Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

warranty and nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 08:41 PM
zectasy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty and nitrous?

i really wanna spray im just worryed bout losing my warranty for my car...ive already went through one trans and also power steering...so i def wanna keep my warranty...just wondering how everyones nitrous setup is going for them? any warranty issues at all? thanks for any help
Old 09-22-2004, 06:46 PM
done12many2

Default Re: warranty and nitrous?

Originally posted by zectasy
i really wanna spray im just worryed bout losing my warranty for my car...ive already went through one trans and also power steering...so i def wanna keep my warranty...just wondering how everyones nitrous setup is going for them? any warranty issues at all? thanks for any help
Warranty and nitrous do not go together!! There is very little to no chance that any dealer would warranty your motor once they know that you've sprayed. You either uninstall it each time you need warranty work on the motor or drivetrain or you will more than likely not get it covered. My dealership is extremely mod friendly and have honored my warranty with my current mods, however, even they would draw the line with nitrous installed. This would not mean that your entire warranty is void, but you can bet on the motor and drivetrain not being covered. Obviously, if your rear speaker was to go out, it would be hard for the dealership to say that the nitrous was at fault and therefore void the warranty.

Last edited by done12many2; 09-22-2004 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:16 PM
zectasy

im just trying to get the best bang for the buck....i guess maybe i should just stick to test pipes...headers and reflash?
Old 09-23-2004, 08:29 AM
350_Z

If you want to keep the waranty on the Engine your best bet is to stick with Bolt-ons. Any type of Forced Induction will void the warranty.

The only option would be to get the Stillen S/C because Stillen offers it's own waranty on the engine.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:40 AM
zectasy

looks like thats what im going to do....my warranty has already helped me out alot so i def dont wanna put that in jeporady..
Old 09-23-2004, 11:37 AM
kaj75

looks like thats what im going to do....my warranty has already helped me out alot so i def dont wanna put that in jeporady..
Old 09-23-2004, 11:53 AM
kaj75

When people tell you that your warranty is automatically voided with nitrous they are not always correct.
I have had two different cars warrantied with nitrous. You just have to take the proper precautions. Like buy an extra intake piece,change spark plugs drain and change your oil and oil filter.All of this only of course if you get some like knocking action. Now the one thing that will get you is if your motor locks up then it looks really bad. This has not yet happened to me fortunately.
I not saying that they will warranty your car but I'm saying youve got a 50/50 shot and it always helps to know sombody as well.
So good luck in which ever you decide to venture. I personally am going to go with fully ported heads, Ported intake,cold air induction, Headers, stillen testpipes,pullies, and a 100 shot of nitrous. I have direct contact with one of the best head guys around, a lot of the big names send him their heads. He is going to port the intake to match the heads I would love to get cams also because that would make such a difference but just cant aff.ord it. I'm putting my car in for warranty first then Im going to pull it apart so it should take about three weeks before its done but we will see what the outcome is. Im hopeing for 320 to the wheels before the spray but the key word here is hopeing