Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

My Encounters With The E46 M3....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Quest330is

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the compliment TX, I just felt offended when I was told to go back to the BMW boards. I've got a 1992 325is with:
95 3.0L M3 motor
AA euro hfm
AA CAI
AA custom chip
AA trackpipe
ES Tuning exhaust

Like I mentioned before, I'm about a car and half behind the e46 M3 on the freeway so I just thought it would be sort of a fair match between my car and a 350Z.

You have nice 350Z and a lot of the cars I've seen on this site are really nice too. Those brakes and wheels really look good on your car.

I never meant any disrespect when I registered on this site but I was hoping to get treated as just another member instead of an "outsider" like a lot other boards do to people who dont own the same car as them. Peace.

Last edited by Quest330is; 05-01-2003 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:17 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Quest330is
Hey rod, no need to be rude, I was just asking for a simple friendly run. I didnt come on here and flame or start any sort of war, but I will go back to my BMW board where I actually get the same respect that I give.
no that is cool, stick around, just be cool, I don't want this to become a M3 VS Z board, as I love M3 and don't want to ever look at them as a rival (the E46 would beat me, equal drivers of course), I respect them!!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 02:27 PM
jooklum99

Originally posted by Quest330is
I never meant any disrespect when I registered on this site but I was hoping to get treated as just another member instead of an "outsider" like a lot other boards do to people who dont own the same car as them. Peace.
That's not a problem. I am a big fan of the M3's. They are great. I have always viewed them with a great deal of lust. So maybe when you race the 350Z I can be in the passenger seat... further the weight advantage for the Z. Seriously, though, nice car.

The fact that we are even having this discussion is a serious compliment to the Z.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Selski12

Cooler heads have prevailed!
Old 05-02-2003, 05:06 AM
jeffa55

I tried to read this whole thread, but it is so full of name calling that I probably missed some stuff...

If it has not been mentioned, I 'believe' that the article in R&T that had the Z going faster than the M3 on the race track was using an AUTOMATIC M3.

I am also just very confused why so many people get into this 'my car is faster than yours' thing. A car is a complete package and you purchase the car of your choosing because you like the complete package. For 30K, the Z is a great car that looks awesome, handles great, is easy to drive at the limit and is quite quick. For me, this complete package is why I bought the car. Personally, I do not believe the M3 or 911 are worth the $$. Now, that being said, they are GREAT CARS and are VERY fast, but I cannot imagine spending an extra 60K for a 911. If I were mega rich (of course) I would have bought the 911, but I am a 'bang for the buck' kind of guy so I bought a Z and have no payments to make. I definitely could have gone out and bought a SVT cobra or a SS camaro and had a much faster car, but (to me) those are just not good 'complete packages'.

Why can't we all just be happy with our cars?? AND appreciate other peoples cars??
Old 05-02-2003, 05:31 AM
jooklum99

lalakerzkobe8,
Make a note: coming to a forum and insulting the moderator is not smart. I would expect smart from a person who is calling another person a dumbass. You see, it's a funny thing, a personal attack on someone just because you don't like what they have to say does not invalidate the argument. See definition of "ad hominem" attack. This generally identifies it's user as the lesser person.

I think you are u dumbass.
"It is better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -- Abraham Lincoln.

First off you do sound like you want to get a run at an E46 because you think you can win.
What is wrong with this? He can and has won in his PERSONAL experience. I respect the person who is an empiricist.

em·pir·i·cism noun - The view that experience, especially of the senses, is the only source of knowledge.
Missouri is the "show me" state. Don't just tell me how great you are, bring it and show me. I would love to run an M3 (a well-driven M3), too. Not for bragging rights, but to see how the new 350Z performs against a known benchmark for performance... with the price tag to prove it.

But, my fellow members, if this should happen, I am sure that some non-believers will start making excuses no matter who wins. The point is that if you are not present, you don't KNOW what really happened. Should I lose a race like that, I will want to know what I did wrong as a driver...it's the only way to get better. Call it making excuses if you want to, it's a part of the learning process.

that punch to kobe was cheap and uncalled for. i no maybe kobe isn't as good of a fighter than childs but who cares? its basketball.
I completely agree with you. (You see, that did not hurt, I can debate with you on the issues without attacking you personally.)

lalakerzkobe8, come play on my level. I am a die hard Laker fan. I'd hate to think that other NBA fans would take your attitude and base their opinions of the Lakers on your words.

