferret in The Dudes tub.)
I dig your style man. Kinda got that whole cowboy vibe going on...

Quick Reply: One more reason I can't wait to PCS....