Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

me vs saleen mustang(kinda...)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 04:09 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default me vs saleen mustang(kinda...)

we never really got a good go at it, we had 2 chances, but he never pushed it for those 2 times, I didnt the first time, second time I did up to about 50, pulled over infront of him, and made a turn. he followed the turn, and then you could hear the roar of the engine coming up. I just floored it, in 3rd I believe, didnt bother to downshift, tho I could have.

he passed me by, I slowly came into the power band and began to keep up, as he tapped his brakes and pulled in front of me so we could both make a turn.

that was the end of the open roads we just sorta squirted around from then on, no high speeds cause there were cars in front of us, just quick accelerating.

I had VDC on the whole time, and it cut me off everytime on the 1-2 shift, but since he wasnt trying, it didnt matter.

anyway, Im sure he was faster, way more power, and from the sound of the exhaust and a hood I didnt recognize as stock, and a nice place to keep books in the rear, he had done atleast some work, whether he went any farther than exhaust in performance aspect, I dont know; my passenger saw a tach on the dash with shift light.

I actually expected him to be faster on the road where he passed me, I was able to bring up my speed to match him, but Im sure he let off at some point. just not sure how soon.

all in all, impressed by the Zs performance, and I think he was as well.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:42 PM
CrazyBosnian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: me vs saleen mustang(kinda...)

Originally posted by ares
we never really got a good go at it, we had 2 chances, but he never pushed it for those 2 times, I didnt the first time, second time I did up to about 50, pulled over infront of him, and made a turn. he followed the turn, and then you could hear the roar of the engine coming up. I just floored it, in 3rd I believe, didnt bother to downshift, tho I could have.

he passed me by, I slowly came into the power band and began to keep up, as he tapped his brakes and pulled in front of me so we could both make a turn.

that was the end of the open roads we just sorta squirted around from then on, no high speeds cause there were cars in front of us, just quick accelerating.

I had VDC on the whole time, and it cut me off everytime on the 1-2 shift, but since he wasnt trying, it didnt matter.

anyway, Im sure he was faster, way more power, and from the sound of the exhaust and a hood I didnt recognize as stock, and a nice place to keep books in the rear, he had done atleast some work, whether he went any farther than exhaust in performance aspect, I dont know; my passenger saw a tach on the dash with shift light.

I actually expected him to be faster on the road where he passed me, I was able to bring up my speed to match him, but Im sure he let off at some point. just not sure how soon.

all in all, impressed by the Zs performance, and I think he was as well.
You do know that most saleens are just a GT with a body kit, so you can match up with one quite good. Now the ones that have blowers on them, those are the ones that you have to watch out for...
Old 12-14-2002, 11:59 PM
Roush360r

eh, Saleens are slow. They dont put that much down in the wheels. I bet with a couple of mods your Z will be able to run a Saleen Supercharged.. now a Roush Supercharged, that is a different story

btw, any companies starting up w/ 350Z mods?
Old 02-18-2003, 08:52 PM
saleens28100

compare the stage 2 roush against the N/A saleen see which one is faster......bring on the 360R, the s281E has a little something for it.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:31 PM
2001Stang

Originally posted by saleens28100
compare the stage 2 roush against the N/A saleen see which one is faster......bring on the 360R, the s281E has a little something for it.
The S281E is faster but then again it a good bit more expensive then the 360R.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:59 AM
jester

he never said what year or model the "saleen" was....and as stated...it could have just been a GT with a kit....

and just for a referance point....when I dynoed my old 95GT at Fun Ford Weekend in Atlanta, with H/C/I ect, a guy showed up with a new S-281 (S/Ced)....he only pulled about 7-10 more hp to the rear wheels...roughly about 290 to the rear wheels.....
Old 02-21-2003, 03:38 AM
jester

Originally posted by High_Velocity_Bullit
I have even seen some idiots that put the boost gauge on to "appear" as if it is blown.
Um....some people setup the guages before they get the S/Cer setup on the car...kind of like posting mods in their sig before they get them on their car....so it should be ok

Not being a jerk, but if thats what makes them happy...let em be happy.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:48 AM
mpol99

Originally posted by High_Velocity_Bullit
Watch out for the fast Saleens with a body kit . By that I mean the stock v6 that looks like it is the actual, but isn't. I have even seen some idiots that put the boost gauge on to "appear" as if it is blown. I dispise these mustang. I wouldn't even call them a mustang. They are owned by thiefs that want to appear to be fast. All show no go.
No way!! That is sorry. I used to OWN v6 stangs with my Sentra LOL, haha.....