Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

2007 Daytona Blue Enthusiast 6MT - It arrived early!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:30 PM
hiz-n-herz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride. Do us a favor... put it up on the lift and take some pics from underneath... Some people say true dual exhaust and some say single. Either way, the brochure says larger diameter exhaust. But I would like to see it... maybe the y-pipe to see if it differs from the 06....

Thanks, I owe ya!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:13 AM
rhaas

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
Nice ride. Do us a favor... put it up on the lift and take some pics from underneath... Some people say true dual exhaust and some say single. Either way, the brochure says larger diameter exhaust. But I would like to see it... maybe the y-pipe to see if it differs from the 06....

Thanks, I owe ya!
If the car were still at the dealership, I would take some pics on the lift. The exhaust is definitely NOT true dual. I can try to reach under and take pics of the Y pipe if you'd like.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:23 AM
stein

Originally Posted by 350JAR
WOW Beautiful Z Congrats...I want an 07 lol

I want one because of the relocation of the dipstick!

Congrats on the Z, nice color
Old 02-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice choice in color
Old 02-06-2007, 05:07 PM
jeeper78

very very nice. You sir, have good taste.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:10 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005daytonaZ
Yeah...the new hood doesnt look too bad on the DB. Congrats on the new ride...now start modding
+1 ... The hood is starting to grow me. Congrats on the new Z!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Tenac1ousZ

That DB looks awesome. I know the new hood looks much better in person, but that DB color makes it look even nicer. What ever you do, do NOT put 20" chrome rims on it!!

By the way, that camera used to take the dealer pix of you and the Z - must be a digital SLR with a 50mm lens or similar?
Old 02-08-2007, 10:50 AM
rhaas

Originally Posted by Tenac1ousZ
That DB looks awesome. I know the new hood looks much better in person, but that DB color makes it look even nicer. What ever you do, do NOT put 20" chrome rims on it!!

By the way, that camera used to take the dealer pix of you and the Z - must be a digital SLR with a 50mm lens or similar?
Thanks, and don't worry about the rims. I actually think the stock 18s look pretty good, although I'm almost afraid to go searching for weight info. If anything, I might eventually go for some used OEM Track wheels if I see a set for the right price.

The camera is actually just an Olympus C-3020.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...ils.asp?id=720
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/c3020.html

Funny thing about the hood: I remember thinking that all of the pre-release pictures we saw had been Photoshopped but now some of the known real pictures look fake too! The lines in the new hood combined with metallic paint certainly create some interesting effects.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Tenac1ousZ

Originally Posted by rhaas
Thanks, and don't worry about the rims. I actually think the stock 18s look pretty good, although I'm almost afraid to go searching for weight info. If anything, I might eventually go for some used OEM Track wheels if I see a set for the right price.

The camera is actually just an Olympus C-3020.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...ils.asp?id=720
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/c3020.html

Funny thing about the hood: I remember thinking that all of the pre-release pictures we saw had been Photoshopped but now some of the known real pictures look fake too! The lines in the new hood combined with metallic paint certainly create some interesting effects.

I'm surprised that Olympus has such shallow depth of field (blurry background). Looks cool.

Yeah, the track rims would look pretty nice on your new '07, not the mention the added performance you'd get from lighter wheels. I think your stockers are in the 21 lbs range. That VQ-hr is going to be pretty fun after breakin and some mods. Enjoy the ride.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:25 AM
JAB_06-350Z

Great looking car. Congrats!
Old 03-10-2007, 03:45 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deftones
Nah it's like this...

San Marino Blue replaces Le Mans Sunset
Solar Orange replaces Interlagos Fire
Carbon Silver replaces Silverstone

First DB with the new hood I've seen. Looks nice man. Good job getting it before the drill got to the bumper. Don't be suprised when the passenger side window comes back up with streaks and that smell doesn't go away after a week of driving ;p My guess is, it's the plastic plenum. Remember: under 70 for 1200 ;p

+1 on the first DB 07. On the colors IMO its more like this:

Solar Orange Replaced Le Mans Sunset
San Marino Blue was added becuase there's no special color like IF, BY, SY.
Carbon Silver is Silverstone just the name has changed.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:19 AM
Hawaiianbro

damn that looks good makes me more eage to just buy a auto Ethu but i want the 6MT though.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:45 AM
tomiegunzz

Originally Posted by Hawaiianbro
damn that looks good makes me more eage to just buy a auto Ethu but i want the 6MT though.
Deff get a MT. Youl be kicking yourself in the *** later if you dont.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:10 AM
ncdoc

Awesome looking ride. My 2003 was DB and I was very close to ordering it again. I think it is sort of an exotic color. Goes great with the Z.

ncdoc
Old 03-17-2007, 11:06 AM
rhaas

Originally Posted by Hawaiianbro
I'd highly recommend waiting to get the car you want. Buying your Z should be a positive experience and you don't want to regret it later.

If you can't find the configuration you want in stock, shop around for a dealer who will order one for you. I was told that the maximum time from order until delivery would be three months (I know, could have been BS, but my dealership seemed relatively honest). I got lucky, though, and a car with my options was already built and in Nissan North America inventory but not assigned to any dealership yet.

There's always the possibility of a dealer trade, too, if you don't mind going that route.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:51 PM
JasonLee07

I agree, I'm willing to wait to get exactly what I wanted. I ordered an 07 DB Enthusiast a couple days ago and they said it could take 6-8 weeks.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by Deftones
Nah it's like this...

San Marino Blue replaces Le Mans Sunset
Solar Orange replaces Interlagos Fire
Carbon Silver replaces Silverstone

First DB with the new hood I've seen. Looks nice man. Good job getting it before the drill got to the bumper. Don't be suprised when the passenger side window comes back up with streaks and that smell doesn't go away after a week of driving ;p My guess is, it's the plastic plenum. Remember: under 70 for 1200 ;p
They just told me to stay under 6500 RPM - and to drive it the same as I always would otherwise (warm it up, drive it "briskly", and change RPM often).......not good after yesterday's back road adventure
Old 03-22-2007, 08:57 AM
KManZ
Banned

Default Back from the dead!

Just thought I would dust myself off and post up to say that your car is simply amazing Tinted windows is about all this car needs, everything else is perfect!

I had an 03 DB and loved every square inch of her sheet metal! Sadly, I had to let her go 2 years back so I could better afford college. Since then I had decided that I would own a Nissan again, and it would be a G35... but after some careful consideration and seeing *your* car, my mind was quickly changed... I am coming back to the Z family after graduation!!!!

Thanks man, and congrats!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:59 PM
rhaas

Originally Posted by KManZ
Just thought I would dust myself off and post up to say that your car is simply amazing Tinted windows is about all this car needs, everything else is perfect!

I had an 03 DB and loved every square inch of her sheet metal! Sadly, I had to let her go 2 years back so I could better afford college. Since then I had decided that I would own a Nissan again, and it would be a G35... but after some careful consideration and seeing *your* car, my mind was quickly changed... I am coming back to the Z family after graduation!!!!

Thanks man, and congrats!
Go for it and enjoy!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:06 PM
davidgaddy

Nice car I am happy for you but next time do n't stand so gay in the pic.

Quick Reply: 2007 Daytona Blue Enthusiast 6MT - It arrived early!