New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New to the z community

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 07:20 AM
Semper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the z community

Hello,
Just bought my first z ( coming from a 3000gt SL) a couple of days ago. The cars a pearl white 08 with 50k miles. The plans are to daily it, maybe a couple of handling mods here and there, but I just wanted to have a fun daily. Any suggestions on essential mods I should get out of the way first?
Thank you
Old 04-01-2019, 08:00 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

welcome - beautiful car

You probably wont get far with suspension mods - they come pretty good from the factory.

If it's a daily driver and you're cool with the 270-280whp range just keep it how it is.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:44 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Welcome to a new local (well, to me anyhow.)

Baseline the car. Meaning, swap out all fluids front to rear, filters, worn bushings. (unless you know for certain when last time all were changed).

After baselining, drive the car for a while before doing anything to it. As bealljk said, it's a solid platform as is. Get to know it first; then make changes as needed.

I have local shop recommendations if needed for different things.

Consider joining Z Owners of Northern California (ZONC), one of the oldest and still-doing-well clubs for the marque. www.zonc.org There's a ZONC Meet n' Greet coming up in a couple of weeks at the Blackhawk Museum (Danville). Good place to meet some Z folks. (Lots of S30s and a few contemporaries.) (No, I won't be there sadly.... That's Boston Marathon weekend. But will definitely make it out to the ZONC Corral at the Historics in August and probably the event in Richmond with my roadsters (old cars only).
Old 04-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Semper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Welcome to a new local (well, to me anyhow.)

Baseline the car. Meaning, swap out all fluids front to rear, filters, worn bushings. (unless you know for certain when last time all were changed).

After baselining, drive the car for a while before doing anything to it. As bealljk said, it's a solid platform as is. Get to know it first; then make changes as needed.

I have local shop recommendations if needed for different things.

Consider joining Z Owners of Northern California (ZONC), one of the oldest and still-doing-well clubs for the marque. www.zonc.org There's a ZONC Meet n' Greet coming up in a couple of weeks at the Blackhawk Museum (Danville). Good place to meet some Z folks. (Lots of S30s and a few contemporaries.) (No, I won't be there sadly.... That's Boston Marathon weekend. But will definitely make it out to the ZONC Corral at the Historics in August and probably the event in Richmond with my roadsters (old cars only).

Thanks for the information! I'll definitely be checking out ZONC. But yeah, I completely forgot about checking and replenishing all the fluids whoops... 😬.