Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Sad nismo

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:38 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisjersey06
I ran the VIN, its a real Nismo.
The vin doesn't specify the trim of any Z.

I think its fake, like someone else pointed out, its missing the red stitching on the shift boot, the knee pads, and on the doors. The rims arent nismo rims either. The NISMO badge is in the wrong position. Did anyone notice it doesnt have the front strut brace plus the secondary brace the NISMO Z has? Theres obviously something suspicious about this "NISMO".

I pitty anyone who actually buys this.

Last edited by NISMO_558; 11-14-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:57 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
".

I pitty anyone who actually buys a NISMO.
Fixed
Old 11-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Toasterflyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it is # 119.. so there must be a way to track it then..mmm...So why no trace on the vin# stating a Nismo or not..strange Nissan didnt put a #or letter in the vin..would def. keep people honest. I think its a real Nismo cobbed together after an accident. Nissan should be able to tell you that #119 has this vin#

I actually emailed the guy and suggested he pull the auction. I also said that this car is getting torn up in the forums and that NO one will bid on the car.
Rich
ny

*****Well I sit corrected someone actually bid on this ugly beast..***

Last edited by Toasterflyer; 11-14-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:39 PM
floppymoppy1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its fake, like someone else pointed out, its missing the red stitching on the shift boot, the knee pads, and on the doors. The rims arent nismo rims either. The NISMO badge is in the wrong position. Did anyone notice it doesnt have the front strut brace plus the secondary brace the NISMO Z has? Theres obviously something suspicious about this "NISMO".

ummmm... dont you have a nismo? if you ever noticed... the shift boot on our nismos DO NOT have red stitching... and how is the nismo badge in the wrong place?!? the badge is where its suppose to be...

Last edited by floppymoppy1234; 11-14-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

God damn... I don't know what to say...
Old 11-14-2009, 08:28 PM
chrisjersey06

Damn buddy, you either have a Nismo and don't know anything about it, or are lying and just saying you do. If you do, you need to hit the search button and do some research on your machine.

You don't need to start typing away without any facts. The VIN is even posted in this thread, why don't you call up your Nissan dealer, give them the number, and ask? Then come on here and retract your statement that the VIN doesn't specify the trim. I already did the work, now do yours.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:30 AM
chrisjersey06

Originally Posted by dave079
So is it really or not?
My previous post

Old 11-15-2009, 10:47 AM
NISMO_558

Originally Posted by floppymoppy1234
ummmm... dont you have a nismo? if you ever noticed... the shift boot on our nismos DO NOT have red stitching... and how is the nismo badge in the wrong place?!? the badge is where its suppose to be...
I haven't driven my nismo in over 2 months, I forgot about the shift boot. The NISMO badge is in the wrong position, it's way too far inward.

Last edited by NISMO_558; 11-15-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 AM
NISMO_558

Damn buddy, you either have a Nismo and don't know anything about it, or are lying and just saying you do. If you do, you need to hit the search button and do some research on your machine.

You don't need to start typing away without any facts. The VIN is even posted in this thread, why don't you call up your Nissan dealer, give them the number, and ask? Then come on here and retract your statement that the VIN doesn't specify the trim. I already did the work, now do yours.
Oh i'm pretty sure I know more about these cars than you do. If you can tell the trim level from the vin, how come whenever somebody comes on here asking if they can tell the trim from the vin. why does everybody say you cant? I was only going off of what other people were saying, and are aparently wrong.

Even Dave said so himself
Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Bing bing bing. Winner! There's nothing in the VIN to indicate whether you have a base, touring, track, grand touring, etc.
I know a person can call in the vin and get the trim level, but thats not what I was refering to.

Whoever did this to what was a perfectly fine nismo Z needs to burn in hell.

Last edited by NISMO_558; 11-15-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:47 PM
chrisjersey06

Oh i'm pretty sure I know more about these cars than you do. If you can tell the trim level from the vin, how come whenever somebody comes on here asking if they can tell the trim from the vin. why does everybody say you cant? I was only going off of what other people were saying, and are aparently wrong.

Even Dave said so himself

I know a person can call in the vin and get the trim level, but thats not what I was refering to.

Whoever did this to what was a perfectly fine nismo Z needs to burn in hell.
Of course there's nothing in the VIN that says "Touring" or "Track", but you need to use your head. This is easily done by locating part numbers via the VIN for trim specific parts such as brakes, audio, seats, etc.

Looking up a Nismo is by far the easiest, which makes me wonder why so many people didn't know..? In this case, I looked up what front bumper cover went on the car. I've taken Z's apart enough times to know that Nissan refers to the Nismo as "Enthusiast", and the rest as regular, so that was a dead give-away for me. But for someone who didn't know that, you can look at pricing. Nissan's pricing for Base to Grand Touring bumpers and everything in between is $345.18, while the Nismo is $644.06. When I looked up the part number for the bumper cover belonging to the VIN posted in the Ebay ad, and then looked up the price, well didn't ya know it....$644.06, boom, Nismo. Took 2 minutes to do

Last edited by chrisjersey06; 11-15-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:52 PM
fabcas311

holy S**T!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:19 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BeeAyche
the shift boot and a few other pieces would of had red stitching if i remember correctly
Not true. No red stitching on the shift boot. Just around the door inserts.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see this was already discussed. As far as the NISMO badge on the rear, they probably sold the whole hatch with the wing on it and bought a regular hatch with stock wing. Then just added a NISMO badge.

Wouldn't you be able to track from the VIN if it was a theft recovery?

Last edited by jerseystyle; 11-17-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:47 AM
rromero

You can see the bolts for that secondary brace on the top next to the radiator shroud and you can see the Yamaha dampers on the front.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:35 AM
aj350z

Smile the owner who did..it was a really sad day when i did all of this

i was the owner of the vehicle... and unfortunately i was layed off my job and had to make some money before losing the car.. but the car is an original nismo just without the nismo parts.. it was really sad to do this cause i loved that car it had alot of extras that i also sold. heres a pic of how it originnaly looked lmao
Attached Thumbnails Sad nismo-chucha.jpg   Sad nismo-l.jpg  
Old 07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Nismo1534

Originally Posted by aj350z
i was the owner of the vehicle... and unfortunately i was layed off my job and had to make some money before losing the car.. but the car is an original nismo just without the nismo parts.. it was really sad to do this cause i loved that car it had alot of extras that i also sold. heres a pic of how it originnaly looked lmao
Most epic followup ever - 3 year old thread and still finds the time to update us
Old 07-25-2012, 04:06 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Old 07-25-2012, 04:17 PM
i.rashid

WOW.....
Old 07-26-2012, 04:57 AM
BoomerZ33

thanks for the update