Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Pieced together Nitrous Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pieced together Nitrous Kit?

Im trying to put together a nitrous system for a decent price and a guy i know offered me his old Compucar kit from a 5.0 mustang for $150. I figured i could use the bottle and the purge valve at least but i was wondering if the cyleniods would be compatable with the Z.
I plan on buying a seperate fuel tap, bottle heater, and throttle position sensor/rpm window switch in addition.
I know the hose lengths are different and he cut all the wires so im going to have to run new ones but other than that i might be able to save a couple hundred if it works out.

Really would like to make this work so any suggestions would be great.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:30 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

its way easier then you think to peice together a N02 kit I did it and its running great. A selnoid is a selnoid, there is not a vehicle specific selonid. Far as a TPS sensor goes, if your on a budget I recommend a micro switch under the gas pedal which works great (thats what i have.) the line should also work they might be a little longer but you can take the access and roll it up in the brake fluid area. if you need any help putting this together let me know i have a complete kit here for sale, and i also put mine together the same way ... it's clean, hidden, and nasty .... if you need a list of what you need let me know
Old 10-11-2007, 07:37 AM
RedondoG

I agree, piecing together is easy. I use a dynotune window/TPS, but I've found their solenoids are not as good as the NOS brand.
I don't know anything about compucar solenoids.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

A list of all of the small parts that are in between would be great cause thats whats worrying me.

Here are a list of parts that im planing on getting as of now:
Compucar kit with purge http://www.compucarnitrous.com/TEST/kits/efim.htm (orginaly set up for a 5.0 mustang less wiring and tube from purge cyleniod to where the nitrous exits the system)
Dynotune Bottle Heater
MSD Digital RPM window switch with tach
PTP Fuel line adapter

Thought i had this under control but the more i look the more stuff pops up.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:30 AM
RedondoG

I had trouble with my MSD window switch, I'd go with the Dynotune combination window and TPS switch. Also you need a bottle heater switch from dynotune. I'd suggest an automatic bottle opener so you don't have to manually open the bottle before spraying. You'll need a couple of relays (one for the heater, one for the nitrous solenoid).
Old 10-11-2007, 09:49 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

the only thing i suggest you do is go with NOS jets ... their customer service is awsome ... when you call them you let them know what you have done to your car and they will give you the exact jet sizes you need for your particular motor and your mods so your A/F will be stright... when they say that a kit is specifically set up for a car all they mean is that the jets are balanced for that particular motor size! and the only thing that makes our car a little bit harder to spray on is because its a drive by wire car... but if you go with the micro switch under the pedal (which makes you run two more wires) its less head ache and easier to adjust, you dont have to worry about wire diagrams and ****....