To the Bimmer members: We (the VAST majority of us) respect your cars. Without a doubt, they are the benchmark for performance cars in their class. I personally love the M3. It will be drawing comparisons for as long as it exists. Everyone will have the M3 in it's cross hairs. That's not personal, BMW has a winner on it's hands and they know it.

So with the utmost respect for the M3, I want to see the Z win Now that does not make the "loser" any less of a car. My respect/admiration for the M3 will grow should the Z lose.

I will say this, at the strip I believe that the M3 will win the majority of the races. But, that still does not translate to ALL. Happy hunting and welcome to our Euro-car brothers.

-Mig
Old 05-02-2003, 06:27 AM
rodH

Originally posted by jeffa55
If it has not been mentioned, I 'believe' that the article in R&T that had the Z going faster than the M3 on the race track was using an AUTOMATIC M3.

Why can't we all just be happy with our cars?? AND appreciate other peoples cars??
Actually it was an SMG, very diffferent than a traditional auto, read up some time.

Yes, we ALL are very happy with our cars, and I would still rather have an M3 or 911, but the article was pretty good
Old 05-02-2003, 07:44 AM
AngelGT2000

Originally posted by jooklum99
lalakerzkobe8,
Make a note: coming to a forum and insulting the moderator is not smart.
With all due respect, this thread should have never been posted in the first place by a Mod. They are the ones who are "supposed" to keep the order on the boards, remain neutral, and keep an open mind. Personally, it makes this site, as well as it's members, look bad. Some of the stuff TX said was uncalled for, could have been stated better, or better left unsaid.

Last edited by AngelGT2000; 05-02-2003 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:36 AM
m'sZ

jooklum99 -
I think that is the most intelligent post I have ever read on any car forum. Now with what you said out of the way, everyone shake hands, and have some FUN.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:38 AM
jooklum99

Perhaps you are right, AngelGT2000.

I interpreted what was written as TX just giving his experiences. Not to say that he could predict what would happen if they he raced and M3 in the future. I have a little different perspective because I know him (and other members) outside of just this forum. When you meet someone in person, you form an opinion. This filters the way you interpret their words. TX is a cool guy.

The problem is that people think that because a car performs better at a drag strip that this translates to it being better in EVERY other application. There have been magazines and videos that suggest that the raw 1/4 mile performance does not tell the whole story. No disrespect for either car. (I love 'em both, but can only afford one of them. )

This is a Z board and some of us over-hype our cars. Some visitors over-hype their cars. Most of us play nice and learn about each car's strengths and weaknesses. Look, I'll rev on a Viper when I want my a$$ handed to me. But that prospect does not scare me. I'll be grinning the whole time and then pull up beside him/her and give mad respect.

In the real world, those magazine numbers are like scouting reports. Hell, if every pro sports team had this mentality, they would never actually PLAY the game. That's what I got from TXSTYLE's post. People, just play the game...who knows, you MIGHT actually win.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:46 AM
jooklum99

Originally posted by msZ
jooklum99 -
I think that is the most intelligent post I have ever read on any car forum. Now with what you said out of the way, everyone shake hands, and have some FUN.
Thanks! I don't usually get that vocal but I just have a low tolerance for people who forget that they are adults. (I am not trying to insult anyone.) What we do here reflects on each of us...the whole. Since I am a part of that whole, I want to be sure that we are seen in a positive light.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:55 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by lalakerzkobe8
TX
I think you are u *. First off you do sound like you want to get a run at an E46 because you think you can win. Secondly your a * because you are embrassing other's on this forum because of your post. Just as we hate other forums doggin on our cars when they are clearly slower. I'd hate to think Bimmer memebers that come to our forum and see your site and base their opinion upon your *

ps
that punch to kobe was cheap and uncalled for. i no maybe kobe isn't as good of a fighter than childs but who cares? its basketball. if anyone is interested on reading on the insident: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...cks_lakers_ap/
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Voicing ones opinion is welcome here. Calling people out of their names is NOT! Especially a moderator who has, is, and will always be fair, respectfull, and considerate of others. It is time you take your namecalling and distasteful comments to another site...

