Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

13.5 N/A (motor) with a 1.9 60' retiring my N20 for good!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 12:05 AM
12SecZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 13.5 N/A (motor) with a 1.9 60' retiring my N20 for good!

Fun night.

Staging and Tree light problem during staging so Brandon backed up and turned off the arming switch. Just sits there and lets the other guy go. He fouls with a 4.75 RT and is out, bummer.

Ran all motor for a 13.8

Decided to take off the bottler opener and keep the bottle open (too many steps at staging and it was packed and hot (about 90 degrees) TC Off, stereo on (for warmer) etc gets ridicoulous man.

Find out my purge area is loose and leaking too. HRI is the worst installer in town and should be dealt with by ZEX but they suck anywayZ...

Make a half N20 pass and decide to park in the shade for about 2 hours. By now it's 85 degrees.

We have 2 wins so we are *in* for bracket racing.

At about 8pm it's about 75 degrees we strip the car, I mean even the stereo comes out and the floor mats anything not bolted down (we have EJ's tires on 26x10) we go to purge and air comes out, the bottle is empty. Either the guy ripped me off or just leaving it open with the purge leak sent my 36 bucks into the air. Personally, and this is the rumor at the track that I hope continues to circulate is Tognotti's is ripping people off with their Nitrous. Everyone talks about itand 2 of their guys quit over this.

So we do another run all motor with new plenum, no STB, and Brandon driving (about 100 lbs less than me) total probably 200 pounds lost. or 2 tenths after weight reductions and it's cooler. As cool as this car will get. This engine just stays hot at the track even if it sits an hour! It's an inferno or something in there

AnwayZ, Plenum still warm to touch

Burn out better than any V8 there, it's dialed.

Bam ***13.5 on motor folks.*** time slip in car.

Beat half the Camaro's on Camaro night. LOL! Love it.

3 more Z's there now too that's like 4 now reguraly. Luckily I have the bluw w/kit so I don't get confused, there are 2 black and 2 silver now. What happened to that girl with the track model and GTECH GRILLE?

Anwayz,
I'm tired of filling bottles man, it gets old but dang this motor with the plenum fly's! Plenum, Injen Intake, grounding kit and $300.00 crush bent exhaust lol 13.5 thanks for the use of the tires EJ!

My engine bay had no STB, no plastic, no shroud, and this huge Plenum with 6 Stinger wires coming off of it lol.

Next track day will be Borla Headers and ATI Pro Charger.

So I am retiring my N20 best at 12.7 and upping my N/A motor to 13.5 with a 1.9 60'.

Also is 13.1 on stock tires any record?

Didn't even need the bottle heater, it was hot all night and we were there till the lights all went off.

Best part of the night was this dragster pulls up on a trailer and the owner cuts him in and all lanes stand by and this thing lines up by it's self.

I call my home and leave the run on my answering machine.

It gets slideways at 60 feet and backs off a little and still does 6 seconds! The place went nuts! Car alarms are going off everywhere.

Why do people keep there car alarms on in line? Don't do it it's dumb man.

Anyways goodbye N20 it was nice. Be about 4 weeks before I'm back racing with my new setup.

EJ, I talked to the owner and bitched and moaned (Tony) about Saaturday's 65 bucks for two runs to Venom's 4 or 5 and he gave me a free entry in August for the North South Night!

Sweet! 65 bucks. Gave me a Sac Raceway Nitrous T-Shirt too (20 buck value) it helps that Brandon was there with this dynamic hottie in a Z28 that just is mesmerizing and Tony is like yeah, T-Shirt ok, yeah free N&S Tech slip yeah who is this hottie lol.

She is way cool she crawls under her car and changes her oil and had a cut out installed and shoved Brandon out of the way to jack up her car because she grought her own BFG DR's.

Yeah man Wednesdays are fun, gonna miss them.

See you out there in 4 weeks with the Blower and headers and whatever else.

Thanks everyone for following my N20 journey it's been real!
Old 07-03-2003, 12:07 AM
12SecZ

Default One more thing

This is an Auto folks with the pull the brake fuse mod!

Nice touch with that torque management crap.

I think I want a Z06
Old 07-03-2003, 01:08 AM
syf0n

DAMN dude, that is pretty freaking good for just CAI and exhaust (if I'm reading correctly!) In a couple of weeks when I've got the cat pipes, borla, and CAI on I should be able to run comparable times I think.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:28 AM
RD99SS

Max has a wee bit more than just CIA and exhaust...great job Max
Old 07-03-2003, 04:37 AM
CrazyBosnian

Nice times, beat half the camaros, huh? Now tell me something how do u beat half the camaros even modded now, when a friend of mine with a 2.73 geared car(the slowest car of the f-bodys), bone stock runs a 13.4 at 106.5 with a 2.1 60', how do u beat him?? By the way i've run faster on intake and exhaust only than you have on a 100 shot, i hate how u people think you are faster than some cars just cause u beat some at the track when u are on Drs and they are not...

