Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

will this a/f lean shut down switch work with z

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:10 PM
aggie05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will this a/f lean shut down switch work with z

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=67

Curious if this will work with the stock 2003 350z o2 sensor? Has anybody tried it or know if it will work? I have a dynotune nitrous kit and would like to keep all the parts from dynotune for the time being.

from website " It's the purchasers job to ensure thier factory oxygen sensor is a 0-1V style, standard o2 sensor. This will not work with factory wideband sensors found in some new cars. "

Thanks,
aggie05.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:16 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

03 are narrow band so technically yes it will work.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 AM
aggie05

Thanks Binder, I have another ?
If i use dyno tunes window switch http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=216 is it possible and if so explain how to spray on the fly? From what i have read i would like to lock out 1st gear spray but by doing so if im on the road and want to spray i would have to wait to cycle through the gears b4 getting spray. Is there a way to wire a shot on the fly?

Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 AM
binder

Umm, i'm not real sure the question but here's something that pertains to that.

A window switch with a lockout is locked out based on RPM. So basically if you are at idle and you want to lock out first gear it won't lock out first gear, it will lock out the first time the rpms hit the activation point. So if have that setup to lock out "first" and you're in second and you slam the gas it wo'nt give you nitrous until the next gear.

basically you are locking out the first cycle of the window switch. So if it activates at 3k and shuts down at 6k then the first time you do 3k-6k WOT will be no nitrous then the second time your car hits 3k-6k at WOT it will spray. It doesn't know what gear you are in.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:52 AM
aggie05

Originally Posted by binder
Umm, i'm not real sure the question but here's something that pertains to that.

A window switch with a lockout is locked out based on RPM. So basically if you are at idle and you want to lock out first gear it won't lock out first gear, it will lock out the first time the rpms hit the activation point. So if have that setup to lock out "first" and you're in second and you slam the gas it wo'nt give you nitrous until the next gear.

basically you are locking out the first cycle of the window switch. So if it activates at 3k and shuts down at 6k then the first time you do 3k-6k WOT will be no nitrous then the second time your car hits 3k-6k at WOT it will spray. It doesn't know what gear you are in.
Yes thats what i have concluded, I will call dynotune and see if they recommend any options. If anybody else knows the answer to my previous question let us know.
Thanks again Binder.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:57 PM
binder

as far as i know there is no true "gear lockout" unless you find a way to setup sensors to the gearbox so the car knows exactly what gear you're in.