Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

2004 East Coast Z and G Meet!!!! Come one, come all!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004 | 08:45 AM
Jeff@Evolution

ttsupra94, Jonathahg35 - This dent is suppose to be pretty good. With some very good prices. Their company car will be on hand to do a demonstration for everybody and who ever is interested. I think can get it done at the meet. Btw, the owner of the company is also a Board member and a owner.

w1ngman - Glad to see you can make.
Old 02-16-2004 | 09:20 AM
frazierh

I'm there!
Old 02-16-2004 | 09:37 AM
onii

i'll be there! im a new Z owner...hope to see what people have done, get some ideas for what i wanna do. see u there!
Old 02-16-2004 | 10:40 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Default Re: A local clear corners conversion expert...at your service...

Originally posted by w1ngman
Just so interested folks know, I'm in the process of scheduling to perform a clear corners conversion for drew703 prior to Jeff's Evolution meet . Drew will be in attendance .

While I'm not known on these boards, I own an S2000 and have converted well over 140 S2000s. I've also performed conversions on late model Acura TLs and CLs. Jeff has asked me to expand my hand into the 350Z and G35 arena for the local Mid-A area and I could not be happier to do so .

Hey,
That's a great S2K! Forgive my ignorance, but what is a clear corners conversion? I was kind of excited reading your post, but it was like one of those TV commercials for some prescription medicine that tells you to ask your doctor if it's right for you, but never really tells you what it's intended to treat Anyway, look forward to meeting you and/or seeing your work.

Want 2 C my Z?

Last edited by kcobean; 02-16-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2004 | 10:42 AM
jkwak922

free food... entertainment.... car info.... dent removal... im there no doubt... bondin time for my fellow Z brotha's haha
Old 02-16-2004 | 10:44 AM
devildoc

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that he changes out the long amber strip inside your headlight casing to a clear one.

Ian
Old 02-16-2004 | 12:46 PM
w1ngman

Talking And the quipie doll goes to Ian!!!

Originally posted by devildoc
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that he changes out the long amber strip inside your headlight casing to a clear one.

Ian

BINGO!

Yup, my service would be to pull your headlamp assemblies out of your car, go through a series of steps to open each headlamp assembly, remove the amber reflective strip from inside each assembly, and finally seal the puppy back up. Then reinsert the headlight housing into the car and reinstall the bumper.

Only clarification I would make is that I do not supply the available clear headlight reflector strips for the internal housing. If an owner so desires, they may purchase a set of clear stripes from => Ares <= (a member on your community boards here that offers an OEM replacement to the amber strips within your headlamp housing...but in clear ).

This is what the Z headlamp would look like after the conversion with only the amber strip removed:

[Above image is courtesy www.autocarparts.com]

Here is a pic (or a PS) of Ares clear headlamp replacement strip... Still a relatively new offering for your vehicle:

[Above image is courtesy Mike Wazowski...a board member. I will remove this pic if so requested]

A separate thing worth considering (shown also in the above pic)...but certainly something to see done while the bumper were off if you're looking for that "completely clean/clear front"...would be to replace the amber clear side/corner reflector marker located vertically in the front bumper as well . These seem to be available through various vendors/sites.

Warning: As old_s13...a CA owner...posted on your boards, "The amber reflector on the Z is only needed because the law requires an amber "reflex reflector" PLUS an amber "side-marker." Since the lower side-markers from the factory are non-illuminated, they use the lens in the headlight to illuminate amber. However, you cannot have one without the other.. both are technically needed in order for the 350Z to be road-legal." You should check your own county/state provisions regarding any of these modifications and appreciate that you will assume the liability if this meets negatively with Johnny Law. With the Honda S2000s, I have cleared many a set now and oftentimes replaced the bulb behind the diffuser to that of an amber bulb (sometimes even "stealthed" it through a home-grown masking/painting process for owners). Then, when the turnsignal is actuated, it still results in an amber turning indicator...and seems to meet with acceptable inspections in the Mid-A area. But again, I will not assume legal liability for this mod. Please appreciate that right up front. All I assume liability of is my workmanship...and of that, I guarantee it for 3 months (which is plenty of time for anything "bad" to have happened). And I have had 100% success with each and every conversion I've performed to date .

Jeff...my apologies for monopolizing this thread... But as you'd made the suggestion that I introduce my services to our regional owners, this is perhaps the best way to do it (outside of word-of-mouth). Thanks again!

- Dave

Last edited by w1ngman; 02-16-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2004 | 01:23 PM
mprowe350

I have a 2003 350Z Track with an 8 pound ATI kit and thinking about going. How far from raleigh NC?
Old 02-16-2004 | 03:22 PM
devildoc

Default Re: And the quipie doll goes to Ian!!!

