Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Midwest Z owner!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 11:12 AM
shortt.350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest Z owner!

Hey guys! I have had my Z for about 4 months now, but i just now decided, hey, i should probably join the really big community of people who also own and love Z cars. My baby
(named Zelda by the previous owner, probably a common one im sure) is an 04' Touring 6spd. It's not in the best of condition, its honestly pretty rough everywhere but that's nothing that a caring owner can't fix. Having some gremlins at the moment with the cluster so i figured id look to the forums and my local club, Ozark Z Club, for some help.

Anyways glad to be here and hope to meet some new people!

Basically the car now except on a nice set of G35 18's

Last edited by shortt.350Z; 07-19-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:33 PM
coletrickle74

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice really my taste of wheels but looks like it's in good shape. Stock under the hood?

Plans for the car?
Old 07-20-2017, 08:49 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Nice. Welcome. ...Are those the all-in-one rear blinkers, or are they just blacked-out stock ones?
Old 08-02-2017, 10:44 AM
shortt.350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the late response, work swamped me!

Cole, Its in pretty good aesthetic condition, a few dings and dents, and im pretty sure the hood is bent from a small collision but overall decent. Under the hood is just your typical DE, other than a Injen Tuned CAI, its stock. Feels like it revs way easier than normal though, so maybe a lightened flywheel. Honestly, the previous owner only did the wheels, everything else was done prior to him. Its a 174k miles car though, and the trans has seen better days. 5th grinds unless you baby it, and the rear suspension feels a bit loose. My plans are; maybe some breather mods, nismo wing, new from splitter, i have a hookup on BC coilovers, sticky tires, and maybe, if i have the money, some Nitrous. The goal is a great handling car that can also put up a fight on some street challenges. I go to school in Springfield MO, and the Ozark Z Club, and car scene in general, love their "fast in a straight line" cars too.

Atreyu'z, i believe they are just black out. I take no responsibility for that haha.

Thanks to both for the welcome!
Old 08-02-2017, 12:08 PM
carbuffguy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by shortt.350Z

Cole, Its in pretty good aesthetic condition, a few dings and dents, and im pretty sure the hood is bent from a small collision but overall decent. Under the hood is just your typical DE, other than a Injen Tuned CAI, its stock. Feels like it revs way easier than normal though, so maybe a lightened flywheel. Honestly, the previous owner only did the wheels, everything else was done prior to him. Its a 174k miles car though, and the trans has seen better days. 5th grinds unless you baby it, and the rear suspension feels a bit loose. My plans are; maybe some breather mods, nismo wing, new from splitter, i have a hookup on BC coilovers, sticky tires, and maybe, if i have the money, some Nitrous. The goal is a great handling car that can also put up a fight on some street challenges. I go to school in Springfield MO, and the Ozark Z Club, and car scene in general, love their "fast in a straight line" cars too.

Atreyu'z, i believe they are just black out. I take no responsibility for that haha.

That's a lot of miles for Nitrous. With that many miles I'd do your maintenance, clean er up and enjoy it.

And if I were you, I'd not mention the street racin on this site or big brother will come and get ya
Old 08-03-2017, 04:45 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Originally Posted by shortt.350Z

^Right. And as far as nitrous, do a compression check and see what your numbers are first.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:48 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Originally Posted by carbuffguy
That's a lot of miles for Nitrous. With that many miles I'd do your maintenance, clean er up and enjoy it.

And if I were you, I'd not mention the street racin on this site or big brother will come and get ya

Yup.