Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

dc speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 10:16 PM
SE5spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats a speed camera? you guys have those over there?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:49 AM
SpoolageDropout

Originally Posted by jeffie7
I've never met a person ok with them
who the **** likes speed cameras especially the ones their putting on the beltways nows which are freaking ridiculous

"They'll try anything and everything to take the money out of our pockets"
Old 09-22-2010, 06:14 PM
RaeZ

flip plate
Old 09-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Armed Ferret

Originally Posted by RaeZ
flip plate
got a link to the setup for a rear flip plate?
Old 09-23-2010, 04:15 AM
SpoolageDropout

Originally Posted by RaeZ
flip plate
Post a link I want one too
Old 09-23-2010, 08:23 AM
350zfan1

Photo blocker spray for the rear plate and front..?

Everyone says its a scam but i may try it just because of all the bull **** cameras here in this state.

Last edited by 350zfan1; 09-23-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:25 AM
SpoolageDropout

Originally Posted by 350zfan1
Photo blocker spray for the rear plate and front..?

Everyone says its a scam but i may try it just because of all the bull **** cameras here in this state.
It works that what I use on my z but make sure your tag is clean when you put it on though because you wont get the full protection if its dirty. Do some test runs with a camera that has a flash to see how much or how little of the spray you need
Old 09-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Jgrizzle

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
I don't get how people are okay with speed cameras. It is literally out and out theft.
How is it theft? They post a limit, you go over it, you get fined... Its like saying "taking fingerprints is theft, they are just trying to lock me up for robbing people. I should be able to do what I want with them not being able to catch me". Its not like they dont tell you what the speed limit is.

Dont get me wrong, I dont like them at all (save for school zones) and you start down a slippery slope when you start putting cameras in to monitor us. I drive over the speed limit I will admit it. Im not perfect. I just think its one of those things thats hard to argue.

I mean whats the argument?
"We dont want you enforcing the law. We want to be able to break it without being caught. NO FAIR that you can catch us now".

And that photo spray is a waste of money.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:20 AM
350zfan1

To the people that still love the greater dc /metro area and the surrounding ******** state of MD.

Yes this what i think is a corrupt state trys to steal every hard earnd dollar from its citizens here by all these cameras and other little tricks.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:41 AM
SpoolageDropout

To the people that still love the greater dc /metro area and the surrounding ******** state of MD.

Yes this what i think is a corrupt state trys to steal every hard earnd dollar from its citizens here by all these cameras and other little tricks.
I totally agree.
My thing is its ok to put speed cameras infront of schools because thats were children play and if you speed there you deserve a ticket but putting speed cameras on the beltway/highway/freeway any type of way is just freaking ridiculous.Like there are far far far more worst things going on then people going 10-15 miles over ther speed limit on the highway. I know you all everyday see cops break the law without being charged. Which sounds like a double standard to me. D.C. i cant lie is a great place to go visit "certain places ofcourse" but if you drive and know your a speeder 9/10 you will get a ticket thats why most of us walk when we're there to prevent things like this from happening.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpoolageDropout
I totally agree.
My thing is its ok to put speed cameras infront of schools because thats were children play and if you speed there you deserve a ticket but putting speed cameras on the beltway/highway/freeway any type of way is just freaking ridiculous.Like there are far far far more worst things going on then people going 10-15 miles over ther speed limit on the highway. I know you all everyday see cops break the law without being charged. Which sounds like a double standard to me. D.C. i cant lie is a great place to go visit "certain places ofcourse" but if you drive and know your a speeder 9/10 you will get a ticket thats why most of us walk when we're there to prevent things like this from happening.
you do know cops get fined same as we do for redlight cameras and speeding cameras unless they are on a emergency call right?? They are held to the same standards we are. they have to pay those fines themselves the department wont if they arent on a official call. If there lights are on and they arent on a official car then they just get in even more trouble.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:50 AM
SpoolageDropout

I know that, I did a ride along with a montgomery county police officer last year for my law class. An he told me there is some leway for them when it comes to little things like turning without there turn signals go 10+ over the speed limit but one thing they told me they dont tolerate is speding in front of a school know matter what time of day it is
Old 09-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Jgrizzle

I totally agree.
Mind you im just playing devils advocate here....

So you are saying you are being persecuted for breaking the law? You think its unfair that you are held accountable for your speed and obeying the limit set forth by the laws of this state? I dont understand how you think being monitored to see if you are operating an explosive missile at a reasonable speed (not 10-15 over the posted limit). And yes there are far worse things going on that the police need to pay attention to. Speed cameras allow them to be doing other "more important" things than sitting by the side of the road watching for speeders. So again I ask how are speed cameras "corrupt" and "stealing your money". Does the govt control your accelerator?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Jgrizzle

What tricks? They tell you the rules dont they? How are they tricking you with a big F'ing sign that says SPEED LIMIT XX.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Jgrizzle

I just want people to admit the reason they dont want cameras is because they want to be able to break the law. Not because the govt is corrupt and is stealing my money WAH! Lets call this what it is. As Americans we have the right to break our laws and the right to make laws that outlaw law enforcement from enforcing such laws that we want to break.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:20 PM
SpoolageDropout

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Mind you im just playing devils advocate here....

So you are saying you are being persecuted for breaking the law? You think its unfair that you are held accountable for your speed and obeying the limit set forth by the laws of this state? I dont understand how you think being monitored to see if you are operating an explosive missile at a reasonable speed (not 10-15 over the posted limit). And yes there are far worse things going on that the police need to pay attention to. Speed cameras allow them to be doing other "more important" things than sitting by the side of the road watching for speeders. So again I ask how are speed cameras "corrupt" and "stealing your money". Does the govt control your accelerator?
Funny thing is I never said they were "corrupt" I was clearly saying if you read what I wrote that yea speed cameras need to be in areas where its nessaray schools,parks,shopping centers,strips,playgrounds basically anyplace were its really needed but putting them in the city "d.c." where you know its gna be gridlock 24/7 is crazy, putting them on the highway is crazy because nobody goes the speed limit there I know i dont and i can admit to it.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Jgrizzle

Hey spoolage the corrupt comment was referencing this fine gentleman here. I know you were the only one I quoted but thats where the corrupt part came from.

And I did read what you wrote. But my argument is
1) Obviously the cameras are needed if someone got caught going 15 over in the city... it wasnt grid locked then

2) So during a riot, if everyone is looting, beating others, and lighting **** on fire it should be ok? I mean everyone is doing it so do laws still need to be enforced?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:30 PM
SpoolageDropout

Talking

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Hey spoolage the corrupt comment was referencing this fine gentleman here. I know you were the only one I quoted but thats where the corrupt part came from.

And I did read what you wrote. But my argument is
1) Obviously the cameras are needed if someone got caught going 15 over in the city... it wasnt grid locked then

2) So during a riot, if everyone is looting, beating others, and lighting **** on fire it should be ok? I mean everyone is doing it so do laws still need to be enforced?
My bad I read to fast..
Old 09-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Jgrizzle

My bad I read to fast..
No problem...

You still have to answer my questions though....
Old 09-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Black Z Eddie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

For me, I like speed cameras only 'cause I have a radar detector. Cameras aren't as sneaky and smart as cops. If they replaced all cops with cameras, my chances of ever getting a speeding ticket would be greatly slimmed down.

Quick Reply: dc speeding ticket