Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

utec

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006 | 03:24 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

great jermaine, i am the one that spoke to you on the phone today, let me know if you would like someone to do some testing on the progressive nitrous control. hopefully i will be able to keep it from knocking, but we have been known to push our limits....

and yes it will fully replace a WOT tps switch and a window switch...
Old 03-08-2006 | 11:26 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by Acree
Any clue about release date with this "revamped" progressive controller?

On another note, did I read something about the UTEC not being able to control CVTC or the timing advance on the cams in the upper rpm?
Currently I do not have a date form the high load driver module. The UTEC does have the hardware on board to control the VTC but it is not enabled inside the software of yet. Under most circumstances you wouldn't want to advance the cam at high rpms anyway.

Thanks,

Jermaine@turboxs.com
Old 03-08-2006 | 11:29 AM
Acree

Originally Posted by BlackTuner
Currently I do not have a date form the high load driver module. The UTEC does have the hardware on board to control the VTC but it is not enabled inside the software of yet. Under most circumstances you wouldn't want to advance the cam at high rpms anyway.

Thanks,

Jermaine@turboxs.com
I thought that timing advance in the upper RPM's was a major performance gain for an NA engine?
Is there any clue when you guys will have the software support for the VTC?
If I purchase a UTEC now, without the VTC and high driver module, can it be upgraded with minimal cost later?
Old 03-08-2006 | 11:41 AM
sabrefanpc

Also, what about dual stage? Could it control a second solenoid or would it still need the high driver module?
Old 03-08-2006 | 11:48 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by Acree
I thought that timing advance in the upper RPM's was a major performance gain for an NA engine?
Is there any clue when you guys will have the software support for the VTC?
If I purchase a UTEC now, without the VTC and high driver module, can it be upgraded with minimal cost later?
Ignition Timing is when you are firing the spark to create combustion.

Cam Timing is the relation between your Crank and Camshaft.

The VTC upgrade will be a software upgrade, as with all of our UTEC's software upgrades they are free of charge. The nitrous control module will be sold sepereately, I have no idea of cost at the moment but I can assure it will be very affordable.

The Advantage of UTEC with you nitrous guys is that you can run set timing which can allow you to run larger shots of nitrous and proactively fight against knock. Allowing you to make more power.

Thanks,

Jermaine@turboxs.com
Old 03-08-2006 | 12:04 PM
Acree

Thanks for the information Jermaine.
Old 03-08-2006 | 04:19 PM
Nowell
National Z Club

So would this still work with the ZEX kit? I have everything laid out and plan on installing this weekend, and was just wondering. I assume I still have to use the box because it handles the fuel/n2o feeds. Just run the extra power/ground from the utec to the box?

Just want to be sure. Maybe ill just run the kit seprate from the utec to start, and try and work it in later.
Old 03-08-2006 | 04:22 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

the solenoid contol on the utec is for the ground on the solenoids, its really simple to set it up, if you use the dashboard on the utec, you will be able to see the spare solenoid ON/OFF in real time, just make sure all the settings are correct and watch it turn ON or OFF then hook it up...
Old 03-13-2006 | 01:22 PM
kalima275Z

subscribing for knowledge
Old 03-13-2006 | 01:22 PM
kalima275Z

subscribing for knowledge
Old 03-13-2006 | 01:23 PM
kalima275Z

Wtf?^
Old 03-13-2006 | 03:44 PM
Nowell
National Z Club

Just a quick update on mine. Got everything hooked up, have been using the utec. Love it by the way. Today though, I was taking a drive, and started smelling gas. I guess the fule line tap (aam version) has a bad o-ring. So for the time being I haven't gotten to spray. I did wire it all and test the solenoid. Jetted for 75 hp right now. Waiting on plugs, and going to get the o-ring tomorrow.

I guess I just wanted to praise the utec. Great product, and if your willing to spend some time learning its in's and out's, its amazing! Ordering the wideband also! Hopefully this weekend ill get some dyno time and put up some numbers. This is all with a ZEX kit btw.
Old 03-13-2006 | 04:01 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

nice man, what number jets are you running 40 and 20?? somewhere around there??

i am ordering the wideband really soon so i can log the a/f along with all the other things is logs...
Old 03-13-2006 | 04:39 PM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
nice man, what number jets are you running 40 and 20?? somewhere around there??

i am ordering the wideband really soon so i can log the a/f along with all the other things is logs...
40n/21f for the zex kit (as per the instructions), but I have jets all the way up to 125.

You going with the utec wideband? If you get it first, let me know how you like it. Im thinking that instead of the normal guaged wideband, since I have been living in my laptop and the utec lately.
Old 03-13-2006 | 04:57 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

as far as i know, the utec wideband is the only one that will hook up to the utec and datalog sooooo i am going to order it, then it will be easy to do a couple runs and then adjust the fuel to get the a/f perfect across the boards

i have an aem, well sorry, had one till i ripped off the sensor last weekend, the bung that was factory welded on my test pipe made the sensor hang down about a half inch lower, damn speed bumps !!
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:37 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
as far as i know, the utec wideband is the only one that will hook up to the utec and datalog sooooo i am going to order it, then it will be easy to do a couple runs and then adjust the fuel to get the a/f perfect across the boards
+1, no other WB-AEM/Innovate will datalog with the UTEC. I have the WB/display its great. I now have 2 WB's in the car-can never be too safe! Im trying to figure out how/where to mount the UTEC WB box, its kinda large, but has a nice big display so I dont just want to tuck it by the UTEC, I want it in view...
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:54 AM
one350zfan

Originally Posted by Alberto
+1, no other WB-AEM/Innovate will datalog with the UTEC. I have the WB/display its great. I now have 2 WB's in the car-can never be too safe! Im trying to figure out how/where to mount the UTEC WB box, its kinda large, but has a nice big display so I dont just want to tuck it by the UTEC, I want it in view...
Do you have navigation? Installing WB in buddies car this week so I'll chime in later. I used to do custom stereo installs, I'm looking forward to finding a trick location!
Old 03-14-2006 | 12:41 PM
Nowell
National Z Club

Yea, I didn't mean if he was going to try and hook up a different WB to the utec, I was just wondering if he was going to use a different WB all together.
Old 03-14-2006 | 01:31 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

cool i didnt know that the turboxs actually had a display on it, i have my crappy AEM now, i will just run both then...
Old 03-14-2006 | 02:37 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by one350zfan
Do you have navigation? Installing WB in buddies car this week so I'll chime in later. I used to do custom stereo installs, I'm looking forward to finding a trick location!
Yes I do. I have an idea of where to mount it, Ill reveal if I go through with it...

Quick Reply: utec