Originally posted by w1ngman
BINGO!

Yup, my service would be to pull your headlamp assemblies out of your car, go through a series of steps to open each headlamp assembly, remove the amber reflective strip from inside each assembly, and finally seal the puppy back up. Then reinsert the headlight housing into the car and reinstall the bumper.

Only clarification I would make is that I do not supply the available clear headlight reflector strips for the internal housing. If an owner so desires, they may purchase a set of clear stripes from => Ares <= (a member on your community boards here that offers an OEM replacement to the amber strips within your headlamp housing...but in clear ).

This is what the Z headlamp would look like after the conversion with only the amber strip removed:

Jeff...my apologies for monopolizing this thread... But as you'd made the suggestion that I introduce my services to our regional owners, this is perhaps the best way to do it (outside of word-of-mouth). Thanks again!

- Dave

So is this going to be like a workshop?
Old 02-16-2004 | 03:22 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Originally posted by mprowe350
I have a 2003 350Z Track with an 8 pound ATI kit and thinking about going. How far from raleigh NC?
5-6 Hours. But you are boosting. So I guess maybe 3-4 hours?
Old 02-16-2004 | 04:16 PM
w1ngman

Default Re: Re: And the quipie doll goes to Ian!!!

Originally posted by devildoc
So is this going to be like a workshop?
No, sorry. Just an opportunity for me to meet the local 350Z and G35 community. Let them know the service I provide, and if interested (seeing my work on Drew's car at the upcoming meet), hopefully folks will seek my services locally.

- Dave
Old 02-16-2004 | 05:55 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman
Premier Member

May i bring 2 sti's and maybe a wrx? along with 3 z's including myself of course
Old 02-16-2004 | 06:14 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Originally posted by EnthuZiastDrive
May i bring 2 sti's and maybe a wrx? along with 3 z's including myself of course
Guys, feel free to bring people. But just for the topic this whole meet was meant to be dedicated to this community. And we haven't posted about this meet in any other forum. Due to I want you guys to get a chance to meet each other, and we want to see this community grow bigger within ourself.
Old 02-16-2004 | 06:30 PM
w1ngman

One of the things that has made me love my S2000 so much is our own community of fellow S2000 owners and how well we've fostered a true sense of family.

Jeff, just so there is no confusion or mixed signals for your 350Z and G35 owners/members/enthusiasts...I do not *have* to travel up and introduce myself. Meeting me is something that folks could do over time through conversion efforts on my part with their car(s). I do not want to break the sense of community in that regard whatsoever because I treasure it so much in my own community. So if it would be easier for you to manage requests of folks asking if they could bring non-Z/G vehicles to the meet...please feel free to know that I'll kindly bow out.

Drew's car will speak for my work with or without me present at your upcoming meet

- Dave
Old 02-16-2004 | 07:11 PM
drew703

Thumbs up

Drew is very excited for w1ingman to do this job.

Drew is very excited about the meet on the 13th!

Drew is NOT excited however at the fact he still probably will not have fixed the uh, "license" plate incident from many months ago on baby's rear bumper.

Old 02-17-2004 | 03:40 AM
Zyal8ter

woah, only 4 days and we have well above 27 attendees. hey Ricky, i think you will break your own record this time.

attendees:

Ricky
LIL RAJA
mdracer76
Jeff@Evolution
JonathanG35
w1ngman
Sins4u33
D@ActiveTuning
TakeiteZ
J-Dawg
drew703
DiRN
EnthuZiastDrive + 5
noel48
seanazzy
gaseous
devildoc
kcobean
KManZ
SiNdHiWaRrIoR
Melissa
ttsupra94
frazierh
onii
jkwak922
mprowe350
Zyal8ter
Old 02-17-2004 | 04:16 AM
gaseous

Originally posted by drew703
Drew is very excited for w1ingman to do this job.
Drew is NOT excited however at the fact he still probably will not have fixed the uh, "license" plate incident from many months ago on baby's rear bumper.

get that fixed!
Old 02-17-2004 | 08:51 AM
Jeff@Evolution

Guys, feel free to bring non z / g owners. We have no problem with any other cars showing up. There will be a few s2000, nsx, or maybe supras at the meet. But this is not a typical Evolution Meet. Its more dedicated for this community. But w1ngman, you are free to come and bring your car. Its all for fun.

Jeff
Old 02-17-2004 | 08:54 AM
dollar99

Capital G club will be there too, about 5-8 of us.
Old 02-17-2004 | 10:40 AM
spud

Im in

Quick Reply: 2004 East Coast Z and G Meet!!!! Come one, come all!!