Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

nismo=rice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:55 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kacz07
My Caliber SRT4 DD will most likely walk 95% of the NA Z's here, years 03-08.
I have run several times against a Caliber SRT4 on the 1/8th mile and I have won every single time. Granted the driver could just suck (I mean what kind of "auto enthusiast" drives a caliber). But even if your car was a little bit faster, I wouldn't be caught dead in a Caliber.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:55 AM
Demonbfg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
I have run several times against a Caliber SRT4 on the 1/8th mile and I have won every single time. Granted the driver could just suck (I mean what kind of "auto enthusiast" drives a caliber). But even if your car was a little bit faster, I wouldn't be caught dead in a Caliber.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:28 AM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha ok, guy. Well don't be embarassed when one "walks" you.

The Mopar stage 1 upgrade allows the CSRT4 to make 300whp/wtq. Do you know if they had the PCM upgrade? Not only that, but the car is lighter than the Z by as much as a couple hundred pounds.

Do you know if the Caliber was an SRT4? Can you tell the difference?

Bottom line, if this "auto enthusiast" invested the money, albeit much less than I'd need to spend on the Z, the stock block can handle over 600whp. It's a budget hatch with a factory turbo, but you can turn a blind eye to the truth and the fun to be had.

Explain your logic (or lack thereof), bra... what about the car an "auto enthusiast" drives correlates with their fanaticism for cars? It seems fanboys and those quick to judge before properly researching a car are much less educated and are perceived as morons to the true enthusiast crowd, of which you don't belong.

Friend, your ignorance is no skin off my back, but you primitive insults really just confirming what Dave079 continues to reiterate.

Last edited by kacz07; 12-22-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:26 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Haha ok, guy. Well don't be embarassed when one "walks" you.
Umm, don't worry, I won't. I have lost to Neon SRT4s that were modded, didn't hurt my feelings.

The Mopar stage 1 upgrade allows the CSRT4 to make 300whp/wtq. Do you know if they had the PCM upgrade? Not only that, but the car is lighter than the Z by as much as a couple hundred pounds.
Like I said, doesn't matter how much power or how fast your car is, IMO it's still an ugly *** car.

Do you know if the Caliber was an SRT4? Can you tell the difference?
There's a difference?

Bottom line, if this "auto enthusiast" invested the money, albeit much less than I'd need to spend on the Z, the stock block can handle over 600whp. It's a budget hatch with a factory turbo, but you can turn a blind on to the truth and the fun to be had.
It's a turbo car, no crap it's cheaper and easier to make more power. My 335I is the same way, for just a few dollars I can get it tuned and be over 300whp. There are guys with a tune, and HFC making over 350whp. Comparing turbo cars to NA is like apples to oranges. Anyone of us NISMO owners could have easily bought a Caliber SRT4, but we didn't.

Friend, your ignorance is no skin off my back, but you primitive insults really just confirming what Dave079 continues to reiterate.
Obviously it is, otherwise you wouldn't have typed such a long response.

In this and my last post I was stating my opinions about the caliber. So only you are entitled to your opinion? If a Caliber floats your boat, well good for you. But calling a NISMO Rice? Really? It's a track car with a body kit built for exactly that purpose. Far from rice my friend. At the track I have respect for econo-boxes with turbos. Got spanked pretty good from a modded Mazdaspeed 3. "no skin off my back"!

Last edited by jerseystyle; 12-22-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:20 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a track car with a body kit built for exactly that purpose.
A lot of people don't understand that concept.

Comparing turbo cars to NA is like apples to oranges.

Last edited by NISMO_558; 12-22-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:26 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@Nismo: I've underlined the part of my quote more pertinent to the superior handling of the Z. In addition, I would consider a NISMO Z in the 5% of the Z cars that could take it. I suggest you delete your post.
Perhaps I misread that statement.....
Old 12-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dave079
Again such ignorance on this forum. You people are no better or worse than Mustang owners. Such hypocrisy is amazing. The Z is far from a super quality vehicle. Like I said before every domestic I have owned has had less issues than my Z. You people are pathetic with your ridiculous bias.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:27 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Umm, don't worry, I won't. I have lost to Neon SRT4s that were modded, didn't hurt my feelings.

Like I said, doesn't matter how much power or how fast your car is, IMO it's still an ugly *** car.

There's a difference?

It's a turbo car, no crap it's cheaper and easier to make more power. My 335I is the same way, for just a few dollars I can get it tuned and be over 300whp. There are guys with a tune, and HFC making over 350whp. Comparing turbo cars to NA is like apples to oranges. Anyone of us NISMO owners could have easily bought a Caliber SRT4, but we didn't.

Obviously it is, otherwise you wouldn't have typed such a long response.

In this and my last post I was stating my opinions about the caliber. So only you are entitled to your opinion? If a Caliber floats your boat, well good for you. But calling a NISMO Rice? Really? It's a track car with a body kit built for exactly that purpose. Far from rice my friend. At the track I have respect for econo-boxes with turbos. Got spanked pretty good from a modded Mazdaspeed 3. "no skin off my back"!
Fair enough. Opinions are cool.

I write because I enjoy the argument, that is, when both people are actually arguing the opposing related points, but when did I ever say anything about a Nismo being rice? I was arguing the fact that most people on here don't know a lot about cars other than the Z. The ignorance is pitiful.

Last edited by kacz07; 12-22-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:37 AM
OZD 35

Fair enough. Opinions are cool.

I was arguing the fact that most people on here don't know a lot about cars other than the Z. The ignorance is pitiful.
Isn't that how it is on most car forums? The Ford fans will think their cars are the best, the Honda fans will think their cars are the best, etc, etc...

I'll have to admit, it is entertaining reading all the arguments but at the same time it's somewhat rediculous
Old 12-23-2009, 12:58 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by OZD 35
Isn't that how it is on most car forums? The Ford fans will think their cars are the best, the Honda fans will think their cars are the best, etc, etc...

I'll have to admit, it is entertaining reading all the arguments but at the same time it's somewhat rediculous
Well I own a 335I, the NISMO and a 76 classic mini and I love my mini the most. But I would trade all of them for a Aston Martin DB5 or a Porsche 959.

So I guess I don't think my cars are the best!

You know what I think is ridiculous? People that can't spell "ridiculous"!
Old 12-23-2009, 01:06 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

...but when did I ever say anything about a Nismo being rice?
Sorry man, no disrespect, just got you confused with this tool:

Originally Posted by JJ350
Well the Nismo edition is just another way of saying "ugly edition" IMO. Even the power addition in the new one isn't enough to save it. The Nismo kit's are just ugly and take away from the (especially in the 350's case) original lines of the car. Z's look best with the stock bodywork, especially in the 03-06 350's case.

Classify this one under rice.

Like I tell people at the track, my car isn't the fastest, it's the sexiest! Especially with me driving it!
Old 12-23-2009, 01:15 PM
OZD 35

You know what I think is ridiculous? People that can't spell "ridiculous"!
Yeah, when it's 5am and I'm at work I really don't give a **** how I spell it. Either way, you knew exactly what I meant
Old 12-29-2009, 05:15 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Settle down big guy, it's just a joke.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:22 AM
OZD 35

Settle down big guy, it's just a joke.