Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Z owner! (2007 Grand Touring, w/ pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:43 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkVeil
I find it amusing how so many are at least as excited about the improved dipstick in the VQHR than the rest of the hardware. The '03-'06 dipstick must be pretty damn bad!
It has to be seen to be believed.

Originally Posted by DarkVeil
Hmm.. about the Clear Bra, it seems like people have pretty conflicting opinions about whether or not you should apply polish or wax before it gets installed. I searched the forums and didn't find any concrete info. The company that's going to be applying mine recommended to Wash, Clay and Polish/Wax appropriately before bringing it in. In my case, the car has barely been driven so there's no reason to use the Clay. The paint is pristine! But I'm still torn about the wax/polish -- leaning toward doing it, though.
One of my friends is going through a warranty claim with the clear bra on the front of his 350, baked on bugs, which the dealer is unable to remove either.
Nothing beats a good solid coat of wax IMO.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:23 AM
DarkVeil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the nice remarks everyone!

So I got the 3M Scotchgard installed last week, and I have to say it's much less intrusive than I expected, especially on Magnetic Black! You can hardly notice it from beyond a few feet from the car, and even when you right up on it you can only detect the seams at certain lighting angles. Also, the material is much thinner than I thought it would be -- it looks great!

BTW, as recommended by many of you (and the installer), I did end up doing a full Zaino pass over the vehicle the day before I brought it in to get the 3M applied. I definitely think it was the right thing to do, since the shading on the car looks absolutely seamless between the paint and the Clear Bra!

FYI, the installer was Wheel Dynamix in Natick, MA. The material was cut beautifully and the application looks great -- there's a small bubble on the driver's side mirror and a single tiny film blemish on the bumper, but overall a really good install.

I'll try post some new pictures this weekend.

Originally Posted by BRONZEE
One of my friends is going through a warranty claim with the clear bra on the front of his 350, baked on bugs, which the dealer is unable to remove either.
Nothing beats a good solid coat of wax IMO.
Interesting.. thanks for the info! I haven't had a chance to fully polish the car since I had the Clear Bra installed -- only a quick wash with a coat of Zaino CS. But I've been careful to clear the bugs off the bumper every day until I have time to do a thorough wash/wax.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

...Must...Tint...Windows
Old 05-14-2007, 05:19 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ear rings + long hair...

Kidding aside, congrats on a fine choice with the Z. That new motor is amazing, isn't it?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 PM
CivicDelSlow

I see your pecker in the bumper reflection.

Congrats on the furkin SWEET *** new Z
Old 05-19-2007, 07:31 PM
szeman4

so what is the deal with the 4 month drama. I just ordered the same exact car 2 weeks ago and hope there is no "dealer drama" please let me know what to expect. thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 04:58 AM
Kristi
I am Awesome

Wink

Originally Posted by I1DER
Wow! Nice car. Sounds like you have been very involved in the acquisition process. I smile everytime I see that yellow, perfectly placed dipstick.

yes yes yes I get excited when I see dip sticks too <3