New Owners Welcome to the Family!

my 03

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:20 AM
user 83778
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 03

Ok, I've had my Z for a little while. Its been babied, but I only recently got an account here, and this will be my first post.

http://home.comcast.net/~tau_gamma/IMG_1210.jpg

Thats her, "Kasha". 2003, Redline Touring. The cutlass is mine too, but the NSX is my brother inlaw's. I have new rims since then, I'll get around to a picture of that too.

And because every first post should have a story, here's mine. I recently became unemployed. I didn't exactly quit or get fired, the office i was managing lost the contract, and instead of taking a $100k job in San Jose, I decided I'm going to get my degree. I reduced my insurance to liability only (I own her). I wasn't going to drive more than 3 miles a week, so I figured it would be fine.

You know where this is going, right? This was on Friday. On Sunday I had it parked on the side of the street while my dad was working in the garage. This street has very little traffic. Most people have alley entrances, and the most traffic the street gets is neighborhood kids. Well, I was drinking a beer at my neighbors and my dad calls me back, something went wrong. I came back to 3 cop cars, 2 cop trucks, an ambulance and two firetrucks taking up the entire street. The neighbor saw it all, apparently a lady had a seizure, turned onto our street, and hit my Z. She missed the Dodge Ram, the stakebed work truck, the rusty nissan pickup, but not my Z. I guess her tires were peeling out behind my car until the EMS killed her engine. She was unconscious and swollen. they had to break into her window to open up the car. I hope she will be alright because the investigating cop couldn't find her insurance card. Which means I may need to take her to court.

My bumper is fine, just off alignment with the hatch by about 1/8 inch, and it split the paint inside the plate holder. Can't really tell it has any damage, but I'm taking it to the dealership on Tuesday to have it checked out.

My neighbor Brad said, "Well, too bad about your porsche." Lol.

But Aggggg, this sucks. Anyone ever deal in the courts with someone without insurance? Any advice on what to do next?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:58 AM
I1DER

Well, first find out if she has insurance. I guess if she didn't pull through, it would be "had" insurance. Some people forget to put their insurance card in their car. Then the question is does/did she have any money to go after. If not, you will be spinning your wheels and spend more in court costs than it will take to fix the Z. Actually you were lucky. It could have been a lot worse.

With that happy note, Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:51 PM
user 83778
Banned

Thanks. I may consult with the a lawyer friend, to see was my options are. If it doesn't make financial sense, I won't do it.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 PM
VQZ33_Jake

thats to bad man..i hope everything works out for you, i dont know what i would do if it was me in your shoes, i probibly would have had a heart attack or sadly finish the job that her "seizure" didnt, if you catch my drift.

Just like "I1der" said though, if she doesnt have any insurance and no money, than your kind of looking at a IOU or worse.

is that 100k job still open?! just kidding man, I hope everything works out in your favor.

Jake
Old 07-02-2007, 10:57 PM
sno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure you didn't have uninsured motorist coverage on your liability?