Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Throttle body n20 plate or pre-drilled intake pipe? And other Qs

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 06:36 AM
absurdparadox

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Throttle body n20 plate or pre-drilled intake pipe? And other Qs

I posted a few years ago asking if anyone makes a throttle body plate for the Z (DE specifically), but no one seemed to know of anything, so thought I'd post up again --- anyone ever find anything, or perhaps an intake pipe with the threads pre-drilled?

My nitrous nut has slowly chewed through my intake pipe over time (took a few years) , and I had to put a big washer between the two halves, with some sealant, just to stop an intake leak there.

Also, a couple unrelated questions while I have your attention. For a while I've thought about changing to a two-stage kit. Do I need anything other than the obvious second set of solenoids/nozzles (already have the electronics) -- i.e. I don't need higher fuel pressure or anything do I?

Secondly, I realized I could fit a 20lb bottle where my 10lb is mounted (sideways infront of the strut bar) -- any downside of going with a bigger bottle? Because of this mounting I already feel like I only have say a 7 lb bottle, so a bigger bottle sounds nice.

Thanks guys!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:20 AM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Not much has changed. The only throttle body spacer I have seen is the AAM one with vacuum ports. Not sure what size the ports are or if they can be removed.

I haven't had any problems with my intake for the 8 years it has been installed, but I put thread sealant on the outside, i believe I used the following:
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/64478985

As for the two stage, what controller are you running? I believe that pressure will just be dependent on what your fuel jets will be. What size will your first stage be and what size will your second stage be?

The only downside I see for the bigger bottle is cost and size. Why not go dual 10lb bottles since you already have another 10lb bottle. At least it would be symmetrical.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:08 PM
absurdparadox

I should mention that I think it is chewing through my pipe because I ran the lines at a weird angle and I think just the slight angular pressure over the years is what jacked it up. It is ghetto fixed for now, but just looking for a better solution.

With the dual stage, I'm running the dynotune window switch, which has two-stage support. I'm moving up to a 100 (maybe 125) shot from a 75 shot after all this time (had the kit for years and maybe run 6 bottles through it, lol), and thought about just messing around with something like 30/70 split over a few thousand rpm to help with traction (on nitto nt05's, not DRs or anything), since it already lets go pretty easy even in third under some conditions. Here, I imagine I should probably just get some DRs, but just considering various options.

As far as the big bottle goes, it would require me only buying one bottle and the pick up tube, since everything else could just swap straight over. With two bottles, I'd need a second electronic opener (yes, I know I could just do it by hand, but honest, I think its cool, lol), second heater, second pressure gauge, second mount, etc. With just a 20lber I figure I could just keep everything the same and just slap it in the same location. It isn't really a huge deal or anything, just something that crossed my mind. The actual easiest solution is to probably incline the bottle a little more sharply, or just relocate it.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-25-2016, 08:15 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Just looking around and found this interesting piece:

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/turbo...ap-p-1232.html
Old 04-27-2016, 05:37 AM
absurdparadox

Originally Posted by BakaN20
Just looking around and found this interesting piece:

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/turbo...ap-p-1232.html
Iiinteresting, might have to think of a way to make that work!