Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Just purchased a 08 350z

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010 | 06:50 PM
Sd Livin

Originally Posted by FilthyZ
I would ask for a carfax as well. Who knows if this thing was in a wreck and they just replaced the pieces with cheaper parts. Check for Vin numbers on your parts to make sure they match. If they don't then more than likely it was a wreck. Little things like, Windshield wiper reservoir, horns, etc that are often over looked when repairing a car.
I have the carfax and there was no previous accidents. It only had one owner. The owner also took of the atenna but the dealer just took one off the convertable z for me
Old 04-14-2010 | 06:51 PM
IronAss

I don't know what kind of wheels those r either but they arent the stock 07-08... sorry bro
Old 04-14-2010 | 06:51 PM
illjim69

Originally Posted by Sd Livin
and I traded in a 03 accord v6 ha and got around 7k for it. Now you got me all worried they did like an engine swap on it haha . I looked in it and it was for sure the hr z with the duel intake but you made me paranoid haha thx
I doubt that they parted out the engine. I am just saying that IMO, it is shady to take OE equipment off a car just because you are going to trade/sell it in an attempt to make some more money.

This is no knock on you at all, how were you to know? I am just saying that something like headlights are part of the total car. We aren't talking about a stereo or wheels here. The old owner is a moron and cheapskate.

Either way, enjoy the car man, the engine is the best part anyway. But now you know, change out those headlights when you get a chance.
Old 04-14-2010 | 06:55 PM
Sd Livin

Originally Posted by illjim69
I doubt that they parted out the engine. I am just saying that IMO, it is shady to take OE equipment off a car just because you are going to trade/sell it in an attempt to make some more money.

This is no knock on you at all, how were you to know? I am just saying that something like headlights are part of the total car. We aren't talking about a stereo or wheels here. The old owner is a moron and cheapskate.

Either way, enjoy the car man, the engine is the best part anyway. But now you know, change out those headlights when you get a chance.
haah thanks a lot . Im already looking into that. I think he was cheapskate because it sounded like the previous owner had lost his job and had to sell it . So it all makes sense now , but none the less im glad to of moved from an accord to a z
Old 04-14-2010 | 06:56 PM
Sd Livin

Originally Posted by IronAss
I don't know what kind of wheels those r either but they arent the stock 07-08... sorry bro
yes I know . Its not a brand new car and I already have aftermarket wheels on it so thx anyways
Old 04-14-2010 | 06:58 PM
IronAss

these r stock 07-08 wheels...
Attached Thumbnails Just purchased a 08 350z-img_0354.jpg   Just purchased a 08 350z-img_0356.jpg  
Old 04-14-2010 | 06:59 PM
illjim69

Definitely not Z wheels. I don't even know if they came off of a RWD car. Previous owner probably sold the stockers as well.

EDIT - now that I see the previous owner had to sell because he couldn't afford it (rolls eyes), it all makes sense. There are some things on a car that you normally part out, headlights are not a normal thing, unless you UPGRADE and sorry but those are not upgrades.

Anyways man, I am done about the headlights, sorry man. I just get worked up sometimes when it comes to morons. Seriously, how bad is your life that you need to part out your undamaged 2 year old car. LOL. Original owner is a loser.

OP you are right man, nice upgrade from the Accord. Have fun brotha.

Last edited by illjim69; 04-14-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:00 PM
Sd Livin

these r stock 07-08 wheels...
thx again but I have newer wheels on now
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:02 PM
Sd Livin

Definitely not Z wheels. I don't even know if they came off of a RWD car. Previous owner probably sold the stockers as well.
no offense but the wheels on the car in that picture look nicer than those stock ones Stock ones are dull
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:04 PM
kno

tah fak no one know were those wheels came from? its from a 06 g35. op that car looks dropped. i hope your wanting to mod this if not you got ripped
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:06 PM
Sd Livin

Originally Posted by kno
tah fak no one know were those wheels came from? its from a 06 g35. op that car looks dropped. i hope your wanting to mod this if not you got ripped
Pretty sure it's not dropped but I wouldn't care anyway
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:11 PM
Sd Livin

EDIT - now that I see the previous owner had to sell because he couldn't afford it (rolls eyes), it all makes sense. There are some things on a car that you normally part out, headlights are not a normal thing, unless you UPGRADE and sorry but those are not upgrades.

