Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Couple Nitrous Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Sebastian777

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Couple Nitrous Questions

So I'm about to do some bolt-on upgrades including cbe, HFCs, plenum spacer and MREV2, and then have the car dyno tuned. I realize I'm not going to get a ton of power out this and after a recent discussion at work, I've been thinking about nitrous which I have no experience with outside of what's on TV. Yes I have read the sticky.

I'm toying around with the idea of something like a 75 shot just for random fun or an impromptu street race. I don't really want to run with it all of the time. My vision is having something where I just press a button with no previous preparation (opening or heating bottle) for quick on demand power. Is that practical?

I've read that a 75 shot should be ok without a tune on a stock engine but I'm getting a dyno tune anyway for my other mods. Since I don't want the nitrous all of the time, is it something that can be tuned for?

Is there a good kit that would include pretty much everything that I need? I've seen kits like the Zex, but am not sure if they are missing key components. Any kits designed to be activated by a button or switch? I do realize I will probably need colder spark plugs that aren't going to come with a kit and that it might not come with a remote opener.

If there isn't a kit for exactly what I want, what's a ball park figure for everything? I'm not looking for the best, most amazing setup ever assembled, just something simple and safe.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sebastian777; 01-04-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:12 PM
vertico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a Nitrous Express wet kit, its got everything you need for a 75shot.

I would recommend a window switch as well but thats optional

Edit: i now see this was covered in the other thread!

Last edited by vertico; 03-10-2017 at 08:06 PM.