New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Z...Old Speakers...Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:55 PM
huytran408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Z...Old Speakers...Help

Sup fellas,

I just picked up a 2005 stock 350z and I recently put in a new Pioneer head unit, but for some reason the rear back left speaker doesn't work. I tested it with the right speak wires and it seems to have gotten blown. The rear right works but it's not as equally loud as the front speakers when they are at the same volume

Question #1: Is that normal that the rear speakers aren't as loud and clear as the front ones? Is it because the fronts are component speakers?

I also want to replace the door speakers but I'm a little confused with the setup. There are tweeters, so does that mean there is a crossover somewhere hidden?

Question 2. Can i replace the speaker with full range speakers? or best to get components?

The component speakers I want come with crossovers? When installing do I need to install the crossover? Or is it as simple as replacing the tweets and the door speaker and use the stock crossover?

Thanks for any help..looking to pimp this ride.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:27 PM
07maximan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rear is really only for "fill". Our cars are so small you don't need them. In a nice system you won't even use rears.

As far as new speakers stick with a good comp set. The stock set up doesn't have a crossover but any after market sets do have one. Hide it in the door.