Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Greetings from NY! [puts on 350Z owner hat]

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 05:48 PM
Tachiro-X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from NY! [puts on 350Z owner hat]

Figured i might as well introduce myself before I go into indefinite lurker mode.
Got this in the mail a couple of weeks ago (had it shipped from Illinois to NY). Needs some mild work, but i'm not finding these issues to be terribly overwhelming, which i'm quite excited about. Here's a thought log:

- Trunk struts were shot. replaced them and they work great now. that was noted in the description.
- Window motor/regulator issue (the seller mentioned that too). Driver side window goes up but then always comes back down halfway. I gotta play with the switch to get it to go up and seal. The passenger side window doesn't move at all. I do hear a click when I touch the switch though. I'll post with more detail in the appropriate section.
- The bumper and the front edge of the hood has a galaxy of nicks that i'm looking for the cleverest way to fix.
- I'm not a fan of chrome rims, so sooner or later i'm looking to switch them out for something else. Might plastidip them in the meantime.
- I can't wait to replace this stock radio! Currently looking at single DIN mounting kits to throw in the aftermarket one i have here.
- Also considering using an xperia Z Ultra for a tablet mounting project, once I wrap up this 3D printing course i'm taking. The how-tos i'm seeing online are mind-blowing.

That's all I can think of, cheers.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:00 AM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

1. They're not rims! They're wheels!
2. Hopefully you paid with respect to the existing issues on the car
3. Replacing stock radio made a huge improvement to my driving-boner on the daily. Looks far better, sounds amazing and actually has updated USB capabilities. I suggest bluetooth, making calls on the road handsfree and using vodoo-magic to tell it to change music is awesome.
4. 3D printing has some good applications, there are even some pretty decent business venture opportunities if you can figure out how to mass produce quality product. The waterfall cubby is unique and not many manufactures gave the time to produce anything custom for in there. There's a cost gap between cardboard and fiberglass custom work and you could easily fill it.
5. Passenger window is common, there are guides out the ****. Shouldn't even need to post.
6. Depending how bad the bumper is I'd think about just getting a new one. up to you, but personally I find the base kit to be far too feminine.

Welcome!
Old 07-18-2016, 04:26 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Congrats on the purchase and doing your research.
The following users liked this post:
Tachiro-X (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 02:30 PM
Tachiro-X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unicus
1. They're not rims! They're wheels!
lol man I thought the "wheel" = tire + rim. Or is it just assumed that the wheel excludes the tire part unless I say "and tire"? Uhh ok i'll try that on.

Also, I mentioned the window/trunk struts and got dude to take off $200.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:03 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Welcome to the club. My drivers window does the same thing. I replaced it last year their is a reset button to set it but sometimes it goes wacky. The window motor had an anti pinch so when it encounters an obstacle it goes back down...
Old 07-19-2016, 04:42 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Welcome! I am from New Rochelle so we are practically neighbors!

If you need any help or need places recommended to you, feel free to contact me.

Enjoy the Z! You are already experiencing the common issues with the Z so you are quickly getting it out of the way!
The following users liked this post:
Tachiro-X (08-10-2017)