Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Nissan's New Owner Survey

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:51 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Nissan has gotten their last dime from me - I'll do my own oil changes (always have)
and "30 point inspection" and stamp my own damn book. The only time they will see me is for warranty work, like now since my passenger window comes back halfway down when using auto-up.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:29 PM
tjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are any of you guys listening to yourselves????

Your feeling cheated that you didn't get enough free stuff out of the dealer in exchange for an Excellent rating on the survey --- while at the same time there are several threads about crappy Nissan service and how they should step it up?

This is the one time you have to tell the good ones Great Job and the bad ones that they need work. Plus, dealers will tell you they need a blanket "excellent" when in reality the survey is broken down into sections, so if the salesman was great and the F&I guy was a dope - you can rate them accordingly.

To me, improving the breed for the next guy is better than a free shifter.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:08 PM
JDUB34

Originally Posted by tjr
Are any of you guys listening to yourselves????

Your feeling cheated that you didn't get enough free stuff out of the dealer in exchange for an Excellent rating on the survey --- while at the same time there are several threads about crappy Nissan service and how they should step it up?

This is the one time you have to tell the good ones Great Job and the bad ones that they need work. Plus, dealers will tell you they need a blanket "excellent" when in reality the survey is broken down into sections, so if the salesman was great and the F&I guy was a dope - you can rate them accordingly.

To me, improving the breed for the next guy is better than a free shifter.
your right... i couldnt resist the freebies though... i thought about writing up the survey legit, but in the end, i couldnt resist the goodies... but writing out the survey myself and forgettin about all the free stuff wouldve been the right thing to do.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smoothludey
when you guys bought your Z (new), did they offer the first oil change for free? Is that something the dealership offers or is that standard stuff?
Yes.

The survey helps them get a better choice on cars and trucks. Nissan wants their best dealers to have their best cars/trucks to sell.

Filled mine out just tonight. I pinged the dealer on the door dings that the car was delivered with ... the base, touring, and enthuiast models didn't have a ding on them but the track had a couple hundred miles and the 35th coupe had the door dings. They took care of them and I can't even tell where they were at.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So far so good for me. I will fill out the survery based upon all experiences. If they pester me about the survery, I'll be sure to let Nissan know.

If they do their jobs right, there should be nothing to worry about.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:36 PM
EteRnal PAL

The internet sales manager told me this. I'm not entirely sure it is true, but it seems plausible.

The reason they want "Excellent" ratings is because that's how the internet department makes their commission. The internet department is all about quantity, not quality. They need to sell a certain amount of cars every single month. If they get "Excellent" ratings all around, they get great commission.

Now for the floor salesman, they make commission from the sales of every single car. That's why they are so pushy and price customers so high. By going through the internet department, you are more likely to get the car at invoice price, or a little above. As long as you do your research online and come in with an offer, you should be able to get your car at a reasonable price.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:56 AM
mooredc

It's a game and I do not know why they bother with the surveys.

I would think Nissan is aware that dealers are paying off the customers to get the great ratings, they certainly should be.

BTW, I know Honda does the same thing and I would not doubt it is common practice for all makes.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:16 AM
zownz

this is the deal guys...the salesman that sells you the car works on comission...every car he sells he gets 100 bux...and some percentage of the difference between the price of the car you buy it for...and the actual price the dealer pays...if you put everything excellent on survey..the salesman gets another 100 bux..thats why they stress it so much...sure they offer you free detail and etc..but thats not their money..they just put that on the company credit card =)
Old 04-14-2005, 09:39 AM
maxpowers

No it was the service manager that told me this, not the sales manager.

Originally Posted by jackie chan
why was your sales guy going to put the car up on the lift and fix your tranny whine for you?
Old 04-18-2005, 08:24 PM
ironviet

I always thought survey's are straight forward. When you fill them out you should answer them honestly. If you didn't receive "excellent" service don't mark excellent. All these dumb sales and service people don't do them selves or us any favors by giving us freebies when the service they give is not top notch and they expect us to fill out all excellents in return for a tank of gas and a detail. Would the offer still be good if you marked it all good? Ask them that. These survey's help Nissan corp monitor how dealerships are representing the company. All excellent survey's will only tell Nissan we are all satisfied everytime and dealers will continue to screw us or give us bad service in any other circumstance. If they do a good job praise them but if not let Nissan know with the survey's.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:31 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Yeah, I thought some of these questions were kind of strange.

34. Did the dealer try to bribe you to get an "Excellent" rating?

[ ] Yes

35. We know. What did they bribe you with? (Please check all that apply.)

[ ] 350Z key chain, tee-shirt and/or cap
[ ] Tank of gas
[ ] Oil change
[ ] Awkward compliments
[ ] I think they gave me a STD

36. Well, did you take it?

[ ] Yes
[ ] Yes, but I obviously didn't know about the STD until later

37. Now please rate this survey. (If you choose "Excellent," we will send you $25.)

[ ] Not bad at all
[ ] Pretty good
[ ] Good
[ ] Better
[ ] Excellent

38. Did the dealer ever threaten to harm you if you did not rate him well? (Remember, we know where you live.)

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

39. That's what we thought, punk. And this survey better be in the mailbox by tomorrow if you know what's good for you.

40. Oh yeah, and you know that $25?

[ ] Yes

41. Don't hold your breath, sucker! Hahaha.
Some of them aren't even really questions.

Last edited by nbdyfcnsqnc; 04-19-2005 at 02:37 AM.