Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Nitrous Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 04:09 PM
!Z!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Problem

OK i recently installed a nitrous kit on my 07 350z AUTO i went with a 75 shot to start with cause i am very new to nitrous and how it works. My time spraying it i did two runs and it was pulling hard no traction in first but second and third pulled good. I then went and got my bottle topped off with 6lbs cause it was only 4lbs in it. After i re installed the kit and heated the bottle and sprayed it again even with the pressure at 1050 it was weak if felt like a 30shot or less. So i was told i may have had a bad fill. Next i emptied the bottle and did a totally new re fill and it was better but not like the first spray. I didnt change the plugs or tune on the Z i used the uprev that i had the first time i sprayed it. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I know the soleniod it working both fuel and nitrous and the kit it s new dynotune nitrous kit.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Old Rice

So shooting in the dark here but....

-without injecting into the intake activate the system to hear all the soleniods clicking
-Do U run a nitrous filter? maybe crap in the line?
-Do U run a fuel pressure cutoff switch? Those are adjustable via allen wrench. If set to cutoff at a high fuel psi it will open the loop and disable the nitrous spray. Mine had its default setting too high took me a bit to figure that one out.
-Can you purge white clouds or just air?
-Are you running ultra rich and bogging the motor? (i.e. fuel only being injected)
-Although your gauge reads 1050psi, did you confirm that your bottle was actually open? since the sensor reads the bottle whether its open or not? When opening it should come down 200-300psi as the lines get loaded. With a remote opener i sometimes forgot which direction was open v close on the switch.

Hmmmm...just noticed that you earlier posted that your fuel solenoid had shavings in the plunger, so my vote is crap in the main line.

Last edited by Old Rice; 12-13-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 PM
!Z!

I am not running a purge for now. The pressure gauge i use only works with the bottle open and it is a new gauge. The motor never boggs even with the nitrous off i guess cause it is such a small shot. I just purged both nitrous and fuel with the nozzles in a jar and they both work pretty well. I notice that the nozzles seem to twist after so long of the torque from the engine but they still face the throttle body just not straight into it. Even though i notice that didnt make a difference before. I dont have a fuel cut off or nitrous filter.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Old Rice

Inadvertently swapped the pills on the nozzle during reinstall? Nitrous pill on fuel/fuel pill on nitrous?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 PM
!Z!

Nope we double checked that. Besides when i re filled the bottle and the shot was weak the nozzles was never touched. I was told the spark plug gap may be too wide. What do you think of that? what size shot do you have on your Z?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 AM
Old Rice

I use NGK V groove coppers, new they come .043-44 gap. I tighten that to .032-.034. I would be surprised if that would be the issue however. Worth a try.

I run 100whp jets.

Last edited by Old Rice; 12-14-2012 at 06:23 AM.