Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

I got raped in VA

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 09:56 AM
boliviandaddy23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got raped in VA

So i was on my way to a meet with my friend. I got a 08 350z n my friend has a 05 G35. it was around 9pm on our way to a meet. We get on Ox rd (123) the speed limit is 55, we were going like 66 (i always drive around 5-10mph over) never had a problem. So were going and we make a left at a light an were just cruising going around 66mph. But at the light a couple cars behind was a cop, so he seen 2sport cars together. He had to wait for his light green to follow us n remember he was a couple cars behind. So were going around 66mph n the cop speeds his way to catch up to us. My friend was driving next to me and outta no where we see the notorious lights!!! and that loud *** sirens. my friend was a car length ahead of me. So i assume the cop was going to pull my friend over for speeding. The cop flies by me and then gets in front of me and pulls next to my friend and then he slows down in the middle of both lanes. So im like i guess im getting pulled over too? lol. So we pull over he comes to my window and yells at me saying REALLY GIVE ME UR LICENSE! i give it to him n he says the same thing to my friend. He goes to his car for 5-10min calls for back up and then his buddy comes and the start walking around our cars flashing the light all over, they cant do anything cuz from the outside were all stock =). He comes back n says "i was PASSING u guys for a quarter of a mile, and i pulled u guys for going racing and going 20mph" that's exactly the number to charge sum one for RECKLESS). "Court is on the 14th." i signed that paper n he let us go.

Now heres the thing if he was at the light behind a couple of cars waiting for the light to turn green than he had to speed to pull us over n i looked at my speedometer i was going 66mph. So he had to be the one going 75mph. And who races for a quarter mile going around 10+ over the speed limit and keeping a steady speed?

So should i get a layer and fight it? or just go to court and hopefully the judge drops the charges since i have a clean record. But then again my friend doesn't have a clean record so im thinking we both have court the same day and if he doesn't go with a layer n nether do i hell mes up my possibility of getting it dropped to speeding -___-...so what should i do?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:08 AM
mattleegee

cops in your state actually give you a court date?
usually it has to go in the system, of course you should fight it, should be easy to get out of
Old 08-28-2011, 10:10 AM
boliviandaddy23

yes that's what i thought but then allot of people saying if its ur first o fence the judge will drop it to speeding. But then i don't want to risk it n also layers are pricy!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Duckeee

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats retarded.

yes, please get a lawyer. but either way, youll have to spend unecessary money
Old 08-28-2011, 11:50 AM
KAT_Ayanami

So you see a cop behind you and you proceed to drive 11 miles over the speed limit?

Get a lawyer, I do not think you are smart enough to get out of this one alone....
Old 08-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Killabee350z

Originally Posted by KAT_Ayanami
So you see a cop behind you and you proceed to drive 11 miles over the speed limit?

Get a lawyer, I do not think you are smart enough to get out of this one alone....
I agree with you they should've slow down when they notice the Cop at least a couple of mph slower.They ran into a Hater-Cop that probably wants a sports car but is forced to drive a mini van or something worst due to family or poor choices.Shop around for lawyer find out did he have radar proof or his non calibrated radar eye on ya'll.I may have refused to sign ticket stating I broke more than one traffic citation.It's the end of the month they try to make ticket quota's Slow down to avoid the Rape..............good luck
Old 08-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Shin Beats

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

C'mon..you live in VA..you should know how the cops are around there.
You need a Beltronics or a Valentine if you're going to do any kind of speeding (undetectable.)
Old 08-28-2011, 05:55 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I don't think this is a case of being "raped" by the police officer. You admit to going 11 mph over the speed limit. It seems to me like you were breaking the law and deserved to be stopped and ticketed. In the future, drive the speed limit and you won't have any problems. I would certainly suggest getting an attorney to represent you in court. I suspect you may have problems trying to represent yourself.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Coehsp350Z

IF it was a State trooper, then u chances are slim to none. Unless you have a really good excuse and argument as to why you were not speeding/racing then be ready for a hell of a court fight...Good Luck..State troopers here in VA are ******.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

If it's the OX Road around me thats in Fairfax County, those cops can be just as bad State Troopers. What was the guys name? My friends Dad is VERY high up there. I could mention the incident and see what happens if you'd like.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:31 PM
boliviandaddy23

on the ticket it did not say racing just reckless, and yes im not bitter on the cops for pulling me over i know i was speeding. Im mad at the fact that he gave me reckless when he had to speed up to catch up to us and as he got close he pulled us over so he was going 70somthing while we were going a lower speed. It wasn't a state trooper and i didn't know he was behind till i saw the lights it was dark 9pm

and his name is R.A juchnewicz (notzi)
Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 AM
langtubip
not fast enuff

so he got your speed based on how fast he was going?
Old 08-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Fugotti

So your mad because the cop was speeding to catch up with you, knowingly you were breaking the law to begin with...
Old 08-29-2011, 06:01 AM
scrapser

I'd get a lawyer and try to get the charge dropped since you have a clean record. At the very least get it reduced to a speeding ticket. A criminal record doesn't go away and will cause you problems with credit and employment down the road. The LEO could not accurately determine your speed so that is in your favor.

I got a reckless driving charge back in 2007 (86 in a 65 zone at 6 AM on a Sunday morning). I was driving on 95N in a rental car coming back from Florida. An unmarked trooper pulled me over and determined my speed by pacing me. My attorney got the charge dropped. It cost me $1500 (but I still have a clean record). His name is Bob Battle and is a former Virginia prosecutor so he knows both sides of the fence (and most of the judges).
Old 08-29-2011, 06:38 AM
boliviandaddy23

Originally Posted by Fugotti
So your mad because the cop was speeding to catch up with you, knowingly you were breaking the law to begin with...
so your going to tell me you drive the exact speed limit never more?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:42 AM
boliviandaddy23

Originally Posted by Fugotti
yeah Pace when they keep a distance from you and estimate how fast you were going when i saw the lights i looked at my speedometer and it said 67-66 but my friend was going a lil faster so we both got the same ticket reckless...but i know me n him dint even hit 70s n he said we were going 75 just exactly on the 20mph over speed limit. He accused us of racing but dint put it on the ticket because he couldn't prove it and because we weren't
Old 08-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Fugotti

Originally Posted by boliviandaddy23
so your going to tell me you drive the exact speed limit never more?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:15 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give the guy a break about "breaking the law" would you? You guys are on a freaking car forum and making someone going 15mph or less over the speed limit sounds like he's going to hell.

On a serious note... definitely get a lawyer. Trust me the money spent here is going to save you in a long run as mentioned here before (job, car insurance, credit report, etc). The fact that he got your speed based on catching up to you is what the lawyer is going to use against the cop. But trust me if you're trying to bring that up yourself, the judge won't even bother with it.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Slow down when you see a cop and you are speeding, isnt that common sense?

Cops are people and people have the ability to lie. You made a bad judgement call and perhaps he did too, good luck in court.

It would also help your case on here if you didnt write like a 13yr old girl on instant messenger.

Last edited by Alberto; 08-29-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Mcutali

Smile lawyer isnt needed

i would fight it and stick with just going 5mph over, and be polite to the officer