Notices
NOLAZCC New Orleans Louisiana Z Car Club

NOLA Tuscaloosa Tornado Relief Concert

Old 05-26-2011, 10:52 AM
nuckinfutz74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOLA Tuscaloosa Tornado Relief Concert

Hey guys, a friend/vendor of mine is sponsoring a relief concert, if anyone could make it, it would go to a great cause.

Stephen Gordon 504.452.8824 flashproducts@gmail.com
My name is Stephen Gordon and I am a 27-year-old native of New Orleans. Myself, TiaraPeterson and a few of our friends heard about the tremendous tragedy in Tuscaloosa Alabama and decided we needed to go and help. So we gathered supplies, piled in one of our trucks at 4:30 A.M. Saturday morning and made the drive to help.
After many of us losing everything in Katrina, going to our homes by boat, and playing a hands on role in the recovery process we assumed that we would be ready for what we were about to see. I guess no matter how often you see tragedy, it never becomes easier. Some of the hardest hit areas are physically no longer there and for someone who has seen a lot of destruction this was some of the worst.
There is always a silver lining, and for us it was found that Saturday night while trying to find a place to unwind. We stumbled upon one of the local bars that were throwing a benefit concert for the victims. After we donated supplies and money, the manager of the establishment asked us if we were affected. We let him know we were from New Orleans and decided after all the help we received it was time to return the favor!
The amount of support we were shown from the band and locals that night was truly remarkable. The lead singer of the band (the Ryan Kinder band) let us know he lost everything and was overwhelming grateful we came to help. Right then and there I knew we had to do even more then what we came up here to do.
I found out that the band will be in New Orleans Memorial Day weekend, as they will be performing for a private venue on the 28th. With this in mind we actively organized a benefit concert for Friday the 27th of May at the Republic with live music by the Ryan Kinder Band, and all ticket proceeds going directly to the following charities: Tuscaloosa Relief Aid Tuscaloosa Humane Society
"As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person." Paul Shane Spear
When: Friday, May 27, 2010 6:30pm- 10:00pm
(Concert starts at 7, doors open at 6:30)
Where:
Republic
828 S. Peters
New Orleans, LA
Who:
Ryan Kinder Band
Why:
We've teamed up with Republic to bring you NOLA Tuscaloosa Tornado Relief- a Fundraiser for the victims of the recent tornadoes in Tuscaloosa. Living in New Orleans we are all aware of how horrible a natural disaster can be and how tough the recovery process is. Lots of people from our surrounding southern states came to help us recover; now it’s our turn to give back! When we went to Tuscaloosa to help with Tornado relief we met an AMAZING band doing a benefit concert. Not only was the lead singer directly affected by the storm, he was still performing to raise money for the event! On top of that they were one of the best live bands we have ever seen and decided right then and there we had to get them to New Orleans! Come enjoy live music by Ryan Kinder Band, all the way from Tuscaloosa, and drinks at Republic.
ALL TICKET SALES benefit NOLA Tuscaloosa Tornado Relief Fund.
Tickets:
General Admission: $15 advance/ $20 at the door
Doors open at 6:30pm
Advanced tickets can be purchased from www.republicnola.com
or can be picked up in person from
Flashtech
3814 Veterans Memorial Blvd
Suit 301
Metairie, LA 70002
VIP:
Vip packages are being sold to sponsors on a bronze, silver and gold level.
Please call Stephen Gordon at 504-452-8824 to sponsor.
Sponsors:
Flashtech
Ultra Print
Jack Hutton Fashion
Paragon Global
Republic

NOLA Tuscaloosa Tornado Relief Concert-nola-tuscaloosa-tornado-relief-concert2.jpg

NOLA Tuscaloosa Tornado Relief Concert-nola-tuscaloosa-tornado-relief-concert.jpg
Attached Files

Last edited by nuckinfutz74; 05-26-2011 at 10:56 AM.