Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Quick question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 09:31 PM
INSIDIOUS_AF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick question?

So currently I知 still looking through all post and reading them but nothing new on the Link ECU from my knowledge. I currently have a 8.5.1 350z fitted with a GTX 3582 turbo with my turbonetics kit. I have Uprev currently right now but I would like something that will save my investment. Any suggestions on my next choice of ECU I知 trying to get a plug and play solution. My IG: is also Insidious_af just in case I知 not responding fast enough.

Last edited by INSIDIOUS_AF; 03-02-2019 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Standalone ECU.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:36 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I jumped to a Link G4+ from Haltech based on the customization and the safeguards you can setup to put the engine in fail-safe if oil pressure drops, coolant pressure spikes, or fuel pressure drops.

Is that your car in your post? and are you military?
Old 03-03-2019, 02:13 AM
INSIDIOUS_AF

Originally Posted by bealljk
I jumped to a Link G4+ from Haltech based on the customization and the safeguards you can setup to put the engine in fail-safe if oil pressure drops, coolant pressure spikes, or fuel pressure drops.

Is that your car in your post? and are you military?
yes that is my car and I am in the army. Hows the Reliability of your car. How much did it cost to get the link set up. Any benefits from uprev what do you have done to your car?

Last edited by INSIDIOUS_AF; 03-03-2019 at 02:32 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:07 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by INSIDIOUS_AF
yes that is my car and I am in the army. Hows the Reliability of your car. How much did it cost to get the link set up. Any benefits from uprev what do you have done to your car?
first & foremost - thank you for your service

second - at some point in time put a aftermarket brake setup on your to-do list. You have a bunch of money tied up in ground effects, wheels, some engine upgrades and you are running OEM calipers/rotors ... all I'm saying, even if you dont track the car, look into a set of akebonos, OEM brembos, Stoptech, AP Racing...

the reliability of my car isnt awesome but I'm pretty hard on it. It's not a daily. You're looking around $1200 for the hardware, factor in $300 for quality sensors, $500 for installation/custom wiring, and then factor in $500-$1000 for tuning...

You'll lose uprev completely if you go to Link

I've done everything
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...win-build.html
Old 03-03-2019, 12:28 PM
INSIDIOUS_AF

Originally Posted by bealljk
first & foremost - thank you for your service

second - at some point in time put a aftermarket brake setup on your to-do list. You have a bunch of money tied up in ground effects, wheels, some engine upgrades and you are running OEM calipers/rotors ... all I'm saying, even if you dont track the car, look into a set of akebonos, OEM brembos, Stoptech, AP Racing...

the reliability of my car isnt awesome but I'm pretty hard on it. It's not a daily. You're looking around $1200 for the hardware, factor in $300 for quality sensors, $500 for installation/custom wiring, and then factor in $500-$1000 for tuning...

You'll lose uprev completely if you go to Link

I've done everything
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...win-build.html
Thanks brother I will look in to the brakes. The car wasn稚 going to be turbocharged but I have in when my brother turbocharged his z so.... that痴 why the car looks the way it does. What do you have set up on the custom wiring harness for your car. I thought the ECU was plug in play. I知 going to your post now to read it.

Last edited by INSIDIOUS_AF; 03-03-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:51 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by INSIDIOUS_AF
What do you have set up on the custom wiring harness for your car.
Yea - you値l have to disect the ecu wiring harness to splice in any additional sensors - wide band signals, MAP, boost control solenoid signal, fuel pressure, coolant pressure, oil pressure... etc, plus any other custom inputs you池e looking to install.