Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

osiris/utec stack

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:15 PM
dorrifto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default osiris/utec stack

so i have been contemplating putting my vq revup on the bottle. Right now i have the simple intake, headers and exhaust on the engine. my ecu has been tuned and reflashed with osiris. I also have a utec sitting around, and i have read it works perfectly with nitrous applications.

I am wondering, should i reflash the ecu and remove osiris? or maybe just get a new tune? my osiris has increased my rev limiter and i read that the utec cannot raise the rev limiter on the '06 ecu's.

i have also thought about selling the utec, and buying the small safety components such as the traction control window switch....
Old 01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
dorrifto

So does anyone know if its possible to stack the utec and osiris? or should i ditch the utec and use the small safety accessories that i can get seperately?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 PM
juicinjake

if i were u id do osiris with a microedge or something similar. i already had an msd digital window switch and nx tps sensor so i used that stuff and mounted it in my console. at 100hp shot i really dont need a progressive controller so the microedge didnt really have any advantage over the stuff i already had. you could probably sell the utec and buy a microedge and remote bottle opener and be ahead of the game. as for is it possible to stack the two i dont know... i suspect it would be more trouble than it was worth and that you could potentially get into a situation where the two were fighting eachother trying to adjust a parameter. as i said already, id sell the utec and get some other hardware that would get you moving in the right direction.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 AM
dorrifto

Originally Posted by juicinjake
if i were u id do osiris with a microedge or something similar. i already had an msd digital window switch and nx tps sensor so i used that stuff and mounted it in my console. at 100hp shot i really dont need a progressive controller so the microedge didnt really have any advantage over the stuff i already had. you could probably sell the utec and buy a microedge and remote bottle opener and be ahead of the game. as for is it possible to stack the two i dont know... i suspect it would be more trouble than it was worth and that you could potentially get into a situation where the two were fighting eachother trying to adjust a parameter. as i said already, id sell the utec and get some other hardware that would get you moving in the right direction.
I think you are right. The money I'd get for selling the UTEC would get all the stuff I would need. Thanks bro

Well, UTEC for sale!! PM if you are interested! lol
Old 01-29-2012, 08:35 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm sure it's possible, but it'd be redundant and unnecessary, maybe even detrimental in the long run. UTEC is no longer favored so I'd say sticking with the UpRev and getting additional accessories is a good idea.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:49 PM
dorrifto

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I'm sure it's possible, but it'd be redundant and unnecessary, maybe even detrimental in the long run. UTEC is no longer favored so I'd say sticking with the UpRev and getting additional accessories is a good idea.
that is actually what i am doing. bought a zex window switch and keeping uprev.

btw, my utec is for sale.