New Owners Welcome to the Family!

[MERAH] my 2003 350Z track

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 07:49 PM
MERAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [MERAH] my 2003 350Z track

hi guys,

been here for a while, but i've been lurking and reading... trying to read as much as i can before i start posting.... wouldnt want to ask a stupid question if the answer are everywhere...

now i think its time for me to introduce my self... my name is Silas, im 24, im a full-time QA engineer / part-time photographer, and im all the way down here in Melbourne, Australia.... hope thats ok :P....

i used to own a 2004 Mazda3 SP23 (dont laugh :P): http://-merah-.blogspot.com/

after owning it for 2.5 years, its been a great car in it class... but things keep breaking down.... i've broke: third gear, halfshaft, driveshaft twice, blown gearbox case (nice 2inch holes on it), motor mount 3 times, gearbox mount once, and CV joint...

i realised that the car is not really designed for track, drag, and other motorsport.... so since i've paid it off this year, i'm starting to look for a better car.... my options was VW R32 MK4, RX8, and 350Z.... i've always loved the RX8, and have test driven it soo many times.... but after i test drove the 350Z, i get hooked

so here it is.... in my garage

2003 350Z track, with 25000km... perfect condition except for the paint...

i think the previous owner washed it with sand paper... coz the swirl marks is way beyond what i can tolerate.... so my first move is bring it to my mate (car detailer) for cut/polish, then slap a thick carnauba wax on it.... it took 12 hours coz my mate had to go thru the whole car 4 times with the buffer machine

--------------
before after comparo

--------------

and this is the 'after' shot... thx heaps for chompies! what a magic job....

i enjoy the car so far... and i havent found the need to mod anything yet.... everything about the 350z is still too good for me (well, before i only have mazda3 that only made 110kw atw)... and from the FWD to RWD will take a bit of time for me to adjust....

this forum is great btw, well done guys.... i've been reading it everyday.... man, 350Z does have alot more aftermarket options... :P

regards,
Silas

Last edited by MERAH; 09-21-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:34 AM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome fellow Antipidean. Have fun, you'll love driving a rear wheel drive car, so much so that driving a front wheel drive car you'll want to get there and get out as soon as possible. Enjoy!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:54 AM
350z4Smitty

Hey is that just a wax job?!?! Man that's pretty nice. I see you used the painters tape for the edges. Was it a pain getting the tape off? Seriously is that really just a deep wax job? I don't have any swirls but I may do the same just to get ready for the winter.

I don't plan to drive it in the winter unless it's completely dry outside. I've heard that the colder air increases the performance so I'm curious about running it in the winter.

Any wax recomendations? I've heard about Mequires..just been using Turtlewax.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:24 AM
MERAH

Originally Posted by 350z4Smitty
Hey is that just a wax job?!?! Man that's pretty nice. I see you used the painters tape for the edges. Was it a pain getting the tape off? Seriously is that really just a deep wax job? I don't have any swirls but I may do the same just to get ready for the winter.

I don't plan to drive it in the winter unless it's completely dry outside. I've heard that the colder air increases the performance so I'm curious about running it in the winter.

Any wax recomendations? I've heard about Mequires..just been using Turtlewax.
its a full cut and polish (went thru the whole car 4 times, from the strongest pads to the finest one - the finest one remove the haze) then i waxed it....

i use the 'Mequires yellow wax', contains carnauba blend... its quite good and last around 3 months ($90AUD for one small container), but if you have the money, try 'zymol'... lol its very expensive.... :P around $10,000 AUD here for lifetime refill... :P i think thats too extreme....

turtlewax? heard about that... but im not sure... havent had a chance to try one... how is it? is it good?
Old 10-08-2006, 03:10 PM
fatlip20s

Thumbs up

good choice in cars you will love the performance and to your auto detailer great job
Old 10-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Gators2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ConGratZ!

Nice waxing!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:07 PM
InSaNeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice and welcome!