Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Gingerman, South Haven, MI - June 21

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 10:56 AM
LaterApex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gingerman, South Haven, MI - June 21

The event previously scheduled for Gingerman this Saturday has been cancelled and the management is holding an Open Track Day. All day on the track for $125.

For those that want to attend, please send an e-mail or PM to me and I'll put up a list and send it to the track. Payment will be made at the track on the day of the event.

email = cash.h@worldnet.att.net

Track phone = 269-253-4445
Old 06-17-2003, 12:48 PM
Caswell

Why is it Gingerman always seems to host open track days when I've already got something going on? You think the wife would mind recovering at the track after having all four of her wisdom teeth extracted on Friday? I bet if I feed her enough painkillers she won't know what planet she's on...

Oh well, have fun out there.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:00 PM
max2000jp

Originally posted by Caswell
Why is it Gingerman always seems to host open track days when I've already got something going on? You think the wife would mind recovering at the track after having all four of her wisdom teeth extracted on Friday? I bet if I feed her enough painkillers she won't know what planet she's on...

Oh well, have fun out there.
They have open track days during the week.....It cost 50 bucks too
Old 06-18-2003, 08:32 AM
LaterApex

Here’s the process for Gingerman according to the track manager.

There is no prior registration for this Open Track Day. Applicants simply show and fill out what is called a “Test and Tune” form that has data fields that management will translate into “experience” and “equipment” information. Based on their analysis and the size of the “field” of cars/applicants, they will assign each applicant to a “run group.” The number of “run groups” will be determined prior to the commencement of track activity. By way of example, if 40 cars show and 10 are advanced, 25 are intermediate and 5 are novice, the groups will be A=10, B=25 and C=5. Five (5) of the A group will be asked to show one of the C group the proper line around the track by taking a C driver as a passenger or riding with the C driver during the C “session.”

Payment and registration will be located at Heidi’s Café located between the Classroom Building and the Fuel/Air Station and Toilet/Shower Station.

The current forecast for the day shows fairly warm weather. Accordingly, I suggest that you may want to bring a good supply of drinking water or electrolyte liquid to keep yourself sufficiently hydrated for the day’s activity.

I’ll be in the red, Honda S2000 with a King Motorsports banner on the windshield. Stop by to say hi. I’d like to meet as many “track junkie” folks as I can.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:55 PM
LaterApex

14 Cars and all of the track time that one person/car/karma could possibly want.

Thanks to Scott and Steve for coming and hope to have you there for the fall event at Gingerman.

I've got the S2000 club as a sponsor for the Fall Event and would like to have the 350Z club as a co-sponsor. Is there a formal 350Z club anywhere?