Anyways man, I am done about the headlights, sorry man. I just get worked up sometimes when it comes to morons. Seriously, how bad is your life that you need to part out your undamaged 2 year old car. LOL. Original owner is a loser.

OP you are right man, nice upgrade from the Accord. Have fun brotha.
haha thx man . Does the car look dropped to you like said above?
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:20 PM
illjim69

Originally Posted by Sd Livin
haha thx man . Does the car look dropped to you like said above?
It does in the pic, but it is hard to tell from that angle.

Got any more pics?
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:24 PM
illjim69

Here are the 06+ headlights.........biggest change was the orange strip being removed and replaces with LEDs. Not to mention the HIDs were standard and the lenses were different/better.

Old 04-14-2010 | 07:31 PM
ChuckD05

the hood paint seems off..

here is my guess, original owner had aftermarket wheels, sold them and got these stock 03+ g35 coupe wheels for cheap. And prob sold his stock wheels when he origninally got rims...

and for the headlights....

he was in a minor fender bender where he didnt call cops or insurance and just fixed it himself out of pocket, buying the 03 headlights which are much cheaper and most likely easier to get.

Check around your black grill area for signs of a respray, like if the lines arent perfectly straight where it meets the black plastic...

Even if thats all the case, its really no big deal.... My bumper has been repsrayed 2 times on my 09 370, once to match the paint better as warranty work from nissan and some young kid backed into me at the grocery store. I was parked all alone too, come out to a my car dented and no car around, a few minutes later a teenager and his father showed up to let me know they hit it... lol his father paid out of pocket to fix it, and same shop painted it twice... second time i got a new bumper cover.

none of this will show up on car fax, so you cant just go by that.. but regardless its a sweet car you got and a decent deal.

Pics of car with new wheels ? or what wheels did you get ?

Last edited by ChuckD05; 04-14-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:38 PM
ChuckD05

i also think the car looks lowered.. check the color of your springs and look for writing on them. These are just things that if you noticed you could have haggled with the dealer to take more money off..

A buddy of mine just had a dealership giving him off the msrp what it costs for 4 stock wheels and tires because they replaced the oem wheels with aftermarket wheels after they were stolen. He setteld on a deal that was -4,300 off the orininal asking price because there were aftermarket rims on it...

It was the new mazda rx8 s3 package or something.. 31k sticker he had down to 25 and change... he liked the rims on it too, its just not oem equipment and it could turn out in your favor if you dont mind the changes.
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:40 PM
IronAss

I wanna see the new wheels also.
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:42 PM
Sd Livin

It does in the pic, but it is hard to tell from that angle.

Got any more pics?
yes here
Attached Images   
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:46 PM
Sd Livin

Originally Posted by ChuckD05
i also think the car looks lowered.. check the color of your springs and look for writing on them. These are just things that if you noticed you could have haggled with the dealer to take more money off..

A buddy of mine just had a dealership giving him off the msrp what it costs for 4 stock wheels and tires because they replaced the oem wheels with aftermarket wheels after they were stolen. He setteld on a deal that was -4,300 off the orininal asking price because there were aftermarket rims on it...

It was the new mazda rx8 s3 package or something.. 31k sticker he had down to 25 and change... he liked the rims on it too, its just not oem equipment and it could turn out in your favor if you dont mind the changes.
haha alright thx for the info . He saved a lot damn
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:46 PM
illjim69

Could just be my browser, but those pics aren't working.

Quick Reply: Just purchased a 08 350z