Peace

P. S. Sorry about the rant, just seems like every freaking thread i read lately is like "i beat a camaro", no u didnt, you beat the driver, or the old 10 year old motor in it (LT1)

Last edited by CrazyBosnian; 07-03-2003 at 04:44 AM.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:47 AM
f r e z N Y

Originally posted by CrazyBosnian
P. S. Sorry about the rant, just seems like every freaking thread i read lately is like "i beat a camaro", no u didnt, you beat the driver, or the old 10 year old motor in it (LT1)
Dude. Why the ? Would you rather he note all the names of the drivers he beat or how about the # of miles on the engine? If he says he beat the car, that's good enough to gauge against real world conditions with the proportion of drivers and engines that aren't up to what you feel are adequate performance right? I'm sure there are people that you know who have faster cars and are better drivers, but then they would be the other half that he didn't beat, right?
Old 07-03-2003, 07:11 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

nice job MaxHax! Always looking forward to your thread

as for CrazyBosnian, a win is a win, it doesn't matter if Camaros has tons of hp / torque than the Z, if the driver slips, then it's a win!

Same goes the other way..
Old 07-03-2003, 08:10 AM
JZC

Nice runs, can't wait to see the procharger.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:46 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice run, thats an awesome e.t. for an NA auto. What was the trap speed on that run?
Old 07-03-2003, 08:53 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

........ i hate how u people think you are faster than some cars just cause u beat some at the track when u are on Drs and they are not...

Peace

How in the HELL do you know who was running what?....I've listened to you guys trash every victory over a domestic and i'm frickin' sick of it.....you don't have any lame *** excuses this time.....you're not talking to somebody who doesn't know camaro's........the MAJORITY of Max's cars have been domestics.......your buddy Caswell comes in here and starts that thread about "why all the car fanboyism", when you guys are the biggest frickin' fanboys of all!!!!......the camaro can never lose, and if it did, it was bad driver .......this is getting old
Old 07-03-2003, 08:58 AM
jizzler

w3rd
Old 07-03-2003, 09:00 AM
WashUJon

Nice times, beat half the camaros, huh? Now tell me something how do u beat half the camaros even modded now, when a friend of mine with a 2.73 geared car(the slowest car of the f-bodys), bone stock runs a 13.4 at 106.5 with a 2.1 60', how do u beat him?? By the way i've run faster on intake and exhaust only than you have on a 100 shot, i hate how u people think you are faster than some cars just cause u beat some at the track when u are on Drs and they are not...

Peace

Settle down, dude. Don't take things so personally. He didn't beat YOU or YOUR car, so no need to go off...

BTW, VERY nice runs, Max! This is really encouraging! Don't let these guys **** you off, either.

(A few of us don't get the whole thing some people have about defending their car's honor or whatever. The LS1 guys will never see me on their site doing what they do here. I really don't care what they say about my car or me or whatever on THEIR site.)

Last edited by WashUJon; 07-03-2003 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:00 AM
syf0n

I was trolling. My bad.

Last edited by syf0n; 07-03-2003 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:14 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by syf0n
I am not usually one to partake in this ages old arguement, but here's my potshot:

CrazyBosnian, you're a f*cking nut. Beating a Camaro, whether it be 10 years old or it had a bad driver, is beating a Camaro. If the car says Camaro on the back and you beat it, you beat a Camaro. Grow the hell up you inbred hick, stop bending reality to suit your rancid little redneck fantasies. You're doing it on the wrong car forums, anyway...
Come on now...

That's not really called-for either...

Old 07-03-2003, 10:25 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Okay, guys. This is turning ugly faster than any of the other threads have. So keep it civil, DO NOT start calling people names, and DO NOT start bashing other people's cars. This is REALLY getting old, and since the regular warnings don't seem to work any more, we may have to start taking more drastic measures. There is really no need for this constant bickering--from BOTH sides. I know it's not always LS1 guys who start this crap.

BTW, Max--good runs. And let me know how that ProCharger works out for you. I want it BAD, but I'm afraid to be one of the first, ya know what I mean?
Old 07-03-2003, 12:02 PM
WS.6 MAN

Thumbs up Sweet Run

Sweet times you got there max
What kind of power should you gain with that Pro Charger?

How much power is capable with stock internals?

Just Curious.

P.S.

I'm new here so please don't call me a LS1 troll
Old 07-03-2003, 12:24 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Default Re: Sweet Run

Originally posted by WS.6 MAN
Sweet times you got there max
What kind of power should you gain with that Pro Charger?

How much power is capable with stock internals?

Just Curious.

P.S.

I'm new here so please don't call me a LS1 troll
We're totally cool when people of all "car backgrounds" show up and ask real questions--it's when they start meaningless fights that we get mad.

The ATI Procharger is claiming 370 at the wheels, on stock internals, 7 pounds of boost, and a CAI, and intercooler.

Any other questions you may have, let us know!
Old 07-03-2003, 04:42 PM
Zmeflyby

nice time wid an auto..
so wat was the trap speed anywayz?
Old 07-03-2003, 04:58 PM
2000 SS

I think the Procharger will be the way to go. I was sick of hearing all this hype about the Greddy TT. Although Motortrend driver's aren't the greatest, a 106 trap speed is pathetic for that kind of upgrade. That's only a few mph than an all bolt on N/A 350z ATI's is responsible for some of the fastest ponycars on earth! I think they'll also bring us the fastest 350z's

Quick Reply: 13.5 N/A (motor) with a 1.9 60' retiring my N20 for good!