TX
Old 05-02-2003, 10:06 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

jooklum99

I too must commend you on a VERY tactful and honest response. It is TRULY a shame that persons can not be mindful of others when replying. If I come across a post that I don't really agree with or care for, guess what, I move on to the next. I believe any "Reasonable and Prudent" person could read my posts and summerize that I ONLY expressed my experiences and furthermore did not bash, put down or otherwise the drivers or the car. My posts here speak for themselves. I have never nor will call someone out of their name or launch a personal attack.
Sheesh, I guess I shouldn't even mention the Viper I raced and hung with...... j/k

TX
Old 05-02-2003, 11:37 AM
jooklum99

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
jooklum99

I too must commend you on a VERY tactful and honest response. It is TRULY a shame that persons can not be mindful of others when replying. If I come across a post that I don't really agree with or care for, guess what, I move on to the next. I believe any "Reasonable and Prudent" person could read my posts and summerize that I ONLY expressed my experiences and furthermore did not bash, put down or otherwise the drivers or the car. My posts here speak for themselves. I have never nor will call someone out of their name or launch a personal attack.
Sheesh, I guess I shouldn't even mention the Viper I raced and hung with...... j/k

TX
Yeah TX, you forgot about life's over-riding principle..."THE UBIQUITY OF STUPIDITY" That explains it every time. Anyway, the post rubbed me the wrong way when I read it this morning. I drove 45min to work and re-read it and it still bothered me. So I just HAD to respond. Name calling has no place here. However it's a great place for a heated debate between rational adults.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:54 PM
DrDrilZ

Originally posted by AngelGT2000
With all due respect, this thread should have never been posted in the first place by a Mod. They are the ones who are "supposed" to keep the order on the boards, remain neutral, and keep an open mind. Personally, it makes this site, as well as it's members, look bad. Some of the stuff TX said was uncalled for, could have been stated better, or better left unsaid.
i dont think that just because txstyle is a mod, that he isnt entitled to post a kill story. it seems to me that he was just stating "his" encounters with m3's. not "all" m3's. im sure txstyle would be the first to come here and post a loss as well. give him a break!
Old 05-02-2003, 10:24 PM
TheLex

I just want to add my two cents here. I CHOSE the 350Z because I WANTED it. Now, I could easily afford a Porsche 996tt. Heck, my last car was a 1998 90k SL500sport that I purchased new. But I got tired of worrying about every little thing that could happen to my car. So I got the Z because I felt that for the money, it's the best damm performance bargain out there, and it would give me more usuable performance than I could ever hope for on the street. And after having the car for a short time, I can state that I made the right choice. I was after a certain driving EXPERIENCE, not chasing a status level.

As for which car is faster in a race, I think most seasoned professional drivers would tell you the biggest variable is not the machinery but the driver. The difference between the Z and an E46 M3 may be significant on a closed track with two drivers of the same ability, but in the real world the performance envelope of MANY high performance vehicles has significant overlap. It all boils down to your driving skill, your GUTS, and then at the bottom is the raw speed of your machine.

We should be grateful that there are so many high performance vehicles today. Heck, we've even got suv's that are as fast as yesterdays hot rods. And today's high performance cars get relatively good gas mileage, are reliable (anyone remember carburators?), SAFE, are comfortable, and even have big ol cupholders for Big Gulps to boot.

Let's get out there and enjoy the vehicle of our choice. I'm going for a drive tomorrow morning on the local mountain road!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Cabby

Hmmm, I have an e46 M3 and a G35 Coupe. I know the G35 and Z have slight differences, but the M is significantly "faster" if it matters. They are very different cars, the E46 is too much for the G, or the Z I would imagine.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:51 AM
hp99hp

I have an E46 m3 and im in Addison near the Galleria area. I'm down for a couple of friendly runs if you want to. What kind of run would you like to do? From a stop? roll? both? lemme know.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:30 PM
Blowpop

wow, i haven't posted in a while (already got my Z, but i'll talk about that when i post pics)......anyway i just wanted to support TXStyle.......my friend, on his first track run with his E46 M3 ran a 14.6.....soooo, it's possible that he beat those M3's

you should've seen the look on my friend's face, cause you're suppose to wear some sort of helmet at this track if you run 13's, and after that run, he took off his helmet like a guy taking off a condom from their ........ after not being able to do "the deed". hjahahahahaha

Quick Reply: My Encounters With The E46 M3....