Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

ZEX kit Nitrous setup help

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Z33FTMFW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZEX kit Nitrous setup help

Hi Everyone I have an 07 350Z (VQ35HR) and I installed the Zex nitrous kit for it. Only thing is that before I go out and actually try it on a straight road. I want to test that it sprays the nitrous on WOT before I actually do a full test on the road. Anyone know how I can test this ? I know to listen for a clicking noise coming from the EMU but I want to see nozzles spraying the mixture anyone know how to test for this?
Old 10-11-2010, 01:39 PM
IslandZavage

you might have better luck posting this in the Nitrous Forum....

https://my350z.com/forum/nitrous-oxide-181/
Old 10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
The Guy

If you already have everything installed, remove the intakes turn the car on, don't start the engine. Then open the passenger side throttle plate to WOT and watch out. If everything is installed correctly Nitrous and fuel should shoot out of the jets. Good luck.

Of course make sure your zex kit is turned on and the bottle is open.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

IBTM.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Z33FTMFW

Originally Posted by The Guy
If you already have everything installed, remove the intakes turn the car on, don't start the engine. Then open the passenger side throttle plate to WOT and watch out. If everything is installed correctly Nitrous and fuel should shoot out of the jets. Good luck.

Of course make sure your zex kit is turned on and the bottle is open.
I tried this with the bottle out of the car just to test with the fuel side , I guess I just wanted to be super safe but I didn't get anything to spray (had a friend watching and also had him press the pedal down) . The light was on (GReen at the emu) and I hit the gas pedal all the way down with the ignition key on the ON position and engine off. Does it need nitrous pressure for anything to spray?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Z33FTMFW

Originally Posted by Z33FTMFW
I tried this with the bottle out of the car just to test with the fuel side , I guess I just wanted to be super safe but I didn't get anything to spray (had a friend watching and also had him press the pedal down) . The light was on (GReen at the emu) and I hit the gas pedal all the way down with the ignition key on the ON position and engine off. Does it need nitrous pressure for anything to spray?
I called Zex today , they said if I tried testing just the fuel side without the bottle hooked up then I would only see a minor squirt of fuel since the car is off there's not going to be a lot of pressure.