Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 AM
shiftie6z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is the pics of these "badazz" cars? I just wanted to check'em out, but I'll roll up with anyone. Just thought it would be cool to roll in numbers.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 AM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftie6z
Where is the pics of these "badazz" cars? I just wanted to check'em out, but I'll roll up with anyone. Just thought it would be cool to roll in numbers.

He says if you can keep up because many ZROC members drive with no regard to the legal speed limit. Also known as driving like a dik-wad. Just kidding! but not really
Old 06-20-2012, 11:57 AM
bajamike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow03z

He says if you can keep up because many ZROC members drive with no regard to the legal speed limit. Also known as driving like a dik-wad. Just kidding! but not really
LMAO...Maybe Big Sexy Clay can lead the pack
Old 06-20-2012, 02:53 PM
g-adabout

Glad you said ZROC drives like this...and not the OGC! hahahahaa
Old 06-20-2012, 03:39 PM
ocdz

Originally Posted by bajamike
LMAO...Maybe Big Sexy Clay can lead the pack
I feel as though you're asking me to photoshop him in another compromising position.

Originally Posted by g-adabout
Glad you said ZROC drives like this...and not the OGC! hahahahaa
Well, I'm sure the same thing could be said about most car clubs. There are those that drive like they're on a race-track when clearly they are not. I'm not talking about the occasional hard driving. Anyone who knows ZROC I'm sure can picture a certain blue 370Z.

Besides, I know you were going the posted speed limit when the G let go.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 AM
shiftie6z

Yeah I think people look alot better driving responsibly especially when there is a group which could magnify the dangers of driving stupid. I want a group that wants to drive atleast somewhat decent. I don't mean the posted speedlimit by any means, just not trying to "fast and the furious" all the way up there. Looks much cooler when they're in a line. Gives people a little better impression of the import scene..not just seeing us as a group of ignorant careless drivers.

Last edited by shiftie6z; 06-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

ZROC has scaled back the insanity to a great degree - you won't see us doing 150 MPH on public roads. You will see us flying through the twisties, but never over the yellow line. And you will also see us responsible enough to go to the track when we ant to let it all hang out - like on July 8 at MidOhio. $200 buys a lot of peace of mind.
And I was only kidding about Tim and Brett - they each have 600 HP plus in their TT's but they keep it pretty civil. Bad Azz refers mostly to the beauty of their cars - you could eat off their engine bays.
And we let just let Mad Dog and his blue 370 disappear - no sense keeping up with insanity although Clay had no problem on the last 555 run, lol.

Last edited by PerfZ; 06-21-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:37 PM
shiftie6z

That's cool. I can appreciate a clean car with alot of power. I'm still mostly stock, but it's hard to pay cash for a car then have the money to dump in the drivetrain. That's gonna be this winters project. I'm just trying to make it look decent for this summer.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:47 AM
bajamike

That's cool. I can appreciate a clean car with alot of power. I'm still mostly stock, but it's hard to pay cash for a car then have the money to dump in the drivetrain. That's gonna be this winters project. I'm just trying to make it look decent for this summer.
Agreed. I always say, "It's not what you have, but do you enjoy what you have". Having said that, I think I've sold my boat today, hmmm...what will be my winter project....any suggestions? No Ryan - no photoshop pictures. I know you have some of me for these occaisions....
Old 06-22-2012, 04:54 AM
shiftie6z

My next step for the exterior of the car is wheels. I got a good deal on the ones I have, but I truly want 19's. As for my winter project, I'm probably going to do a turbo set up. Just something with low boost for a lil something extra, yet still keep the z reliable on the street because as of right now it's my dd.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:52 AM
bajamike

Great!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:22 AM
ocdz

My next step for the exterior of the car is wheels. I got a good deal on the ones I have, but I truly want 19's. As for my winter project, I'm probably going to do a turbo set up. Just something with low boost for a lil something extra, yet still keep the z reliable on the street because as of right now it's my dd.
The exterior mods are a slippery slope. I started with wheels a couple years ago, I'd say that is a great first mod and can really make the car look better. Before you know it, you've got a garage full of bumpers, wheels, and body parts.

I'd love to do FI someday but its a lot more money than you initially think. I've been trying to "do things right the first time". For me I think that starts with finding a short block to build on my own time. My Z is not a daily and I'd recommend being very cautious about turboing a daily driver. If you have the money though, why not?
Old 06-22-2012, 08:25 AM
ocdz

Originally Posted by bajamike
Agreed. I always say, "It's not what you have, but do you enjoy what you have". Having said that, I think I've sold my boat today, hmmm...what will be my winter project....any suggestions? No Ryan - no photoshop pictures. I know you have some of me for these occaisions....
I'll have to see if I have any photos with you in shades looking stoic.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:48 AM
ocdz

Last bump on the Ohio thread for today.

I was talked into running over to the sawmill rd home depot gathering tonight.

It'd be cool to get some other cars to go as well. Just saying. I realize like 5 people look at this thread.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:14 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, what time?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM
shiftie6z

Yeah you're right. Money is super tight right now so I probably won't be doing FI any time soon. That's one of the reasons I'm waiting, to get a work car and to make sure it's what I wanna do. Thanks for the input. I just know that wheels are one of my main issues. I sorta like the ones I have, but I think 19's just looked alot better on the z.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:55 PM
ocdz

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Well, what time?
I've heard things get going around 10ish?

Yeah you're right. Money is super tight right now so I probably won't be doing FI any time soon. That's one of the reasons I'm waiting, to get a work car and to make sure it's what I wanna do. Thanks for the input. I just know that wheels are one of my main issues. I sorta like the ones I have, but I think 19's just looked alot better on the z.
Pictures??? I have 19s and honestly I dont think there is a great difference in the looks besides maybe the profile of the tire. Lowering springs and a set of wheels in decent offset is all you need! That's not TOO much $
Old 06-23-2012, 08:48 AM
bajamike

Originally Posted by slow03z
Last bump on the Ohio thread for today.

I was talked into running over to the sawmill rd home depot gathering tonight.

It'd be cool to get some other cars to go as well. Just saying. I realize like 5 people look at this thread.
How was this? Does anyone hang out/go on Saturday nights?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:18 PM
shiftie6z

What is a good tire for stretching on a 10.5" rim? The tires I have are 275-40-18's and look too big. I want something with more stretch but I'm just that great for figuring out tire sizes. I have a 8.5 I think in the front.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:59 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stretched tires are stupid.

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.